Why am I curvy like a girl?

Josi

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 02:38 am
@engineer,
I'm not completely sure either what my issue is. I'm trying to figure it out.
0 Replies

Josi

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 02:55 am
@engineer,
Yes maybe.
0 Replies

Josi

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 02:57 am
@ehBeth,
Oops... Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 03:13 am
I'm getting rude, as you put it, because your whole demeanor is ruede. This is not the first time you've tried to run this game on the people at this site. When i brought up the image you were using, you said it didn't matter. Then you went off to change the image, and now you want us to look at that image to judge. As it happens, you could have the small boobs which were viviable in the first image and they would not be visisble in the second image due to the pose.

Maybe i am being rude, but playing head games with people for some bizarre reason of personal vanity is rude, too.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 04:48 am
@Josi,
If I could wave a magic wand and turn you into a 100% attractive guy or a 100% attractive girl - which would you pick to be?
Josi

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:01 am
@Green Witch,
That is another problem. What to say?
Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:05 am
@Josi,
Only you can answer that, but the reality is, in this modern world, you can probably pick one to be.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:52 am
@Josi,
That seems to be pretty central. Figure that out and go from there.

(If you'd prefer to be a girl, then advice is different than if you'd prefer to be a boy.)
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 06:48 am
@Josi,
From what you've said so far, I gather:
- You are a biological guy who is very slight in stature, short and slim.
- You are not certain of your gender identity, but you currently tend to dress as a girl or unisex.
- Physically, you can pass either way. You may see yourself as "curvy", but from my earlier post, you aren't really outside male normal and I think you could pass as a small but otherwise normal guy if you choose to. Likewise, you are small enough that you could pass as female and it seems you are currently doing so.
- While you say you really aren't sure which way you want to go, it really looks to me like you have a preference, but maybe other people don't accept that and that is causing you issues. Is that the case?

From this, I have two inputs. First, while there are some people here who have been a bit rough on you, there are a number of regulars here who are willing to give you input, but you need to be a little more forthcoming. What's really going on with you? Second, are you asking us why you are this way? If so, biology is a wild thing and humans span a large range. Whatever your situation, it is the way you are. There is no doubt that lives are easier or harder because of biology, but you are who you are and there is no need to be ashamed of it. Figure out who you want to be and then chart a path to get there.

You also mention medical testing. How is your relationship with your parents going? Are they supporting you in this or is there some friction? Who is driving the medical attention?
Josi

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:52 am
@engineer,
A lot of new stuff has come up lately, so I'll think before I answer.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:33 am
@Josi,
Josi,

Before you start getting confused if you were born in the wrong gender.

I'd like you to read up on this and tell us what you think...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4331232&page=1

Quote:
Every year almost 14,000 men go under the knife to correct a condition known as gynecomastia: unwanted breast tissue commonly referred to as "man breasts."

"It is much more common than you could imagine. Probably 40 to 50 percent of all men have some degree of gynecomastia," said Dr. Elliot Jacobs, a plastic surgeon in New York.

The majority of corrective surgeries are done on males between the ages of 13 and 19.

"There is a surge of hormones in puberty and we believe there is an imbalance of those hormones" that causes it, Jacobs said.

Jacobs said that the social and emotional stigma associated with the condition hinders adolescent boys at a critical time, sometimes even driving them to desperation and depression.

"These are children who are going through such changes that they are afraid to tell their parents, and oftentimes they'll just suffer in silence. … I've seen some boys bind themselves every day with Ace bandages to hide it and to compress it," Jacobs said.

One Teen's Struggle
At 16 years old, Scott Matroo had lived with gynecomastia for six years. Recently, he decided to undergo surgery to remove the unwanted tissue on his chest.

"I decided to have the surgery because it's tough living with it. It puts me down sometimes, you know, well, a lot of the time," he said.

"If I had the same condition, I know that I'd want to have the surgery. … I know that he wants to get it done and he'll do anything for it," said Matroo's friend, Spenser Siwik.

"I just don't feel normal with it. I can't be like a lot of the other guys in my school. I can't really take off my shirt off when we're supposed to change for gym. …What I do is I put my gym shirt underneath, what I'm gonna wear for school. That way I just take off my shirt on top," Matroo said.

Good Idea?
Some pediatricians believe that opting for surgery is a rash decision.

"If you go to the average pediatrician, they'll pat them on the shoulder and say, wait it out, it will go away, and it doesn't," said Jacobs.

Matroo agreed. "Waiting it out definitely didn't work because it just got worse," he said.

Doctors said no amount of exercise, no amount of dieting, can alleviate the problem.

"Looking at him every day, you know, he's depressed about it a lot. You would see the sadness on his face. … So I, we just decided, you know what, we can't let him go through this," said his mother, Sadnai Persaud.

0 Replies

Enzo

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 03:04 am
@Josi,
I suspect the use of anabolic steroids, and not working out. Which would likely explain all the undesirable sides that you are complaining about and none of the benefits. Not entirely sure on my conjecture though.
0 Replies