Am I pregnant? desperate. please answer

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 05:38 am
Am I pregnant? I need answers. Sad?
Please don't judge, okay?
well last October 1st, I had sex for the first time. It lasted for less than 5minutes I guess. No more than 10. We were very stupid, yes i admit, to use the method where in we just pull off when he feels like he's about to.... We didn't use a condom, and i'm not on any pills so... Sad i'm not sure about the precum, but is it that transparent watery liquid? cause I MIGHT have seen some of that. He pulled out a few seconds before he blew. I'm really concerned because I'm not ready for pregnancy. And I have this iphone app where in i record my menstrual dates and last october 1st i was fertile and my ovulation was to be on the 3rd. On October 7th I had a light brownish discharge that isn't wet, but kind of sticky. And today, cotober 8, I have some again. I'm ashamed to say this but that night I masturbated >_____< so i'm wondering if it's just my "juices" mixed with blood from my past cycle or something entirely different. Also, my period starts on the 20th. Sad

During both times of "sex" the whole thing didn't go in. Maybe less than a half, 1/2 or 3/4 only? And Since I was a virgin, no blood came out on the first and second intercourse. So I think my hymen wasn't broken but i'm not sure what it really is.

And about these sticky brown stains, I've tried having these before a few months ago and it isn't anything new but I don't think I've had them for 2months now or something. I'm really concerned.

When can I take a pregnancy test if I had sex on october 1st and 2nd?
How can I determine how many weeks/months pregnant am I from the time I had intercourse?

Please help, I need a straightforward answer. Am I pregnant? Do you think so? honestly?

Oh and to make matters worse for me, I did have sex again on the 2nd, the day after I lost my virginity. It was still unprotected, but then he pulled out nowhere near the time he was going to ***. He just masturbated afterwards and that's how it came out. But i was already fully dressed.

djjd62

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 05:53 am
@itsmemikii,
itsmemikii wrote:
well last October 1st, I had sex for the first time.

you do know it only takes 9 months(on average) to have a baby right, i mean last October 1st is over a year ago
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:03 am
@itsmemikii,
Your dates don't line up. If your next period is due on the 20th then you wouldn't have been ovulating on the 3rd with a regular 28 day cycle. What was the first day of your last period? If you expected to ovulate on the 3rd that would put your start date around the 19th of September. If you're due to start on the 20th then that would put your last start date at the 22nd. Those three days make a big difference when it comes to determining if you were fertile on Oct 1st.

As to the brown discharge... it's normal to have a brown discharge during ovulation. Sometimes you don't completely shed the lining of the uterus during your period and if flushes during ovulation. If you had a brown discharge on Oct 7th and 8th then it's possible you are ovulating now, which is in line with starting your period around the 20th. If you're ovulating now then you weren't fertile on Oct 1st and any sperm that may have entered your uterus is long dead.

OTOH, depending on when you started your last period, it's also slightly possible that you were ovulating around the 3rd and the brown discharge is due to a fertilized egg implanting in your uterus.

Do you typically have a 28 day cycle? I'm trying to sort out the discrepancy between your app and your next expected start date of 10/20.
itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:09 am
@JPB,
My last period was on Sept 22-26. 5-6 days later I had sex (the detailed story above). Am i pregnant? I have an irregular cycle, by the way. So does the brown discharge mean nothing (like spotting or I. bleeding)? Because i've experienced these light stains before but i'm just concerned now.
JPB

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:22 am
@itsmemikii,
Ok, that makes more sense. If your last start date was 9/22 then it's likely that you ovulated over the weekend and it's very unlikely that there were any viable sperm remaining from a 10/1 sex act. There's no way to be sure until you a) start your period or b) take a pregnancy test in a couple weeks. Don't take a pregnancy test now - it's too early. Also, don't stress yourself out to the point where you start having other signs of being pregnant and/or delay the start of your next period. Stress can cause all sorts of pregnancy-like symptoms.

And, obviously, the most important thing of all is to STOP having unprotected sex!
itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:29 am
@JPB,
So in your opinion, your saying that I'm not pregnant, but I have to wait for my next menstruation to be sure, right? Thanks by the way, your answers were very VERY helpful. Very Happy

so does everything you told me apply to me even if i have an irregular cycle?
0 Replies

itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:30 am
@JPB,
Also, what makes me possibly pregnant? Is it the precum? But he said that he urinated that morning and didn't masturbate at all until the intercourse. I'm not even sure if there was precum.
0 Replies

itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:33 am
@JPB,
Is it too early to go see a doctor for this? Will she/he be able to determine this early? Sad i'm really worried it's stressing me out!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:40 am
You can have a blood test at a doctor. It will take another 10 days to 2 weeks for a urine test to be definitive.

I don't think you're pregnant. There's a slight risk of pregnancy from pre-cum. There's a slight risk that you were fertile at the time. Slight risk times slight risk = probably not pregnant, but it's possible. It doesn't matter if he urinated or masturbated before the act, the pre-ejaculate contains some sperm and they're viable sperm.

