Ashcroft in ICU

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:27 pm
No, I don't accept "pray for complications." I also don't accept bigotry. I'm no fan of Ashcroft, but see no reason to celebrate the baser instincts.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:28 pm
We shall agree to differ then.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:30 pm
I thought the caretakers comment was funny, only because it's only a curse if the cared for is prejudiced.

But the rest is sad. It's just another form of primitive prejudice.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:31 pm
While the Ramone theory is interesting for sure, downright karmic in its implications, I doubt Cashcrafty will see anyone but God as his healer.

I see God as his punisher, but he won't. He'll say Satan is testing him.

Ramone could have an ax to grind too...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:32 pm
I went to a hippy-dippy elementary school. We all hated Reagan, passionately. Word came over the intercom that he had been shot. Several of the students cheered. Our teacher, who we adored, was absolutely ashen. He demanded that everyone sit down, and I don't think I will ever forget the look on his face as he explained how absolutely unacceptable it was to celebrate this act of violence.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:33 pm
Ideally, Ramon would be as polite and cheerful to Ashcroft as he is to any patient, and the more impolite Ashcroft is to Ramon, the more polite and chatty Ramon would be with him! Very Happy
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:36 pm
Of course it is SAD. This IS a political forum for one thing, ......HELLO, are you awake out there?

And just where is it that you think you are living, anyway? In a republic of light and virtue? Have you EVER cracked open a history book about America? If we are the shining city on the hill, then this planet is in serious trouble.

Do you even realize the horrors and pain and suffering we have inflicted on our fellow humans with different skin colors? Oh, we didn't actually do it, so it isn't our fault? We are Americans, but have no guilt or shame whatsoever?

I'd say the ones judging the posters here have some humility and education to get under their belt. If we continue to insist we are something other than what we are, how are we ever going to understand what is really going on? And if we don't understand what is really going on or how people really feel, what chance do you think we have of actually surviving as this silly human race we are. What will we inherit as the consequences of our ignorance and denouncement of others we don't agree with?

Let me give you a hint. It won't be a shining city on a hill. It will be streets littered with rotting corpses.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:41 pm
Whatever. I know I'm being preachy, I just couldn't let that one go by without comment. I'm a raging lefty liberal and call the conservative posters on inconsistencies, misstatements, and disgusting comments, and try to make a point of calling the other raging lefty liberals on those things as well.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:42 pm
Umbagog wrote:
HELLO, are you awake out there?

What does "awake" have to do with thinking that your reaction is primitive?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:43 pm
That's why we love you, soz! http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys_1/wink-schild.gif
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:43 pm
And if Cashcrafty, with lots of time on his hands, gets around to reading about all the people that wish he was dead, maybe he'll reconsider his position....

Sometimes good comes out of bad. The religious say this as the mysterious ways of God. What kind of God would let us suffer in the first place unless he had some higher purpose we can't understand?

I say, don't like what people think all you want, but just add what you think instead of judging them for what they think. If we all did this, the best and the brightest would surface to the top, and we might actually discover some solutions to our many problems. The right versus wrong crap isn't solving anything. How many decades will have to pass before the silly humans figure this out? It's extremely simple to add your opinion and purse your lips about the other opinions.

And yes, I am guilty of it here....deliberately, to make a point. I'm usually content to put my ideas out there and let what comes come. But once in a while, people act so stupidly and ignorantly, that I have to comment.

I have better things to do that prance around attacking others for their opinions like the political hacks do in these places. It's downright counterproductive, for one thing, and I hate to waste energy.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:44 pm
I've had kidney stones and it was an extremely painful experience. I don't wish that or similar experiences on anyone, and that includes Ashcroft. His immediate and stress free retirement would be boon to both his and the nation's health however, so let's hope the best for him.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:45 pm
You are a great boon to the right Umbagog.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:45 pm
Umbagog wrote:
And if Cashcrafty, with lots of time on his hands, gets around to reading about all the people that wish he was dead, maybe he'll reconsider his position....

No, he'll just want to have us shot.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:46 pm
Dammit, I said boon before I saw Acquiunk's post.

Replace it with.. nemind.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:46 pm
Noob?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 06:37 pm
and just look how this has developed. Many are suddenly defending their positions, and hoping that someone will support them in their beliefs We are no different than any other person out there. I defend nothing.

What I would like to know is, what has happened to this site? Suddenly those who were gentle and caring have turned. Is this virtual community a microscopic view of the world? Everyone seems to wait to see how the thread will go, then jumps on the band wagon.

Why do you not go to the unanswered posts and be the first to put your soul on the line. And that's what it is...YOUR SOUL...

I have seen people totally ignored...passed over for what ever reason, and no one gives a ****. Now that's where the dogs of war move in for the kill.

Tonight I watched Martha Stewart walk out of that courtroom, and I wondered just what I would do in a prison?

You know, folks, when I really get up in arms about stuff, I find that my spelling is perfect.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 06:42 pm
I personally think that Martha is a "politically acceptable sacrifice" to the public opinion. She will probably go to a minimum security "white collar" facility, if she loses her appeal. If she had contributed heavily to the Bush campaign, I doubt she would have even been indicted.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 07:02 pm
Quote:
Tonight I watched Martha Stewart walk out of that courtroom, and I wondered just what I would do in a prison?

Decorate? Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 07:46 pm
A weak smile, Brand X

Slippin'
away, sittin' on a pillow
Waitin' for night to fall
A girl and a dream, sittin' on a pillow
This is the night to go to the celebrity ball

Satin and lace, isn't it a pity
Didn't find time to call