snood

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're too modest - you know you are the undisputed greatest. The best JTT and I could ever hope to achieve is runner-up.
JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hi Finn. How did your election party go?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:44 pm
@snood,
Quote:
The best JTT and I could ever hope to achieve is runner-up.

You're much too kind, Snood. I'm ready to relinquish second spot to you. Smile
snood

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:45 pm
Hey Finn, you making any big bets on any upcoming events? Tip us off, so we know to wager the other way!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:49 pm
@snood,
My bet is that snood will live a happy life, unburdened by personal insecurities and paranoid fears, and that he will will put aside the utter bitterness of his hollow existence and enjoy all that life has to offer.

(Good tip is to wager the other way.)
JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Snood vs JTT the battle to determine who is the greatest asshole on A2K!

You ought to get Robert to check the curtains on 'ignore', Finn. I think they are getting holes in them from the kids who are constantly running in and out of there.

Did you bump into CI when you snuck out this time or did you just peek thru a hole?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:52 pm
@JTT,
How wonderful to see that snood and JTT are now bosom buddies. See, anything is possible when one has faith and a belief in the very limited half-life of asshole's stupidity.
JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 09:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
How wonderful to see that snood and JTT are now bosom buddies.

Typical of your ability to discern what's up on any particular issue you happen to pontificate upon, Finn.

Quote:
See, anything is possible when one has faith and a belief in the very limited half-life of asshole's stupidity.

Ooooooooo, you shouldn't have tried to rush this one, Finn.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 09:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
My bet is that snood will live a happy life, unburdened by personal insecurities and paranoid fears, and that he will will put aside the utter bitterness of his hollow existence and enjoy all that life has to offer.

Oooops, this one too, Finn.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 10:14 pm
Hey Finn, your attempts to change the overarching subject - the rightwing getting their ass whupped and wretches like you scrambling to uncake the egg on their face - are pathetic and transparent.

But no worries. You have FOUR MORE YEARS to come to some terms with your new reality.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 10:17 pm
And Finn, just because JTT and I have it in common that we think you are a ridiculous prick doesn't make us "buddies"; it just shows we are partakers of very common knowledge.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 05:20 am
Here: Some serious reading: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/news/business/0915taxesandeconomy.pdf

Spoiler Alert:

Here's the summary:

Throughout the late-1940s and 1950s, the top marginal tax rate was typically above 90%; today it
is 35%. Additionally, the top capital gains tax rate was 25% in the 1950s and 1960s, 35% in the
1970s; today it is 15%. The real GDP growth rate averaged 4.2% and real per capita GDP
increased annually by 2.4% in the 1950s. In the 2000s, the average real GDP growth rate was
1.7% and real per capita GDP increased annually by less than 1%. There is not conclusive
evidence, however, to substantiate a clear relationship between the 65-year steady reduction in the
top tax rates and economic growth. Analysis of such data suggests the reduction in the top tax
rates have had little association with saving, investment, or productivity growth. However, the top
tax rate reductions appear to be associated with the increasing concentration of income at the top
of the income distribution. The share of income accruing to the top 0.1% of U.S. families
increased from 4.2% in 1945 to 12.3% by 2007 before falling to 9.2% due to the 2007-2009
recession. The evidence does not suggest necessarily a relationship between tax policy with
regard to the top tax rates and the size of the economic pie, but there may be a relationship to how the economic pie is sliced.

Joe(we are still waiting for the trickledown effect to take effect)Nation
Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 05:49 am
The capital gains tax is the clincher. That's how the rich get richer--people worth millions and millions and millions of dollars aren't waiting for a paycheck.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 05:57 am
@Setanta,
If you have a 401 or a standard IRA you will be affected also
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 07:09 am
I have not been bothering to read your posts lately, but that one is short enough that i read it before i realized it was yours. You are wrong. The income from 401ks is taxed as regular income, not capital gains. Furthermore, the current capital gains tax of 15% would be considerably less than the regular income tax rate on all but the lowest brackets. Finally, Mr. Obama has said that he wants to increase the capital gains tax on those making $200,000 or more, and anyone pulling down that kind of money from 401ks wouldn't get any sympathy from me.

You're promoting a Republican myth, largely started by John McCain. Anyone who wishes can read about it at PolitiFact's fact checking site.
JPB

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 07:36 am
Now what?

How 'bout Super-PACs becoming lobbying engines? Lovely.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/super_pacs_make_move_to_lobbying-219080-1.html?pg=2
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 08:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Nobody will ever topple Waterboy from that title.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 09:06 am
For my own peacce of mind I would like to edit something I said earlier:
In response to Finn saying that JTT and I were battling it out to be the no. 1 a*shole, I said that he was the undisputed champion.

Whether or not Finn really thinks that about me, I know that
Finn is intelligent, and that there are much bigger dullards, sociopaths and ignoramuses than Finn on this site.

And I don't expect this or intend this to make me and Finn buddies, but I don't want being caught up in the one-upping of snark to totally eclipse all my perspective and judgement.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 09:14 am
Free City - Very tempting.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/11/private-city-in-honduras-will-have-minimal-taxes-government/
DrewDad

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 09:22 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I say, go for it! You only live once!
0 Replies