Based on your last menstrual start date of 9/22 I think it's more likely that you ovulated on the 6th or 7th and the spotting you're seeing is due to ovulation. That's the best I can do from a crystal ball standpoint. If you're really worried then you can get a blood test.
itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:45 am
@JPB,
When do the earliest symptoms come?
I hope you're right about not being pregnant. Does constantly thinking about it cause stress? And I usually experience this staining, but last month i didn't have any light brown stains.
itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:55 am
@JPB,
My guy says he didn't have any precum (which i find hard to believe)
is that even possible? I'm sorry with all these questions. I'm not really getting anywhere Sad
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 06:55 am
@itsmemikii,
I'm not going to list the symptoms because constantly thinking about them will bring them on Smile

I know it's hard to do but RELAX!!!! Breathe and then breathe again. You've just discovered that no matter who your partner is you're the only one of the twosome who can become pregnant. It's an important lesson to learn. I don't think you're pregnant. It sounds like you're having a normal cycle. If you ovulated this past weekend then there are no surviving sperm from an October 1st sex act. If you think about it constantly you'll not only start to imagine pregnancy-like symptoms you'll end up being late for your period which, of course, brings on more stress and more pregnancy-like symptoms.

Go to a doctor or Planned Parenthood and get some birth control. Don't depend on your partner to keep you from getting pregnant. Sex should be enjoyable and wonderful for both of you, but don't ever forget which one of you carries the risk of pregnancy.
itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 07:36 am
@JPB,
i've asked some of my friends if they've tried these light brown stains some have some haven't. Are we different? And are you sure this could mean ovulating? this light brown stain, it's sticky and when it dries up it's hard. am i ovulating? i innocently asked my mom about it, she said i could possibly because when i ovulate it's in between. and basing from my last period (start sept22) and my next period (oct20) i'm guessing it's somewhere in the middle. are my chances slim in getting pregnant? 50/50? please:( tell me.
itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 07:38 am
@itsmemikii,
and how about the october 2 sex act??
JPB

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 08:23 am
@itsmemikii,
Yes, different people are different and, yes, I'm sure brown staining can mean ovulating.

Here's how the timing works for a normal 28 day cycle. You start your period on day 1 (9/22 in your case). You ovulate on or around day 14 (10/6 for you). If there is a viable sperm swimming around at the time of ovulation (sperm can live for up to five days but mostly die off within 3 days, so 10/1 - 10/3 in your case), OR you have sex within 24 hours of ovulation (this past weekend) then you can get pregnant. Your egg is only receptive to impregnation for about 24 hours. In order to get pregnant it has to meet a viable sperm either from a prior sex act or one concurrent with ovulation.

Chances are good that there were no viable sperm near your newly released egg if you ovulated this weekend. Chances are good that there were very few sperm to begin with from his pre-ejaculate and if there were any they were most likely dead by this weekend. I don't think you're pregnant but only time will tell for sure.
JPB

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 08:29 am
@itsmemikii,
Quote:
On October 7th I had a light brownish discharge that isn't wet, but kind of sticky. And today, cotober 8, I have some again.

This is consistent with ovulation. Your discharge is slightly thicker when you're fertile so that the sperm swims upward toward your newly released egg. It can be brownish or reddish if you didn't completely flush the uterine walls during your previous cycle.

Quote:
I'm ashamed to say this but that night I masturbated >_____< so i'm wondering if it's just my "juices" mixed with blood from my past cycle or something entirely different. Also, my period starts on the 20th.

I have no idea why you're ashamed to masturbate. What it tells me is that your partner was able to complete his sex act with you but then you were left unsatisfied. Get a different partner or teach him how to satisfy you. AFTER you get some birth control, that is.
itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 11:04 pm
@JPB,
I've noticed this light brown stain comes out when I'm active or moving. But when i sleep at night, nothig comes out. Is this still a sign of ovulation? And how long does these light brown stains usually last? Mine started on the 7th and now it's the 9th amd there are still some stains Sad sorry for all the questions.
itsmemikii

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 11:07 pm
@JPB,
I only had sex on the 2nd and 1st, none on the weekend. And are there any chances to ovulate like 5days after the last day of your period or does it actually take time like 14 or more days?
JPB

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 05:41 am
@itsmemikii,
It can last for up to a week.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 05:47 am
@itsmemikii,
Biological beings don't always follow textbooks so when you say, "Is there any chance...", yes there's always a chance, but it's slight. The fact that you're showing signs of ovulation two weeks after the start of your last period probably means that you ovulated this past weekend. You asked me for an estimate on the likelihood of you being pregnant. I'd put it at less than 5% chance. But, again, that's only a guess based on norms. Have you made an appointment with Planned Parenthood or your doctor for some birth control yet?