ameriacans and english

nvidia1024

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 09:30 am
kitchenpete wrote:
urs - thanks. Embarrassed I admit I didn't speak more than a very little German when I was 14 and it helps that I'm currently in Zurich, so I've been hearing/speaking German the last few days...as far as hearing is concerned, the UGLIEST POSSIBLE form of German, of course - Schwyzerduetsch! Mad

MwH - unlike many chatrooms, this site (which we, in our vanity, consider to be a "discussion forum") is mainly used by adults. In fact, at 32, I feel like one of the younger people here. I don't know if that's actually the case but we don't get many teenagers!

Maybe it's that age showing but, on a2k, try a touch harder with the spelling and grammar, if you want us to take your comments and linguistic abilities seriously.

We don't usually gang up and criticise newcomers and welcome, despite what you've seen on this thread. Harsh language gets reserved for the massive American Liberal v Conservative slanging matches...with Kerry v Bush as the polarised choice for them, it'll be fun to follow!

So, even if I am old enough to be father, don't be patronised - react with more precise language. We don't give out Blue Peter badges for a muddle, even if you do put "aged 14" at the end of it, though!

Take care and don't give up.

KP

You said something about teenagers and being 14? well it seems though your quote you just wrote reads like a teenager itself, by the way, what does usa elections have to do with languages? not any... so please stick with the topic please. Thankyou. :wink:
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:12 am
nvidia1024,

I hope that you learn to accept that not all posts on this forum are a direct answer to the question posed, or you will be very frustrated, here.

Notwithstanding your unfounded and strangely-structured comments, welcome to a2k.

I just can't believe you registered to make that your first post...I suppose I should be honoured? Confused

KP
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:21 am
nvidia1024, welcome to A2K, and .... kitchenpete is right :wink:

(I suppose, you were honoured, perhaps knighted, Pete Laughing )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:31 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Does California also has its "own" accent? Just wondering

Many, many different accents. But yeah. Think Keanu Reeves for a flat "surfer" accent, or Kevin Costner.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:38 am
sozobe wrote:
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Does California also has its "own" accent? Just wondering

Many, many different accents.

I agree, just listen to the Beach Boys or Edd "Kookie" Byrnes (77 Sunset Strip) ...

(Obviously, there's a point of ethnic background to this, recalling c.i.'s accent at least :wink: )
0 Replies

nvidia1024

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:10 pm
im paranoid
i was getting paranoid lol, u guys are right.
i had to say something for my first time and it was really a practice post i really didnt mean it.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 05:15 am
No problem! Laughing
0 Replies