How far has John McCain fallen...

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 12:33 pm
@joefromchicago,
Obviously Rabel believes this is a clever response, but that's hardly a blurb to put on the dust jacket of your memoirs.

Not having as razor sharp a wit as you I'm having a little difficulty figuring out what you've tried to suggest.

Based upon your post it seems you're commenting that he was unwilling, during his presidency, to intrude his opinions on the governance of another person who has shared the weight of office.

That can't be though since it's hardly clever and, more importantly, not particularly insulting to Bush.

I could only assume that by choosing to quote me you scotched up your intended quip: Bush was irrelevant in office as he is in retirement.

Again, that gets a giggle from the easily amused Rabel, but considering all the anger and ill feelings W seemed to generate in liberals such as yourself, it's difficult to see how you might consider his presidency irrelevant.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 01:05 pm
Since his presidency was significant I think a better description would be disastrous.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 01:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Obviously Rabel believes this is a clever response, but that's hardly a blurb to put on the dust jacket of your memoirs.

No, the blurb will be: "I don't get it" -- Finn d'Abuzz

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Based upon your post it seems you're commenting that he was unwilling, during his presidency, to intrude his opinions on the governance of another person who has shared the weight of office.

Yep. Bush seemed to have had no interest in interfering with Dick Cheney's administration while in office.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Again, that gets a giggle from the easily amused Rabel, but considering all the anger and ill feelings W seemed to generate in liberals such as yourself, it's difficult to see how you might consider his presidency irrelevant.

I'm not a liberal and when did I say that Bush's presidency was "irrelevant?"
JTT

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 06:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It probably would have been a whole lot better, Finn, had you just acknowledged that it was kinda cute. In essence, you did that anyway.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:58 pm
@joefromchicago,
I don't know what you said. That's the point, your post was incoherent.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 07:05 am
As usual, I get all the political information I need from Morning Joe (slight exaggeration). I didn't watch the Hagel hearing but after seeing clips, there's only 1 real response. F you, John McCain. Seriously, retire now before you embarrass yourself further. Bitter angry old man.
0 Replies