I know nobody cares, but.......

Thomas

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 09:47 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that I cannot, in good conscience, support Mitt Romney for president.

May I ask what you intend to do instead? Have you considered voting for a third party, or not voting at all?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 09:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I call em teabaggers because I have less than zero respect for them. And their failings and dangerous positions are mentioned all over a2k and other places, so I have no intention of wasting time writing about it here. I know you will take that as a copout, but it's futile to rerererererepeat this stuff as if nobody thought to mention it before.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 09:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's a pathetic dodge, which is disappointing.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 09:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I knew you would take it that way. You seem to think we ought to repeat it a million times if the opposition demands it that many times.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
I didn't demand anything.

I asked you for your opinion, not (like so many of your confreres) an academic treatise.

If you can't be bothered, fine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:02 pm
@Thomas,
It sounded to me as if mysteryman would vote for Obama, all things considered. Maybe I'm misrepresenting him. I get the quandaries..

What, Thomas, are you trying to get him to not vote at all?

Mysteryman has over time been pretty decisive. He'll say what he thinks.
Thomas

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:05 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
What, Thomas, are you trying to get him to not vote at all?

No, I'm simply interested where is mind is, given the alternatives available. As joefromchicago and JPB pointed out, Obama and Romney aren't the only candidates running.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:25 pm
@Thomas,
I didn't take it that way, but I am easily wrong.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 08:17 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

I have given this a lot of thought, and have studied this as much as possible.

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot, in good conscience, support Mitt Romney for president.
While I agree with a few of his beliefs, and while I disagree with most of his beliefs, I just can't reconcile his more idiotic statements with anything I believe.

This is not to say that I support Obama, it just means that I disagree with him less than I disagree with Romney.

So stop your bitching and whining about people jumping on Romney’s lies and bullshit, **** or get off the pot!
mysteryman

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 09:42 pm
@MMarciano,
Its obvious you have not read many of my posts, have you.
I have jumped on people that have lied about Obama also.

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:49 pm
@ossobuco,
I have been doing a lot of reading of various candidates positions, and have finally decided who I am going to support.

Gary Johnson, the former governor of New Mexico, and now the libertarian candidate for president, most closely matches my positions on the issues.

http://2012.libertarian-party.org/Johnson/Budget.php

So while I don't think he will win, he is who I am voting for.
roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:54 pm
@mysteryman,
Do that! No, he isn't going to win but he might grab some real credibility for 2016.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 01:59 pm
@mysteryman,
He matches me on the issues I know about re him, but that's not the whole picture. Roger avers I would be against him.. I haven't looked up all his viewpoints.

I like Jill Stein, she's definitely close to my views, according to that quiz some of us took.
But - Obama it is for me, for reasons previously explained by myself and others.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 02:00 pm
@MMarciano,
Quote:
So stop your bitching and whining about people jumping on Romney’s lies and bullshit, **** or get off the pot!
My golly Marc you seem angry
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 03:40 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
So while I don't think he will win, he is who I am voting for.

Glad you found someone you like. Good for you!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 04:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Aw, vote for him anyway.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 06:09 pm
@roger,
Nice try.
roger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 06:10 pm
@ossobuco,

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 06:38 pm
@mysteryman,
Yes! me too.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 06:59 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
and getting our troops back home from their expensive excursions in Afghanistan, Iraq and other conflict zones around the world.

I see you still don't much care if your candidate basically lies his ass off, MM.

He has some great ideas but what about,

... and getting our troops back home from the terrorist/crimes against humanity excursions in Afghanistan, Iraq and other conflict zones around the world. This will, of course, entail hauling all those responsible for these crimes before the appropriate judicial authorities. By doing this, we can hope to bring to an end our two centuries of criminal actions against most of the world's countries.

Wouldn't that really be somethin', MM?
0 Replies