JLNobody

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:03 pm
That sounds right.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 10:06 pm
Expensive socks split and disappear more quickly than inexpensive ones.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 06:31 am
I once had a new pair of socks,
They came in a bright ribboned box,
They had trouble and strife
Till one pulled out a knife
And slaughtered it's mate like an ox.
0 Replies

always dreaming

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:50 pm
i have no trouble with socks...

i just put 2 on and if they happen to match kewl if not whos gunna kno?
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 02:35 am
because they don't want to be paired, they want the freedom to choose which days they are worn, as individuals, not as matching socks. They wan't to be seen as " a sock which has green and yellow stripes, and a hole" not " the holey striped sock". Please respect their rights to be worn as they will, on the days they feel like it.

That, or the sock stealing gnomes stole them.

socks socks socks socks socks socks socks socks

way to go, dreaming, not many people understand that. I wore matching socks last tuesday, first time in a month or so and i don't inttend to make a habit of it.
neonite

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 05:31 am
wanted renagade sock
[QUOTE][CODE]

wanted renegade socks last seen running in the direction of my bottom draw a thorough search has found nothing we have checked several leads and as yet have only found dogs Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 06:10 am
Cartoon in this week's New Yorker: woman opening dryer, laundry basket in one hand. A note tumbles out. It says WE HAVE YOUR SOCK.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 12:05 am
because socks were meant to be odd.
0 Replies

val

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 03:06 am
Odd Socks

I made a quick research, and I found some answers:

Aristotle: socks disappear because it is in their nature to disappear.
Plato: who cares about socks? Only matters the pure idea of SOCKINESS!
Zeno: the sock does not disappear. It tries to go to its pair. But first it must walk 1/2 of the distance, then 1/4, then 1/8. It is still on it.
Berkeley: socks? No, you are talking about the tissue sensation in your feet. You lost that sensation. Go see a doctor.
Kant: socks don't disappear. Disappear is metaphysics. It supposes a non-place where socks go after disappear. That is against experience, so, you cannot conceive the disappearance of socks.
Marx: they are made that way, in order to force you to buy another pair of socks. But, when communism arises everyone will have a pair of socks according to their needs. But the Party will choose the colour.
Nietzsche: what matters is that ancient greeks went barefoot. They followed their instincts. And don't forget the whip.
Heidegger: socks are things-in-there. Loo-king for socks is the way to un-cover the Being. Feel the stones and the grass in your feet-to-be-bare.
Sartre: freedom. Socks were forced to act as socks. Not to be what they are. They were alienated in a function of being socks. And in the end is death.
JL Nobody: socks are a delusion. Feel the totality! Meditate.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 12:30 pm
If both socks of the same pair disappear, does anyone notice?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 12:39 pm
Yes, if they were expensive or particularly charming socks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 12:41 pm
Much double sock loss occurs in sequence. One sock is lost for a long time, and the other is thrown out in despair of finding it.

Soon after this, the first sock will show up.
0 Replies

Aphrodisia

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 11:44 pm
The lost sock problem has plauged me for a long time now. After long debate, I came up with two options; move some place warm that affords me the luxury of going sans socks, or, keep buying new ones.

I still live in Michigan.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 11:57 pm
There you go. Sans socks, the real solution.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 03:07 am
...steady there....you surely don't mean that you are going to let the socks WIN ? Shocked
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 03:44 am
Egad! I had never noticed this: socks disappearing in pairs, rather than singly. Probably explains why, after a period of time, I seem to run short on socks and have to buy a few new pairs. It's insidious, I tell you, insidious!
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 09:09 am
val wrote:
Sartre: freedom. Socks were forced to act as socks. Not to be what they are. They were alienated in a function of being socks. And in the end is death.
quote]

The truth, in so far as it exists.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 09:17 am
Aphrodisia wrote:
The lost sock problem has plauged me for a long time now. After long debate, I came up with two options; move some place warm that affords me the luxury of going sans socks, or, keep buying new ones.

I still live in Michigan.

one other possibility that you might try, is to 'paint' (or have painted - i can see a whole new career opening up here!) socks onto your feet, with indelible ink/paint/etc.

[then if these disappear, you know you really have problems!!!]
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 11:09 am
ossobuco wrote:
Much double sock loss occurs in sequence. One sock is lost for a long time, and the other is thrown out in despair of finding it.

Yeah i used to always wonder how i lost sox. Eventually i ran out of excuses, blaiming the cleaning lady for stealing them or the dryer for insinerating them.

What i decided was that anything that comes in pairs you lose. Gloves is another example i always buy a new pair of snow gloves every year. Because you can't keep the sox or gloves together you lose track of one and forget about the other. A genious idea would be something like velcro to keep these items together or have sox when heated up stick together so you don't lose em they just come out as a big ball. If i wasn't so lazy and poor id attempt this and make tons of money.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 11:09 am
ossobuco wrote:

Yeah i used to always wonder how i lost sox. Eventually i ran out of excuses, blaiming the cleaning lady for stealing them or the dryer for insinerating them.

What i decided was that anything that comes in pairs you lose. Gloves is another example i always buy a new pair of snow gloves every year. Because you can't keep the sox or gloves together you lose track of one and forget about the other. A genious idea would be something like velcro to keep these items together or have sox when heated up stick together so you don't lose em they just come out as a big ball. If i wasn't so lazy and poor id attempt this and make tons of money.
0 Replies