Harrasment from husband ...he is a cheat and abuser

srlovesu

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 06:13 am
@Green Witch,
I don't have any idea about the solution for this discussion but it sounds , there are some Indians here, can anyone help me with my question? I want to know what the girl might be having in her mind

http://able2know.org/topic/194724-1
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 07:19 am
@Mame,
I'm sure it's not - it was a woman from India advocating leaving the abuser.

'Cause, you know, India's got a billion people. One size solutions don't fit, well, anyone. The poster above (forgotten the name, sorry) who's saying to stay in the marriage at all costs is full of ****. An abusive marriage is not worth staying in, and as long as people value marriage over personal safety, there will continue to be demonization of domestic abuse victims. I say this as a married person. I love marriage. I think it's wonderful, and I think it's important. I've been married over 20 years.

But if it was abusive, I'd have hit the road years ago, and I don't appreciate this ignorant poster shoving down this woman's attempt to assert herself and consider getting away. She needs support, not some idiot trying to tell her to work out. Abuse generally "works out" two ways - death of the victim or imprisonment of the perpetrator. Insisting that the victim hang around is an invitation to continue the abuse and nothing more.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 07:42 am
Why is it that the WIFE is asked to be loving and patient - yet the husband continues to be disrepectful of his spouse?

While I agree with the sanctity of marriage, it takes commitment from BOTH partners. In this case, you have one who is being asked to endure much pain. This is NOT love; it is self sacrfice and humiliation.

(You can tell a lot about a culture by the way it treats its women. I am glad this is not the attitude of the "new" India)

0 Replies

Chaitukpr

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 03:44 pm
@Mame,
People shall really kick ones butt if they say marriage is a contract/agreement in India..............seriously try it.

If woman goes on marrying a person on person on person..she is called whore/pros in India.............mind it and imagine what this lady would have to go through after that.

Before typin...............fill the shoes of the person. I am imaginin her aftermath condition if she breaks her marraige...that would be the most worst part.

Mame

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 03:56 pm
@Chaitukpr,
I never suggested she remarry. I simply said she should move out, preferably sharing a house or apartment with another woman or women as roommates. She could afford to live without him if she shared expenses, plus she'd get emotional support. I don't care if she ever remarries - she just shouldn't put up with this abuse.

And why isn't the man, the one who is doing the cheating and abusing, the person who gets the lecture? Because men in India think women are lower than them.

If I lived under your regime, I would never marry or I would move away - far, far away.

And another thing, I don't know what the worst part is about breaking up. She could stay married, move far away and tell everyone she's a widow.
Chaitukpr

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 04:56 pm
@Mame,
stay married....and tell every1 shes a widow !!!!!!!! WTF !!!! what happened to your senses ?????????? What kinda stupid idea are you givin...that too to a woman with a kid.

I am suggesting her to save her marriage.............and U opposing the sacred marriage saying it a contract and above that askin her to say shes a widow !!!

Oh my god !! save people................people getting suggestions from 23 yr old kid like me.....................Word should change !
Pearlylustre

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 05:16 pm
@Chaitukpr,
Quote:
sacred marriage

Exactly how is there anything 'sacred' about being abused, lied to and cheated on? Do you really believe in a god that thinks it's ok for a man to hurt and demean his wife and child?
0 Replies

aruminair

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 06:44 am
@Chaitukpr,
Thanks a ton however he is so diffrnt person that nobody can change him nor love nor relation.he is not a human... anyways thanks once again god bless u
0 Replies

GenerationXY

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2013 02:19 am
IS this still a problem in Indian then what can i expect about the NGOs and law and order there Sad
You must contact and discuss seriously this topic with your parents and guardians so you could get a proper solution for this . Any how it is not a matter to be leaved. I can not advise you separation because it is against the culture of India and moral values.
Stay strong lady.
0 Replies