Armstrong to be Stripped of all 7 Titles

roger

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 03:20 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Training is cheating.

Absolutely! I clearly understood that studying in high school was about the same as cheating. I was more honest in those days.
hingehead

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 03:27 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Training is cheating.

In the trade we refer to it as an 'Ergogenic Aid'.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 04:24 pm
@chai2,
And another thing chai--cycle sales in the US considerable increased after Mr Armstrong won his first Tour.

Which means more Americans became a bit fitter and he made a contribution to the reduction of oil imports as well as to the jobs created from manufacturing and distributing the increased number of cycles to meet the demand he created and the ancillary equipment which no self-respecting American cyclist would see fit to be without.

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that the oil and car industries are not behind the persecution. And the medical profession has no interest in people being fitter plus it probably supplies the hierarchy of the testing bureaucracy. And maybe real estate agents in hilly districts should be considered. (now you're getting silly spendi--Ed.)

And he gave millions of cancer patients hope.

I bet he could tell some tales about the gentleman and ladies of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and the World Anti-Doping Agency, shades of the United Nations, as they followed the Tour around France making sure that the cameras only see them when wearing their white coats and standing in front of some scientific equipment or other. Or having a press conference.

The gladiators didn't have to put up with **** like that.

He's a hero. Did you ever see him go 15 miles down the other side of a lung bursting mountain climb with a ravine starting just off the tarmac going down 2000 feet with only the brakes to control the bike. And trees whizzing past.

spendius

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 04:26 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Absolutely! I clearly understood that studying in high school was about the same as cheating. I was more honest in those days.

Snap. Swots were lads who couldn't pull birds.
spendius

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 05:51 pm
@spendius,
Fancy down-thumbing posts just because they showed that the thumber has been riding the persecution bandwagon of Mr Armstrong merely out of a predilection to tear down heroes just for the joyous joy of it.

Making sure, of course, that other wankers have run him down first and that they don't have to leave their name and thus causing others to be suspected.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 11:43 am
I am a very forgiving person...But what Armstrong did...Was pretty dang rotten...

He was even more disingenuous than Clemens was...

And the worst part...Is I think there is a very high chance he got cancer from taking so many steroids...
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 11:56 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

he was quoted as saying this in (i believe) september of last year --

“If you consider my situation: a guy who comes back from arguably, you know, a death sentence, why would I then
enter into a sport and dope myself up and risk my life again? That's crazy. I would never do that. No. No way.”

sad... very sad...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 12:01 pm
@Region Philbis,
It is...And it makes it very hard to swallow...Because if the reasons he built his cancer foundation is because he gave cancer to himself...Then he was manipulating other people with cancer also...And many of them even say they would have gave their contributions to another foundation more sincere...And I can not blame them...

Now, no one knows if he is saying this to be genuine...Or if it is to save some of his legacy...Or wealth or something...

I just hope from all these situations that other young athletes think about taking steroids before they do....If they want to...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 07:12 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/69671_10151262622163842_2130197275_n.jpg
chai2

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 07:17 pm
@ehBeth,
wow, it sure made him look different, like a woman if you ask me.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 07:18 pm
@ehBeth,
I've followed bicycle races in the past and I suppose more than a few that I rooted for were using stuff, but.. my interest was always the scenery, sorry. I didn't believe Armstrong from early on, at least re 90's info, so this is, like, lame time now.

His mode, in my own view, was always business promotional, and still is.
My hope is that he is de-geared.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 07:21 pm
@chai2,
Carpeting has that effect.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 07:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I will accept anyone's apology so long as they just leave us alone, after that...If he is doing it to save some of his name...Then I do no respect the apology...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 07:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, here:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/sportingscene/2013/01/what-lance-armstrong-did.html

well,
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:53 am
@spendius,
Oh--I forgot--he has provided a lot of tossers with something to publicly exercise their indignation upon in between the ads for junk food.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 11:06 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
the people who would likely to testify again Armstrong have large problems of credibility themselves.

luckily for them he's taken care of this himself

~~~~

I thought I couldn't dislike him more than I did a few years ago. I was wrong. He's got some ******* attitude.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2013 11:08 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Sorry the deal was that in 2006 he came and gave the key note speak and got an honorary degree in return so where is their right six years later to take the degree back?

honorary degrees get pulled from liars and criminals
nothing special about it happening to Armstrong
spendius

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 05:11 am
@ehBeth,
What evidence have you that Mr Armstrong is a criminal?

At the very worst he has done nothing remotely comparable to what Michael Vick has done. And he's now a role model for the kids in Philly.

Nor has he done what the Sun Bed salons have done for cancer.

He's just a prey that some big dogs have run down and now all the little dogs are taking a bite.
spendius

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 05:15 am
@spendius,
Anybody getting indignant about Mr Armstrong doesn't know anything about top-dollar sport. They just have a need to express indignation.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:52 am
@ehBeth,
Theres no Statute of Limitations on "Honorary Degrees" only specific crimes have such limitations in time.
0 Replies