Does she have a crush on me??

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:06 am
Ok, I am very honest while asking this question and writing here. I am a guy just turned 25 and work at an IT company. My office is very far from my home and it takes almost 4 hours of travelling daily. I have got friendly and helpful colleagues in my office and I spend a quality time with them during office breaks.
Now turning to the question, there's a girl which is from some other department in my office. It's been 5 months that I see her usually boarding the bus while standing in the queue to my office. She's a good looking girl but I only admire her looks.
Initially I had thought of her as a egoistic person as she never seemed to speak with anyone else in our office than guys or girls from her own department. But while leaving or coming to the office she usually has got a female friend who is from my department. I never used to speak initially with her friend too, as our group used to be different. I used to notice the girl whenever she used to give a look to me sometimes. Later on due to some kind of work related matter, I had a conversation with her friend after which I used to speak or smile at her friend. I initially didn't even know her name, until a colleague with whom I used to travel by bus told me the same. She used to speak with my colleague. Initially even when used to have close encounters like at wash basin or water filters she never gave me a smile or something, and I too didn't used to bother about her. This happened till a few days back when I finally had a talk with her while we were walking towards the bus station which is half an hour long enough.
Now the day when we spoke for the first time. It was almost 6.30 the time by which I leave the office. The girl had already left the office almost 10 minutes before me with her friend. When I was walking down the street I noticed them walking ahead. These were 3 people, the girl, her female friend and another guy from the office whom I used to speak with too. The female friend noticed me when I came walking behind them. I started talking with the guy and her friend while walking. Later on we got some topic and I started walking with her friend and she continued walking with the other guy. Sometimes she was walking beside me but never began a conversation. I too didn't bother and let it go the way it was going. I sometimes addressed everyone on a joke but never called her name personally. This went on until when just left 10 to 15mins of walking she called my name and addressed everyone that I would have reached the destination if I was walking alone. Later on we began walking together and she began talking with me. I was surpised initially that she knew my name. Then she also revealed that she knew where I stay and started asking why I travel to the office from so far and not stay nearby on a rental basis. She later on began asking who's in my family, where was I born and brought up and what my father does? I was surprised that in our first conversation she asked me all these questions.
Now I am confused whether she has a crush on me? I don't have a girlfriend and never had any. I really have got no time to think about having one as I am more into my career till I settle down. But still I think if this is going to be her, I would welcome the God's decision. I am really confused and don't even know she already has got a boyfriend. I never had a crush on her but after meeting her I think I am changed. Can anyone please suggest me what can this be?
Sorry for a long story, but it matters me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 6,044 • Replies: 18
No top replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:20 am
@srlovesu,
Life huuuu.
srlovesu

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:24 am
@eurocelticyankee,
@eurocelticyanke

URL: http://able2know.org/reply/post-5059373. What is that?
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:56 am
@srlovesu,
What is life?.

Life is what you're experiencing right now, don't waste time asking faceless people on a computer what to do, seize the moment!. Try it with this girl, if it works, fantastic and if it doesn't ...... Life huuu.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:23 am
The guys who get the girls are the ones who don't ask . . .
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:29 am
@Setanta,
Intriguing, Mr S, would you care to elaborate, please.
Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:32 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Are you slow?

Guys who are comfortable around women don't ask if someone has a crush on them. If they are interested, they show their interest and proceed from there. As the old saying has it, faint heart never won fair lady.
srlovesu

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:35 am
@Setanta,
@setanta: I only want to know if she is indicating something to which I should respond? I don't care if she doesn't even think of me. But I would like to know if this behaviour of her is indicating the signs of crush. I think it would be better known to a girl who can answer me.
Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:37 am
@srlovesu,
If you're attempting to say that a woman can answer this better than a man, then you're missing the point of what i am saying. If you are interested in her, then go for it. If you're not, don't bother yourself, nor us, with pointless questions.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:39 am
@Setanta,
Mr S, have you ever thought of becoming a diplomat?.

Do please... I'd pay good money to see you address the UN.
0 Replies

srlovesu

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:39 am
@Setanta,
@setanta: Do you mean, she really likes me? If I go flirt with her, then maybe we could end up in a relationship?
Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:40 am
@srlovesu,
It just ain't sinkin' in . . . good luck . . . bye . . .
srlovesu

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:15 am
@Setanta,
@setanta: I didn't get what you want to say?
Ragman

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:49 am
@srlovesu,
I'll interpret for you:

Get off your butt and ask her directly and stop thinking about it. I do recognize the possibility that you have a cultural difference from many of us here in North America, but that is not what I perceive as the root of the problem. This is a far simpler problem but perhaps not an easy problem.

Action works best - not introspection.

Where is the harm being direct? You won't die if she says no and there's a good chance she will accept. You aren't proposing a marriage. She has shown an interest in you, but don't blow it.

See if she'll spend some one-on-one time with you. And then get to know her and listen to her words and watch her reactions...by looking into her eyes when she speaks.

Perhaps your shyness and/or overthinking matters so much is a social barrier.
If at age 25 you have never had a girlfriend, possibly the reason is due to your overthinking things.

Regardless if you have your career as your main focus...sooner or later (now?) you'll want a romantic interest in your life and so far the way you have gone about is not working. Take the time and stop guessing what the other person is thinking.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 08:04 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Somebody out there must have a terribly numb thumb, I suppose it's better than a numb bum.

he he
0 Replies

srlovesu

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 11:04 pm
@Ragman,
@Ragman:

Its been a long time since I had asked this question and had got some good replies for the same.
Now the situation is, I learnt that the girl already has got a boyfriend and the 2 of them seem to be serious with each other by the way she told me about their relationship.
In the meantime she also had asked me if there was a girlfriend of mine and was surprised why I don't have any.
But still I feel confused, as since then, we almost walk daily together after the office hours.
We usually are a group who take a walk to the station after the office, but she always calls me before leaving. One day she left the office some 10 mins early and told me she have to go somewhere else. But later on when she reached downstairs she called me again and said she wants me to come and doesn't wish to go alone. Ofcourse I never say no to her.
Moreover, when we walk alongside I get surprised when sometimes she helds my hand while crossing the road or walking down a slope.
I really don't seem to understand what this girl has in her mind. Pretty confused still.
srlovesu

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 05:07 am
@srlovesu,
please reply to this...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 09:27 am
@srlovesu,
srlovesu wrote:

...I learnt that the girl already has got a boyfriend and the 2 of them seem to be serious with each other ...

What's confusing about this, other than wishful thinking on your part, due to friendliness on hers?

Don't fish in that pond.

That clear enough for you? Move on.
0 Replies

wooptee doo

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 09:41 am
@srlovesu,
I am a girl, so please listen. You probably enjoy the attention she is giving you since you are shy and probably a bit self-conscious, and since you have never been in a relationship; I can understand where you are coming from. I can honestly say, since she is in a relationship already, that she is ONLY looking to be your friend, it sounds like you are giving her attention, and she probably senses it too, so she enjoys that, but that is all, you boost her ego, she likes you as a friend. Do not be more that a friend to her, like you would be to a guy friend, and if you want more than that, stay away from her don't be her friend, because it sounds like you are the only one who is going to get hurt. If a girl is in a relationship and she is openly friendly and wants to find out about you, it just means she wants to be friends, unless she sleeps around (she is a slut), which I don't think is the case. If she was interested in you while she was in a relationship she would probably feel guilty and miserable and avoid you completely. So don't be confused, this is a friend.
0 Replies