Furor over Bush's 9/11 ad

John Webb

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 04:26 pm
Of course, apart from using the victims of his failure to bolster his election campaign, he remorselessly exploits the American Flag at every opportunity.

So, the President who has brought more discredit upon the nation than any other in living memory, uses every political trick in the book for personal gain.

Would not be surprised, if he gets the chance, the next time around, he declares war on witch-doctors and black magic, to justify invasions of mineral-rich African nations? Rolling Eyes

If there are folks out there stupid enough to believe that a man hiding in a hole in the ground is a danger to world peace, there have also got to be enough idiots around to vote for hunting witch-doctors too.
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 04:55 pm
au1929 wrote:
Bush is defending the ad and vows to continue to use 9/11 as his theme song. I find that distasteful but understandable on his part. Why? Because prior to 9/11 his presidency was headed for disaster. 9/11 saved his backside.
The word terror has become the most important and most used word in his vocabulary. Asked a question and invariably his answer will contain the word "terrorism." It's his CYA answer to everything.

What does CYA mean?

There was an article in the local paper today entitled "President defends campaign ads using 9/11 images". (It was a report from the New York Times.) The last sentence in the article, which was a quote from Bush, said it all.

Quote:
"And I look forward to the debate about who best to lead this country in the war on terror."
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 05:01 pm
CYA: Cover your ass.
I'm sure Bush is more than qualified to lead the US into more terror attacks. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 09:29 am
http://csmonitor.com/2004/0308/csmimg/cartoon.jpg

This is only a cartoon. However, the message is clear
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 10:50 am
caprice wrote:
The last sentence in the article, which was a quote from Bush, said it all.

Quote:
"And I look forward to the debate about who best to lead this country in the war on terror."

Thing is, that is in no way a debate the Dems need to shy away from.

The Iraq war took a lot of attention, money and time away from what otherwise could have solely focused on Al-Qaeda.

There's the 9/11 investigation and how the White House has made its work more difficult.

And as a Newsweek columnist pointed out the other week:

"Between 1993 and 2001, Al Qaeda was responsible for five major bombing attacks, including 9/11. In the two and a half years since, there have been 17 Qaeda bombings, most recently in Turkey."
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:38 pm
Bush election posters

http://www.whitehouse.org/initiatives/posters/index.asp

Will take aprox 30 sec. for the posters to appear.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 06:13 pm
hobitbob wrote:
CYA: Cover your ass.
I'm sure Bush is more than qualified to lead the US into more terror attacks. Rolling Eyes

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Smile

nimh: Absolutely true, however leading the country in the war on terror is not the only item that should be on the presidential agenda. Granted, it definitely merits the importance Bush seems to be placing on it, but this issue is definitely not the only one that deserves attention.
0 Replies

Verbal lee

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:45 pm
Quod tibi fieri non vis, alteri ne feceris. (Lampridius)

Do not do to another what you don't wish done to yourself.

BUT, Mc Gentrix- This will apply too.
Quod vult qui dicit, quod non vult saepius audit. (Werner)

He who says what he wants very often hears what he doesn't want.

(by the way, read MY sig line.)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 07:52 pm
Verbal lee wrote:
Quod tibi fieri non vis, alteri ne feceris. (Lampridius)

Do not do to another what you don't wish done to yourself.

BUT, Mc Gentrix- This will apply too.
Quod vult qui dicit, quod non vult saepius audit. (Werner)

He who says what he wants very often hears what he doesn't want.

(by the way, read MY sig line.)

Well, at least I know not to argue with you now! :wink:
0 Replies