Communism vs. Democracy

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:30 pm
Clairvaux, does that have anything to do with clairvoyant?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 02:35 am
ossobuco wrote:
Clairvaux, does that have anything to do with clairvoyant?
Could well be ('clair voir').
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 02:48 am
Thanks, Walter...

French gets incrementally less unintelligible day by day.
Soon, I'll be able to give a greeting..
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 03:25 am
Democracy is wonderful. You regularly get the chance to choose who your dictator will be for the next few years.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 11:59 am
Dictator? Up here we got us a plutocratic oligarchy.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 01:28 pm
Wilso wrote:
Democracy is wonderful. You regularly get the chance to choose who your dictator will be for the next few years.

What kind of government system do you favor?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:22 pm
So, Spaces, how did the debate go?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 05:49 pm
Portal Star wrote:
Wilso wrote:

What kind of government system do you favor?

The non-existant one where the government actually listens to the people they represent.
0 Replies

dennis

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:23 am
Real veterans understand the courage it takes our 43rd CIC to actually combat terrorism and tyranny while simultaneously promoting our American ideals and freedoms. Real veterans also understand who Kerry is because he showed us his immoral colors in Nicaragua. By the way, thankfully, his side lost and Nicaragua is now a vibrant democracy. Just as it took courage then, it takes courage now. Kerry's instincts were wrong then and are still wrong for America.

The issues in America are found amongst our public schools, our national defense, tax relief, Social Security and Medicare, healthcare, and our economy. I want you to be honest with yourself and the all the facts while you determine which of these two, the President George W. Bush, or his opponent, Sen. John Kerry, has actually accomplished and made progress on these issues.

The principals we strive to fight against in America are found amongst abortions or suicides, crime or smut, and lack of faith; read Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Now I ask you; are all these deaths and the misery associated with abortions or suicides necessary? Do we really need to allow for so much crime and smut and all of its pain and consequences? Do we have such little faith that we blame God for our poverty of morals? When choosing a leader to fight against these principalities, choose one well armed to take the fight to the enemy. Do you know in your heart were Sen. John Kerry stands and defends our collective morals? He and his party are aligned with the devil! They represent evil forces which are tearing apart our citizen's basic rights of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

I encourage you to move away from gratifications towards responsibility and provide this President, George W. Bush, with your great vote.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 01:55 pm
This is the third posting of this exact group of words that Dennis has made today.

It sounded absurd the first time I read it; it sounded even more absurd the second time I read it; and ya know what...

...it actually sounds even more absurd reading it the third time.

I've responded elsewhere -- so I won't bother here.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 09:39 pm
My own theory is that dennis is a liberal, and scattering that post around to create a backlash against conservatives. Whaddaya think?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:37 pm
Sure...
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 05:02 pm
I think the funniest part is "With your great vote." As if anyone's vote is great in a democracy. (Especially ours)
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 02:20 pm
@K e v i n,
May I get some clarification sir?
Communism had a different outlook.
Democracy made in USA is organized by the corporate sponsor to approve the eligible dancer according to the tune of of corrupt, contagerous, cultureless conservative corporate power.
Some of the voters are not counted and if the two dancing dolls meet a dead heat one judge decide who should sleep in White house.
There should be only two dolls and other parties are not eligible.

I live in Germany where the word Democracy has a different connotation. I was born in India there too.
How about upholding democracy made in USA?
Just curious
Rama
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 04:07 pm
@Ramafuchs,

As a die hard nonviloent communist i seek your clarification.
Communism is nothing to do with Democracy but something to do with decency, decipline and decorum.

The country which project democracy had failed to enthuse the global audiance/fans/ citizens..
Am i wrong?
I stand for correction
Rama
0 Replies

risi

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 05:45 pm
@K e v i n,
Hi Kevin,

I am From Georgia, Ex-Country of Soviet union. in 80's Georgia was very rich country thanks to communism. Believe me or not we had everything we would imagine. My Uncle had already in 1965 on his 18th birthday Full Automatic car Volga. and you know what his father was a simple post office officer. so no rich family.

In Communism times we had perfect lives until Gorbachev, Shevardnadze and one other Russian official received 3 Trillions for destroying USSR from US Officials. This money was the project budget for Perestroika.

Communism worked very well in USSR until bad governmental figures came to position.

After the end of WW2 US announced cold war with USSR all because their goal was to destroy Communism and get the resources they need. If you go back into history you will see what US does with countries where it can access.

I guess if you just show historical facts at the debate everyone should understand that communism is way better and people's education is higher as well.

0 Replies

Burns77

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 01:45 pm
@joefromchicago,
Dang Marxists idiots....Communism is a joke and any American in favor of Communism is smacking their country in the face and all the soilders that died fighting in the Korean War. America is a country founded on freedom and indepence and Communism offers neither of those two. Sure, American Democracy isn't perfect, but what government is? I'll put up with it to keep my constitutional rights and independence. If I wanted somebody making my decisions for me I'd go back to Kindergarten.
0 Replies