Ashcroft in ICU

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 03:46 pm
karmic Debt Called Due?
Quote:
Ashcroft hospitalized with gallstone complications

Friday, March 5, 2004 Posted: 11:24 AM EST (1624 GMT)

U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft
Story Tools

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft is in the intensive care unit of a Washington hospital after being admitted Thursday night for gallstone pancreatitis, the Justice Department said Friday.

The nation's top legal officer was brought to George Washington University Hospital's emergency room for evaluation of stomach complaints, Justice Department spokesman Mark Corrallo said in a statement.

Emergency room doctors determined Ashcroft was suffering from a severe case of gallstone pancreatitis, and he was admitted to intensive care for monitoring and treatment with antibiotics, the department said.

The condition occurs when a gallstone migrates from the gallbladder to the pancreas, causing a blockage.

It can be extremely painful and sometimes dangerous but usually isn't life-threatening, said CNN medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

Among the main symptoms is mild to severe pain in the upper abdomen that often moves to the back, according to the Mayo Clinic. Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, high fever, difficulty breathing and abdominal bruises from internal bleeding.

Ashcroft, 61, believing he had stomach flu, canceled a Thursday appearance in Alexandria, Virginia, to announce verdicts in a terrorism case, the department said.

He went home, and when the conditioned worsened, White House physician Daniel Park visited him and concluded he should be hospitalized.

The department said doctors expect to know more about Ashcroft's condition within 48 hours.

I wonder if its too late for the "killer nurse" to take another travel assignment?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,759 • Replies: 56
No top replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:14 pm
Who Said There Is No God?
WOw. This IS good news. Ashcroft suffering horrible pain is downright just considering the horror and pain he is inflicting on what are probably for the most part innocent people. Karma is a beatch isn't it...

I can't think of a better guy than Cashcrafty to be taken out by a gallstone. I wonder if he thinks God has smited him for being so God-damned evil? Probably not. He probably thinks he is Job, and will swear unto his God ( and torture devices ) no matter how much pain comes his way.

Well, well, what do you know. The neocon coup de la nation is backfiring piece by piece. No one knows how to rule over the entire planet, and the fools that think they can get taken out, one by one. Wouldn't it be cool if Cheney dropped dead on the campaign trail, and Bush melts down into hysterical sobbing and hiccupping as they drag him off?

Well, it's a dream, and I'll dream it if I want.

Tolkien has an interesting little quote that is appropriate here:

Oft evil will shalt evil marr.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:17 pm
Hobit, We had a friend who died from pancreatitis. It is nothing to fool around with. I have never heard of gall stones in the common bile duct causing pancreas problems, but I do know that our friend was a very heavy drinker. Now we have Cheney and Ashcroft who have serious health problems. Kerry doesn't look well to me, either. Good grief!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:19 pm
God sure has a great sense of humor, doesn't he? Cool
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:28 pm
I would like to express my sincere hope for John to make a speedy and complete recovery before he announces his resignation and retires to Missouri.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:40 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:42 pm
After 20 years of cocaine and alcohol abuse, if you think Bush doesn't have health/mental problems, you are overlooking a lot of scientific fact of what the combination of these two drugs does to a human brain. We see evidence of it every time Bush opens his mouth. He is reputed to being injected weekly to compensate for the brain damage so that he can speak properly. Obviously, the medication isn't working.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:43 pm
I would like to express my sincere hope that his medical and nursing staff are all Black, Hispanic, Arab, and flamboyantly GAY!!!!!!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:47 pm
Umbagog, Do you really believe that Bush is being injected? Shocked

(aside: How did your interview go?)
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:00 pm
I think it's disgusting and I thought better of those of you here that you mock and make light of someone who is ill.

If someone walks into a sliding glass door and is embarrassed but unhurt can and will bring a lighthearted chuckle to those who witness it.

To take joy in the pain of others is just sick and is the sign of a poor example of a human being.

I think y'all should take a step back and imagine if someone you knew and cared about was ill and in pain and all the people around you were taking joy in it and wishing more pain upon them.

Just take a step back and get some perspective please.

I really thought better of this place, we disagree most of the time, yet we keep a level of respect and decorum for the most part.

Taking sadistic joy in pain, no matter who the person is or what you think of them, is just wrong.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:05 pm
I take no joy in the suffering of monsters and I take no joy from the suffering of one whose politics is diametrically opposed to mine.

I think Fedral hit the nail on the head.

It's a base vingatorial urge that doesn't belong in civilization.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:05 pm
I agree with Fedral ( Shocked ) and that's why I said what I said.

I do hope AG Ashcroft gets better and goes home to the Ozarks.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:11 pm
That's the rumor. If in fact Bush inflicted brain damage on himself, and I know many his age who are in serious damaged states from all the partying over the years, it isn't too great a leap to assume he is being treated for his problems. The guy CANNOT speak properly, even when reading, and that is a big sign there are problems with the neurons not firing properly anymore. Stress would exacerbate the problems too. His reddish, gin blossoms face doesn't help the defense either. You can't write all this off on him being a dufus. The man has something wrong with him, that much is clear.

Well, I think I nailed the interview. Two sat in with me instead of one, it happened late in the day late in the week. I sounded sure of myself and the duties offered. I salivated and stressed getting this good job was more important than the wages involved. It went smoothly, and lasted for a half-hour. I know when I flopped, and I didn't walk away with that feeling. I was hoping for hiring right then and there, but I got a hint that they are still finalizing the budget for the position ( which is likely ), and that I will get a call next week.

Not 100 % encouraging, but the man said I was overqualified somewhat, and suggested the position wasn't as high-paid as I might be thinking because it is essentially half a position because the woman I will be replacing is moving on to higher functions. She was no beauty either, so I know they aren't looking for a nice pair of boobs to gawk at all day long. I was seeing approval in both the old man and the young man's faces, so I think it is a lock.

