Be a rebel. Wear odd socks Wink
ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 01:50 pm
@Tai Chi,
I do. Every Sunday.
margo

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 02:10 pm
@ehBeth,
It's some sort of religious experience, then, is it?
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 02:11 pm
Why do socks disappear?

The dust bunnies under the bed eat them of course.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 02:16 pm
@margo,
Laughing

wouldn't you pray to get the mates to these guys back?

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/43167/2582017160098509452S425x425Q85.jpg
margo

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 02:23 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm afraid my faith is not sufficient. I've abandoned all hope of finding errant socks Crying or Very sad
ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 02:49 pm
@margo,
Margo, don't give up!

Soz seems to have found one of my blue ones on the other thread, mebbe she has one of yours as well?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:34 am
Clearly, they don't.

Not-with-standing arguments of multi-dimensional portals contained within your washer/dryer, they reside somewhere in your home.

Chances are petty good you will find them:

*Behind the dryer
*Rolled up with a mismatched sock
*Mysteriously residing within the sock drawer of another member of your household.

Buzz-kill, I know, but this is a frivilous metaphysical topic and deserves no more.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 03:56 pm
I found a good solution for unmatched sox. I take them on my travels, and throw them out after one wear.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 12:07 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Clearly, they don't.

Not-with-standing arguments of multi-dimensional portals contained within your washer/dryer, they reside somewhere in your home.

Chances are petty good you will find them:

*Behind the dryer
*Rolled up with a mismatched sock
*Mysteriously residing within the sock drawer of another member of your household.

Buzz-kill, I know, but this is a frivilous metaphysical topic and deserves no more.

Wow --- that's pretty crabby of me.

I must of had a residue of negative reaction to some jamoke telling us that Obama was the Messiah.
0 Replies

Josie Foles

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 06:42 pm
I find this topic selfish and inhuman. How dare you consider your own needs and not the emotional trauma you cause your socks every day? When you treat the sock as if it has no will of its own, of course it will have incentive to escape. You are treating your socks entirely unethically, from the mandatory group baths to completely non-consensual penetration by the foot. I am calling for all of you to stand up for what is right and free your socks.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 08:53 pm
@Josie Foles,
You've convinced me, Josie. I'd probably start going barefoot tomorrow ... if it weren't for the fact that it's 16 degrees outside. Hell, I'm moving to Hawaii where one wears socks only on very special occasions.
dadpad

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 10:14 pm
Sorry josie but socks are a different class of existance. They neither deserve nor appreciate autonomy. Ever notice how when you do find that one lost sock it will often be cowering in a corner or under a bed too frightened to move? Notice how folorn and sad it looks all on it lonesome.
A well trained pair of socks is happy to complete the task it was born to do. I reccomend a good stomping for those rougeish and uppity socks that think they deserve better.
Spare the rod spoil the sock, I've always said.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 04:33 am
@Josie Foles,
Josie Foles wrote:

I find this topic selfish and inhuman. How dare you consider your own needs and not the emotional trauma you cause your socks every day? When you treat the sock as if it has no will of its own, of course it will have incentive to escape. You are treating your socks entirely unethically, from the mandatory group baths to completely non-consensual penetration by the foot. I am calling for all of you to stand up for what is right and free your socks.

Apparently, your words have been heard, Josie! Thousands of socks up and abandoned their shoes on the side of the expressway in Florida.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20090102/odd-expressway-shoes/images/e682d0ee-c0e0-404e-809a-65eb026a2136.jpg

Rumor has it that they were miffed when their owners shipped them off to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue with their shoes. They all hitched a ride to Florida and abandoned ship once there.
0 Replies

Josie Foles

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 04:32 pm
@dadpad,
You are a disgusting human being. Your socks cower and look forlorn because you have FOUND it, not because it escaped in the first place. You are physically and emotionally abusing your socks.

to Butrflynet:
I am glad the movement is finally underway. For too long has this holocaust gone unchecked.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 02:39 pm
We're on the 19th day of a 26-day cruise, and I've already lost one side of a pair. They just disappear...
hamburger

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 04:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
c.i. will probably in his bare feet when he arrives back home - let's send him some socks .
hbg
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 07:27 pm
@hamburger,
What's he need socks for on a cruise ship???
George

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 07:29 pm
@Merry Andrew,
To wear with his sandals.
0 Replies