19
   

Will you be getting a flu vaccine this coming season?

 
 
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 07:48 am
@chai2,
Is It A Nasty Cold Or The Flu?

The 2017-2018 flu season was one of the deadliest in many years. Let's not top that monstrous stat this year.
This Flu Season Is the Worst in Nearly a Decade
0 Replies
 
Linkat
 
  1  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 01:05 pm
So far - I know of three people who got the flu shot and still got the flu - my daughter included (the child that rarely gets ill).

I got just a touch of it - more of a cold with a slight temperature. I did not get a flu shot.
farmerman
 
  2  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 03:18 pm
@Linkat,
flu vaccines have hd a mixed effectiveness %. This year (18/19) vaccine mix will be anywhere from 19 to 39% effective. I still got my shots and the prevnar 13 pneumonia shots, although my wife and I both had minorflu-like reactions and injection point swelling from the pneumonia shots.
Linkat
 
  1  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 04:09 pm
@farmerman,
That is a pretty low effectiveness -are they usually that low?
farmerman
 
  1  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 04:52 pm
@Linkat,
they apparently have been sinking since the 80"s. I do not know why. Ive never seen anything in the science weeklies .

Id imagine that it may have something to do with the "big E"
farmerman
 
  2  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 04:55 pm
@farmerman,
One thing though, immunity effectiveness or not , they say that your symptoms and severity of the flu will be reduced if you get the shots.
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 04:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

flu vaccines have hd a mixed effectiveness %. This year (18/19) vaccine mix will be anywhere from 19 to 39% effective. I still got my shots and the prevnar 13 pneumonia shots, although my wife and I both had minorflu-like reactions and injection point swelling from the pneumonia shots.


My husbands been in the hospital twice this past year for pneumonia.

Last time he came out was around Dec 4th or 5th. Got on those super power antibiotics that really screw up his INR.

I went to Mexico myself Christmas Eve. He didn't go...we didn't think the altitude would be good. I guess the antibiotics didn't completely eliminate the pneumonia, because when I came home on the first he looked like ****. On the 3rd he went back in via the ER, and got out yesterday afternoon.

0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 05:00 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

they apparently have been sinking since the 80"s. I do not know why. Ive never seen anything in the science weeklies .

Id imagine that it may have something to do with the "big E"


Sorry, what's the big E?
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 06:33 pm
@chai2,
Evolution
0 Replies
 
Linkat
 
  1  
Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 07:54 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

One thing though, immunity effectiveness or not , they say that your symptoms and severity of the flu will be reduced if you get the shots.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Immortality and Doctor Volkov - Discussion by edgarblythe
Sleep Paralysis - Discussion by Nick Ashley
On the edge and toppling off.... - Discussion by Izzie
Surgery--Again - Discussion by Roberta
PTSD, is it caused by a blow to the head? - Question by Rickoshay75
THE GIRL IS ILL - Discussion by Setanta
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 01/22/2019 at 08:50:38