Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 03:39 pm
margo wrote:
Jeez - you trying to get me banned (again)~! - doggy?! Evil or Very Mad

Durn possom kitty . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 06:36 am
In a move that struck terror to the hearts of thousands, Australian Prime Minister, and terminal bore, John Howard, has threatened to bring more tribulation to the already beset leaders of the USA and Great Britain.

Arnie, however, deserves everything he gets...

Howard to visit Bush, Blair and Arnie

01jun04
PRIME Minister John Howard leaves today for a three-nation trip headlined by Iraq and 60th anniversary commemorations of D-Day.

Mr Howard will meet US President George W. Bush, British Prime Minister Tony Blair and California Governor and movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger.

His first stop is in Los Angeles tomorrow to lobby Mr Schwarzenegger over a multibillion-dollar gas deal.

BHP Billiton wants to put a terminal off the Californian coast, linking into the state's gas network and delivering about $15 billion in export earnings to Australia.

On Friday, Mr Howard will meet Mr Bush for talks on Iraq.

Mr Howard and Mr Bush also will discuss the free-trade deal between the two countries and the detention and trials of the two Australians at Guantanomo Bay, David Hicks and Mamdouh Habib.

On Saturday, Mr Howard will have a working lunch with Mr Blair, with Iraq the dominant issue.

In France, he will attend anniversary commemorations of the Allied invasion at Normandy on June 6, 1944.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:35 am
Today, Australia welcomed the leder of Thailand, who seemed a charming fella.

As ever, we did so by threatening to shoot him with very big guns, and yet not doing so.

Nineteen times.

I believe we threatened to shooot the American president, on his recent visit, with 21 of them. Perhaps he was a more agile target?

What is WITH these gun salute things? Are they a way of showing muscle?

"You made it onshore, but we could have stopped you, you know. Don't get any ideas."

This makes sense - as the more important - and I suppose more potentially warlike the leader is - the more often we don't shoot them. But we COULD. We can make big bangs.

As if trying to shoot the poor leader wasn't enough, we then make them look at a whole lot of soldiers armed to the teeth, and standing so rigidly to attention they look as though their testicles (if present) are going to come out of their ears.

If they are really lucky, some poor young soldier will fain ton them.

I mean what are they going to do when they inspect? Tell 'em their boots aren't shiny enough?

Also - could not a malevolently inclined head of state take a gun and shoot our leader?

What is the point of attempting to terrify them, then giving them access to weapons?

Diplomacy is a thing I do not understand....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 08:21 am
history of gun salutes
Australia gun salute receptions:

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:8D9xunwRAhUJ:www.defence.gov.au/afg/History.htm+history+of+why+gun+salutes+to+welcome+heads+of+state&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

US gun salute receptions:

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:62kbzju_qoMJ:www.mdw.army.mil/FS-G07.HTM+why+gun+salutes+to+welcome+heads+of+state&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 01:38 am
Who cares about the ****** south Aussies? Stoner Wabbit, I'm also from SA and there are quite a few folks here that I would readily kill, without feeling any of that sentamentalist guilt or anger crap.

Even if they all the fatalities from that stupid bloody war came from Australians who chose to fight (especially SA) I wouldn't care. The innocent Iraqis shouldn't be killed, the soldiers (and tourists) knew about th risks when they got there.

I'd accept this whole post as a waggery urban legend but, as it happens, it's way too boring for that.
0 Replies