Sex with a guy i just met???

Below viewing threshold (view)
Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 03:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Looking to see where the irony emoticon is?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 03:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
pre internet most talk like the talk you see here took place between very few people from mostly the same area (or cost individuals to travel and meet up), me thinks thou doth protest too much

if you think the world needs to hear your message, rent some airtime
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
The part where you claim it's "impossible to find" is clearly false on its face when you consider that a dunce of your caliber is able to with such regularity. There is absolutely nothing making the topic harder to find here, it just has 4 letters next to the tags on the topic grid that you have your panties in a twist over.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
Last time you made those claims you had to admit a couple months later that none of your fears really materialized. But hey I hear ya, leave the whole learning from your own mistakes gig to the wise men.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
he facilitates folks who want to see what they want to see, he's not forcing them, and even if you see the default setting of preferences as part of robert's evil plan, it's actually on the head of the member to understand the product they are consuming

your real argument is with the membership, not the administrators
Rockhead

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:13 pm
@djjd62,
hey, this hot coffee burned me.

I'm going to sue you now...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The cat thread is what all of A2K is going to be soon.

It's all part of Robert's master plan to make Setanta leave A2K voluntarily.

Rockhead

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:17 pm
@ehBeth,
<snort>
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
So are you claiming that you are not in fact auto collasping these threads?

even if he is, anyone can uncollapse anything they want, if they don't know how, it's not anyone's fault but their own, they should learn how to use the board

aren't you the guy who's all about personal responsibility
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
So are you claiming that you are not in fact auto collasping these threads?

Yes, you can see for yourself. The only difference is that there is a NSFW next to the tags. That is all. People can see that and choose not to click or not. This is what you are whining about. 4 letters next to the tags that you claim now make it "impossible" (how ******* stupid are you, really?) to find them. We are, however, auto collapsing posts that are marked this way as there really is no interim selection stage members have on a thread for whether or not to read a post (and this also lets the topics not have to be marked just due to one post) but you can turn that off in your preferences or expand them at a click.

(Cue hawkeye changing his argument to being about how it was posts all along that he was defending in 5, 4, 3...)

Quote:
Of course you are,

Now who's the liar?

Quote:
and you will continue to intensify your effort to bury content that has been objected to till A2K becomes like everywhere else, a place where conformity has run over free will and free speech. ?

Then hurry up and find that bastion of freedom you are looking for. Don't let the doorknob hit your ass on the way out.

I've already told you years ago this is how it is going to be and all your whining isn't going to change it. If you really think it's that bad then **** off and find a happier place for yourself. The reality is this is your only gig and no matter where you go this is what you will do.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 04:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
So far the effect has been to draw much more attention to the threads. The NSFW flag is red just like the NEW flag and draws attention to the topics due to its novelty.

But surely, surely the intense redness of the 4 letters is what Hawkeye refers to when he describes these topics, thusly marked, as being rendered "impossible" (yet repeatedly sometimes possible) to find.

Personally, I think he's just really daft and everyone else is gonna be just fine.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 06:42 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Robert the major posters such as Hawkeye are a tiny fraction of the users here and they are the ones however giving you free content by the megabyte day in and day out that bring the traffic in to your website and in so doing is putting adv $$$$ in your pocket

I must be missing something because I've never seen any advertising here. I just searched around and I can't find it - where is it?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 06:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
This man has devised, with help he notes, a website that lets ideas flow, with the assumption he can trust the world of us to counter ideas, however rambunctiously or spottily or stupidly. At the same time, he is working to give readers control of their content.

Your calling him a liar shows your infantile take as a businessman, even if you weren't a businessman dreaming.

He doesn't need defense.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 03:21 am
So, if what Chicken Little claims is true, he will soon depart, never to return, as the site fades into senescence as a result of RG's restrictions on free speech, right? Can't happen soon enough for me.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 06:31 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
The cat thread is what all of A2K is going to be soon.

It's all part of Robert's master plan to make Setanta leave A2K voluntarily.

Not that there's anything at all wrong with that (either!) Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 07:34 am
so what's the problem with a2k becoming all cute cat threads? certainly more entertaining than becoming all-hawkeye threads, or any-hawkeye threads, for that matter.
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 11:31 am
@MontereyJack,
A2k won't become all cat threads, Hawkeye started spouting his bullshit and when called on it slinks off as per usual (now it's truly "impossible" for him to find his way back).

He won't learn from it though, and is a very useful foil (his ridiculous overreactions tend to sell people on the opposite viewpoint than his).