Would you freak out if the girl you dated is a virgin?

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 12:02 pm
I'm 24 and i've been seeing this guy for a month and a half. I want to have sex with him but i'm really scared that he will freak out if he found out I was a virgin. (FWI - the reason i'm a virgin is because i've never really found someone i wanted to have sex with before. I'm pretty attractive and have had my chances just never used them).

So all you guys out there - would you freak out? and how should I tell him?

djjd62

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 12:22 pm
nope

just tell him, and perhaps sooner rather than later if your relationship seems to be heading in that direction

i don't think the moment of penetration is the time to bring it up
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 12:28 pm
@djjd62,
no big deal.

that's like asking for an ice cream sundae, and getting a cherry on top...
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 12:47 pm
@djjd62,
Yes, I agree with you that she should sit him down and tell him now if he is likely to be her picked for her first sexual partner.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 12:54 pm
@lili4783263,
No. Why would I freak out? And no. You don't really need to tell him. If you're really self conscious about it, you might just drop it into an intimate conversation while you are somewhere private but it really isn't necessary.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 12:54 pm
@lili4783263,
You should talk with him about it beforehand. You should also talk about what form of birth control you will use and insist he also wear a condom.

The reason you should talk about it before hand, is not to prevent him from "freaking out," but so he knows ahead of time that he'll have to take things slowly and gently to give your body a chance to adapt to the new experience.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 12:56 pm
@Butrflynet,
Now you gave this thoughtful advice Butrflynet. I'll retract my post and second Butrflynet's. Emphasize on the safe sex part of the conversation.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 01:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
I strongly disagree that she have no need to tell him as it is a big deal and concern to her so it going to effect her reactions to having sex with him to the point that even a dumb male will picked it up in any case.

Second if she is not comfortable with sharing such information with him then he might not be the man to have her first sexual encounter with.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 01:05 pm
@lili4783263,
Only if I was shallow and only interested in sex would I react negatively (freak out) like that. Dating relationships are about embracing the whole person, not just the sex glands. Unless, it's a case where you can accept just having a fling - and that is way too risky.

Also, listen to what Butrflynet said.
0 Replies

omsaj

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 10:09 am
@lili4783263,
well some guys prefer it...
and i really cant think of ever hearing a guy say he would freak out
personally it doesn't make a difference "my current girlfriend was a virgin and i was her first" although if he really does care about you it might put some pressure on him because a virgin at 24 doesnt just happen! as you said you made that decision to not have sex with just anyone, obviously a guy would like that in theory but to actually be your first indicates you are serious about the relationship and if he isn't as serious as you then he would probably put a little pressure on him.
so try to figure out how he feels about you and just like everyone said definitely talk about it
because if you wait till ur already in bed then tell him he might freak out cuz he was caught off guard
but generally no guys dont freak out about virgins
0 Replies

joeyboy24

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 12:31 pm
@lili4783263,
nope not at all im a guy and i lost my virginity this year and im 24

my question

http://able2know.org/topic/200324-1
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 12:38 pm
If I had a girlfriend I would prefer she was a Virgin, and stay that way. Cool
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 03:49 am
When I first read this thread, I had to mentally cast myself back to when I was the age of the thread starter. (I am male). If I met a person of that same age (24) and we became close enough that I learned she was still a virgin, I might have been initially a bit concerned that she had not had much experience of life, or possibly that she had puritanical ideas about sex and that she was looking for a husband.

At that time a lot of younger people were rebelling against the ideas of their parent's generation (no sex before marriage, one partner for life etc) and I was definitely part of that.

Now I am older, I look back and think that such an attitude was foolish and mistaken. However at the time it was fairly widespread among the people of my age that I knew. I should say that the first time I had sex with a virgin (at 16) I was also a virgin myself.

0 Replies

Jecksoul

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 03:56 pm
@lili4783263,
Well the guy may freak out because he surely knows (like every men) that girls get very emotionally attached to the guy who deflowered them. So it may be a problem if he doesn't want to go too serious.
If you guys like each other a lot it shouldn't be a problem.
0 Replies

NicolasRoss

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 08:03 pm
@lili4783263,
Freak out is not the right expression. He will have sex with you differently that's for sure.
The important thing is that you need to be sure you want him to do it, and that he is aware how "important" it is.
0 Replies

autobiostimulation

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:26 am
@lili4783263,
Definitely..
I personally prefer virgin girl more then others.
I wish that u`ll be ma girlfriend..LOL:)
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:58 am
@lili4783263,
i would be concerned, but I would still give you a test drive.

I dont think there is any good way to tell a guy that in 24 years you never before now had enough interest in sex to do it....your best bet is to say nothing and hope that it goes well. If it does tell him after, and of course also say that you have decided based upon this experience (him) that you love sex. buttering him up this way will get you what ever you want.
0 Replies

Insomnium

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 03:36 am
I wouldn't freak out but if your are mature enough to have sex with him and risk having a child then you should be mature enough to just talk about it to him like a normal person.
0 Replies

lowesick

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 07:39 am
@lili4783263,
Nope, he won't freak out.. he'll actually like the fact you are virgin, but just make sure, this is THE GUY, whom you want to give your virginity, if you have saved it for so many years???
0 Replies