I freaking hope so. I'm all but bankrupted already after unemployment for 9 months. At any rate, it was my last, best chance to get through this unscathed, without having to take two or three burger-flipping jobs to survive. If it falls through next week, I'll be filling out applications in supermarkets and stores, etc., as I have about a month left, maybe a little more, before the crap hits the fan.

I really am one of the dislocated workers in this country. I should have found a job months ago, but the jobs just aren't there.

I have strong instincts, and they are screaming YES right about now, so next week is a critical one for me. I either achieve victory, or I have to see what comes after the splat. I hate being on a razor's edge like this, but it isn't the first time in my life. My grandmother, now deceased, always said I had a guardian angel watching out for me, because I defied odds and always found a door that opened when all the other doors were swinging shut. I say maybe she was on to something there, but it's my own determination to survive instead of perish that wins the day for me.

But I don't have the answer yet, and the waiting and wondering continues...as does the job search. I can't sit back and assume I got it. It's a good opportunity for me, I want the job, and I want my freaking life back.

I will never trust a republican ever again after this. They are all scum even if they really aren't that bad for the simple reason that their views cause pain and suffering for others while they bloat themselves in arrogance and superiority and selfishness. OK, you can argue democrats do the same thing, but it's been forced on me by a republican, not a democrat, so....

I mean this too. If I find out someone is a republican, they will get cut out of my life, or else totally ignored no matter what their problem is. I'm done with these bloodsuckers. I WAS a republican since Reagan. I even voted for Bush versus Clinton, but that was the beginning of the end for me and the republicans. I believed them, but what they are doing in practice is totally contradictory to what they are preaching. Believe me, I know the type, and they are a menace to everyone around them.

I'll post what happens next week, once I figure out how to originate posts here, as I am new. I am on other sites as well, and I figured me whining about my situation is actually appropriate here, because I am in fact one of the 2.2 million jerked out of their jobs over the past year or so. How I feel about it, and how successful I am being over it is pertinent to the political discussion over it.

My critics are not few, and of course, they always write me off as a lazy welfare collector or something, but I have worked hard since age 15 to pull myself out of poverty, and up until 2003, I was the real deal, the American Dream made possible, and demonstrated as doable still...until Bush and his policies kicked in...

Of course, you have to accept that I am being truthful here for my discourse to have any relevance, so I assure you, this position of being anonymous allows me to be totally honest, and I am mostly honest to start with.

I might get through this yet, but let me tell you, it has been the biggest, most frustrating challenge I have ever faced in my 42 years, and I have faced some doozies along the way.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:14 pm
I skimmed the answers and see others have said this as well, but hey! "Pray for complications" is disgusting.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:18 pm
Fedral, I don't see the glow from your halo anywhere. Perhaps a pic might help us defer to your superiority?
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:20 pm
hobitbob wrote:
I would like to express my sincere hope that his medical and nursing staff are all Black, Hispanic, Arab, and flamboyantly GAY!!!!!!

LOL, I was just thinking the exact same thing! Seriously, I'm not ragging on the guys illness, and I don't wish upon him any sickness, but wouldn't it be great if his caretaker represented every class that that he apparently hates, yet still treats him wonderfully?

Sometimes being forced into contact with the people you don't like is the only way you can see them as human beings worthy of respect.

I can just see it now. Some lithe, perfectly manecured and stunningly handsome nurse named Ramone walking into the room saying "Oh John, I swear you are just SUCH a drama queen the way you go on about your medication...and look at you! Hair all a mess and everything- I'd say its time for some serious manscaping later today!"
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:21 pm
Under any other circumstances, and if this man did not represent the most vulagar, base, and evil examples of humanity to me (as he does) I would agree. But I have no compassion for him. I have a great deal of antipathy instead. I don't hate Bush, I may indeed hate John Ashcroft. So I shan't apologize, or take back the comments. I shall instead continue to hope he has complications that force him to be medically unable to stay in office.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:22 pm
Heywood wrote:
hobitbob wrote:

LOL, I was just thinking the exact same thing! Seriously, I'm not ragging on the guys illness, and I don't wish upon him any sickness, but wouldn't it be great if his caretaker represented every class that that he apparently hates, yet still treats him wonderfully?

Sometimes being forced into contact with the people you don't like is the only way you can see them as human beings worthy of respect.

I can just see it now. Some lithe, perfectly manecured and stunningly handsome nurse named Ramone walking into the room saying "Oh John, I swear you are just SUCH a drama queen the way you go on about your medication...and look at you! Hair all a mess and everything- I'd say its time for some serious manscaping later today!"

Can ah git a Ay-meyun!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:23 pm
We are but humans, not saints. That includes ALL of us. For those of you postering here in your disgust, I suggest an old phrase that still says it all:

Physician, heal yourself.

You do realize that you are condemning us for condemning Ashcroft? But you aren't disgusted with your own gutteral human reaction? Just ours?

They dragged Mussonlini's lifeless corpse through the streets, and the crowds cheered - and rightly so. If Cashcrafty is worthy of scorn, and most will say he is, who are you to judge us for judging him? Aren't you just as bad as we are? Aren't you just as silly a human as we are?

What makes you think you have the superior position here when you engage in identical tactics...even worse, on a one-on-one basis instead of a generic public figure status?

I'd say if we are trolls, then you are an ogre.

Think about it.

Christians are supposed to forgive and accept sinners. And you aren't forgiving and accepting any more than we are.

Et tu Brute?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:26 pm
Of course, I'm not even close to being a Christian, os I don't pretend to any amount of sanctity I don't possess, unlike Ashcroft!
0 Replies