Viability of foreverness

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:00 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Not distinguishing between the concept of matter and concept of substance or between void as space and nothingness in absolute is a perfect example of expected petulant metaphysical illiteracy, not to mention an unbearable aggression to any sensible intellect...
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:02 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
You are a really dumb Jack aren't you Frank ? not only profoundly ignorant on almost every subject but incapable of a straight thought or two lines of coherent reasoning...you do as all a favour and resume your ignorance to yourself or go get some reading, you badly need it, old fool !

Fil...is something wrong? Got bed bugs or what? I'm not dumb, Fil...I hold my own in most arguments and discussions.

By the way, what does "you do as all a favour and resume your ignorance to yourself or go get some reading" mean in English.

Quote:
For any subject we can debate an infinite amount of propositions can be made ad nausea the fundamental distinction being we should give consideration to those to which good reason or justification was or is presented...so far Frank your possibility's have been lacking of any justification as you don't even bother to support your poor guess work...

Anything in particular to which you are making reference here, Fil? What are the "good reasons and justifications"...and which are the ones I have made that you do not especially like?

Quote:
Limited as your reasoning is the level down weapon of election of your wording arsenal inevitably ends with an how do you know that... a dreadful and pathetic reboot on any debate forming up...you confuse lack of certainty with lack of justification or lack of good reason and thus tend to equate your breathtaking ignorance with others lack of absolute certainty...let me just tell you that you don't make enough up for a neat trick of words mon cher ami !

Ahhh...you don't like questions. Why is that, Fil?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:03 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Not distinguishing between matter and substance or between void and nothingness is a perfect example of expected petulant metaphysical illiteracy, not to mention an unbearable aggression to any sensible intellect...

Then don't do it!
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Anything in particular to which you are making reference here, Fil? What are the "good reasons and justifications"...and which are the ones I have made that you do not especially like?

Do some reading on basic logic !
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Do what eh ???
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:30 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I have a degree in Philosophy...including logic. I've read plenty.

Why don't you answer the question?

Can't think of anything?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:31 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Do what eh ???

Do what you were complaining about.

Jeez...gotta explain everything to you. Wink
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So what ? you want me to tell you on how many pos degree thesis I worked on and helped for finishing philosophy students ?...even for masters for that matter ...oh dear, what does that is supposed to mean for a start ? If you have the formal education and you know what I am talking about you are just being a bully aren't you ?
JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:12 pm
@dalehileman,
I am not able to grasp the meaning of INFINITE. Can anyone understand it to mean anything other than "the opposite of finite"? A perfect example of the problem of dualism.
JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I prefer not to THINK about Reality; I prefer just to be and experience it (without the slightest effort to understand it, i.e. to grasp it intellectually.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:18 pm
Well not to rush upon you but I think we grasp the meaning I just think we don't grasp the extension...for that matter we don't need eternity to get eternity, we just need duration and a moment...
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
By noting the fact that there haven't been any sightings of fresh stellar fuel being created out of nothingness.

There have been absolutely no sightings of sentient beings on any of the planets circling the nearest 10 stars to Sol. Are you going to say that is evidence that there are no sentient beings on any of those planets?

Astrophysical phenomena capable of providing the stars with a brand new supply of fuel out of nothingness would be a lot easier to detect than a civilization.

That said, if there were a civilization (or even a habitable planet) that close to us, we'd likely have detected it by now, so chances are good that the nearest stars are barren.

Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
The only fuel the stars have to burn, is what already exists for them to burn.

How the hell do you know that?

Because the universe would look entirely different if some phenomena were producing a fresh supply of fuel out of nothingness.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Why do you keep making statements like that?

Because it's true.

Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
By noting the fact that there is only a finite amount of fuel for stars.

A finite supply, no matter how vast, will still one day run out.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW THAT??????????????????????

How do you know that there is not an infinite amount of fuel for stars...and that it will NEVER run out?

If there were an infinite supply of fuel, it would be pretty crowded right now. The entire universe would have to be packed full of stellar fuel with infinite density.

Such an occurrence (infinite density) would cause the entire universe to immediately collapse into a black hole.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:28 pm
@oralloy,
..How would a non local event provoke whatever in our region of the Universe ?
oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:33 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:
What about stellar nurseries?

Those are already-existing fuel. They are a finite supply that will one day be exhausted.

It will take a very very long time to use up all the fuel. But when thinking of time in terms of "forever," the day will eventually come.

Cyracuz wrote:
And what about black holes? Some believe that whatever is swallowed by a black hole emerges somewhere else.

No. Whatever is swallowed by a black hole is radiated as Hawking radiation.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Oralloy, my last two posts to you got heated. You are due more respect...and I apologize. These things happen.

That's OK. This is a refreshing change from politics.

Frank Apisa wrote:
In any case, I should not have been asking you how you know the supply of fuel is finite, because it is obvious you do not know. Nobody does.

No. That is a known fact. If there were infinite fuel for the stars, it would crowd us out with infinite density (and then collapse the entire universe into a black hole).

Frank Apisa wrote:
The universe MAY BE infinite...not finite.

The universe IS infinite. The pattern of the cosmic microwave background radiation shows that.
oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:43 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
The intuitional absurdity of infinite numbers of simultaneous absolutely identical galaxies incidentally might be put to rest by assuming a finite Universe, and so I lean that way

The pattern of the cosmic microwave background radiation strongly indicates that the universe is infinite in volume.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:46 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
So what ? you want me to tell you on how many pos degree thesis I worked on and helped for finishing philosophy students ?...even for masters for that matter ...oh dear, what does that is supposed to mean for a start ? If you have the formal education and you know what I am talking about you are just being a bully aren't you ?

No...I am not being a bully. And I am not being unnecessarily rude or judgmental.

How about you?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:53 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The universe IS infinite. The pattern of the cosmic microwave background radiation shows that.

Oralloy...every indication is that you do not know if the universe is infinite or finite...and neither does anyone else.

It really is inappropriate to throw around things like, "The universe IS infinite. The pattern of the cosmic microwave background radiation shows that." We are nowhere near informed enough about REALITY to be able to say such things with the authority you have used. To be honest, it sounds like a "scientist" of yesterday talking about the mechanics of the movement of the sun around the Earth.
oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 07:45 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
..How would a non local event provoke whatever in our region of the Universe ?

By sending gauge bosons toward us at the speed of light.
oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 07:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Oralloy...every indication is that you do not know if the universe is infinite or finite...and neither does anyone else.

No. The pattern in the cosmic microwave background radiation strongly indicates that the universe is infinite.

Frank Apisa wrote:
It really is inappropriate to throw around things like, "The universe IS infinite. The pattern of the cosmic microwave background radiation shows that."

That is what the pattern of the cosmic microwave background radiation indicates.

Frank Apisa wrote:
We are nowhere near informed enough about REALITY to be able to say such things with the authority you have used. To be honest, it sounds like a "scientist" of yesterday talking about the mechanics of the movement of the sun around the Earth.

We have taken high resolution images of the cosmic microwave background radiation.