Can a person's body type look different in pictures than what it really looks like in real life?

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 07:20 pm
So a lot of people say that bodies look the same in pictures than what they look like in real life, other say in pictures they look different than what they actually look like in real life, do you think this is true?

And what is the best way to see a person’s real figure, live and upfront or in pictures? or will it just look exactly the same in both.

To be more specific, the reason I ask this, is because it made me so confused and at the same time curious, the fact that my brother was talking to me about an attractive girl he knows from college, stating that she has, what he would say a “sexy body“ or “ curvy figure” with wide hips etc, so he asked me what I thought of her physically speaking, so he showed me pictures of her in different angles, and I just did not see a curvy body in the pictures, what I saw was more like a straight or rectangle body type, athletic.

So it got me confused and thinking on why I see these pictures any different than him, because he made a big emphasis in her having a curvy body, I just personally did not see it, and trust me, I have studied body shapes before in a college class, but since he knows her in person maybe she looks different from the pictures that he showed me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,991 • Replies: 7

roger

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 07:53 pm
@Lizeth19,
Don't know, but if you like someone, they often look better than otherwise.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 08:03 pm
How old are the pictures? Could be a weight gain or loss, something like that.
Lizeth19

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 08:06 pm
@jespah,
Well he showed me from instagram, they’re recent, I could tell by the date,
Maybe I’m going to much by definition of what a curvy body is and the way her body is shaped is curvy to him, who knows!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 03:38 pm
@Lizeth19,
Pictures can be photoshopped to ****.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 04:00 am
@Lizeth19,
There may be an explanation for a person’s differing (seeming weight gain) appearance due to a photo being made using a wide angle lens. When using a wide angle the figure will appear to be taller and wider than in real life due to optical distortion. The wide angle is commonly used lens and many phones use it as their ‘normal lens’ in order to capture more scenery.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 07:38 am
Then again, each person has a different concept of body types. I have noticed that when I lose weight, the people that I know seem heavier to me. And vice-versa.
0 Replies

Teufel

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 06:10 am
@Lizeth19,
In the past I took many, many pictures of models at a professional level ....
1) A video adds around 1/2 stone minimum to a person ... so pictures taken from video are prone to making people look bigger than they may appear in physical life
2) A still picture is all about camera angle, lighting and the general composition ... Any photographer with any skill can make the obese look thinner, the bald look like they have more hair, the thin look obese, the tall look short and vice versa.

Ergo, you cannot trust a picture to be anything ... it is just what it is.

However that does not mean if one sees the subject, be it a person, animal, car or building etc. in physical life, that it will look anything like the picture you have seen.
0 Replies