Gun Control and the Illusion of Security

oralloy

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 05:50 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Oralloy - at least you tried to 'reason' in support of what was a truly irrational statement of yours

Nothing irrational about noting that densely populated areas have more crime than sparsely populated areas.

vikorr wrote:
but you still don't try and make it sound like you have a leg to stand on - Sydney in NSW has 1 million more people than Melbourne.

I'd expect that they have about the same number of police shootings.

vikorr wrote:
I'm Australian, and I'm just discussing things...as there is no possible link to me trying to change your constitution...you apparently see much more sinister motives & power than exists...and you come off as incredibly paranoid.

I know you don't have the power to change our Constitution. If anyone really thought you had any chance of harming our liberty, there would be nuclear missiles aimed at you right now.

But you are openly talking about violating our rights, even though you have no power to do so. And that justifies responding by telling you that you will not be allowed to do it.

vikorr wrote:
Freedom isn't about doing whatever you want - that's anarchy. Freedom is a balance - a balance between the communities rights & expectations vs the individuals rights & expectations. Laws are (ideally) then made where that line is believed to exist. And punishments are given for breaking those - placing limits on what people can choose to do (ie limiting individual freedom).. Where that balance lies is what many people question, and it's a subjective answer...this sort of thing shouldn't need to be explained. Your view what constitutes anti-freedom further exhibit your paranoia and irrationality.

Free people have the right to carry guns when they go out in public.

People who do not have the right to carry guns when they go about in public, are not free.

You used to be free. Now you are not. America is now the last free country on the face of the planet.

We will never give up our freedom. America will remain free until the end of time.

vikorr wrote:
You are barely able to debate this

Says the person who will not be able to point out a single fact I have wrong.
oralloy

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 05:52 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
I wonder - do you realise that it is people like you that strengthen peoples desire for regulation? No one likes an irrational person owning guns (even though that would be something rather difficult to ascertain in a legal sense)

People who support violating civil rights always try to blame their purported victims for the atrocities they try to commit.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 10:25 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
I wonder - do you realise that it is people like you that strengthen peoples desire for regulation? No one likes an irrational person owning guns (even though that would be something rather difficult to ascertain in a legal sense)
The IMPORTANT thing
is that the Founders of the Repubic (as a condition of its existence)
put interference in any citizen's personal possession of guns
beyond the reach of the jurisdiction of government, like free speech
and free press.

Those authoritarians who choose to fight it out can try to amend
the US Constitution. The freedom-lovers r ready to resist the slavers.

David
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 03:07 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I know you don't have the power to change our Constitution. If anyone really thought you had any chance of harming our liberty, there would be nuclear missiles aimed at you right now.
Lmao - paranoid and bloodthirsty.

Quote:
But you are openly talking about violating our rights
How odd...I was talking about gun regulation. What your govt does (and the laws they make) is up to them, and nothing to do with me. Again, paranoia.

Quote:
You used to be free. Now you are not.
What a bizarre view of the world.

Quote:
So very true - and that would be because you have used almost no facts at all (apart from your constitution, which has never been part of the debate, although you think it does)

As I've pointed out numerous times earlier - this is a subjective topic.

Of course, I don't expect you to be able see this, as you appear to have a religious affiliation to the topic.

Quote:
People who support violating civil rights always try to blame their purported victims for the atrocities they try to commit.
Wow, by merely discussing this, as is part of your constitution (freedom of speech is enshrined in your constitution, is it not) I am violating your civil rights and committing attrocities...how...irrational and what an amazing double standard regarding your fervent belief in your constitution.

As I've previously mentioned - debates with you are pointless...and rather meaningless due to the pseudo religious one eyed faith you display.

Still...it does provide some exercise, which is why I guess I bother replying.
oralloy

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 03:43 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Lmao - paranoid and bloodthirsty.

No. Just bloodthirsty.

vikorr wrote:
oralloy wrote:
But you are openly talking about violating our rights

How odd...I was talking about gun regulation.

Gun regulation (particularly as you envision it) violates my rights.

vikorr wrote:
oralloy wrote:
You used to be free. Now you are not.

What a bizarre view of the world.

No. It is straightforward history. Free people have the right to carry guns when they go about in public. Your nation has repealed that right. Now you are no longer free.

vikorr wrote:
Quote:

So very true - and that would be because you have used almost no facts at all (apart from your constitution, which has never been part of the debate, although you think it does)

No, the main reason would be because I am very seldom wrong.

vikorr wrote:
As I've pointed out numerous times earlier - this is a subjective topic.

Nothing subjective about it. You would like to violate my rights, but you won't be allowed to.

vikorr wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Wow, by merely discussing this, as is part of your constitution (freedom of speech is enshrined in your constitution, is it not) I am violating your civil rights and committing attrocities

No. You are merely proposing doing such.

vikorr wrote:
...how...irrational and what an amazing double standard regarding your fervent belief in your constitution.

No double standard. But you will never be allowed to take away my freedom, no matter how much you wish to do so.

vikorr wrote:
As I've previously mentioned - debates with you are pointless...and rather meaningless due to the pseudo religious one eyed faith you display.

You've never before faced someone whose rights you were unable to violate, have you?

vikorr wrote:
Still...it does provide some exercise, which is why I guess I bother replying.

You reply because it frustrates you that you can't take our freedom away from us.
vikorr

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 03:58 am
@oralloy,
I started replying, and then read further, and realised that your post descended so far into bizarreness that discussion is no longer worthwhile.
oralloy

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 04:01 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
I started replying, and then read further, and realised that your post descended so far into bizarreness that discussion is no longer worthwhile.

People who oppose civil rights often don't know how to cope when they are prevented from violating civil rights.
vikorr

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 04:15 pm
@oralloy,
Rolling Eyes
RABEL222

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 11:00 pm
@vikorr,
Smart move.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 11:53 am

I love America!

Quote:
The .950 JDJ is the world's largest and most powerful rifle cartridge. Loaded .950 JDJ cartridges are approximately the length of an empty .50 BMG casing, and are based on a 20×102mm case shortened and necked up to accept the .950 in bullet. Projectiles are custom-made and most commonly weigh 3,600 grains, which is 8.2 ounces or over half a pound.

The cartridge propels its 3,600 gr bullet at approximately 2,200 ft/s. This yields a muzzle energy of 38,685 ft·lbf and a momentum of 154.1 Newton-seconds, about the same as a 20x102mm Vulcan round. It is comparable to the original tank rounds of World War I in terms of ballistics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.950_JDJ

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 12:56 am
@oralloy,
vikorr wrote:
I started replying, and then read further, and realised that your post descended
so far into bizarreness that discussion is no longer worthwhile.
oralloy wrote:
People who oppose civil rights often don't know how to cope
when they are prevented from violating civil rights.
Yours is the expressed voice of REASON. Thank you.

David
RABEL222

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 12:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I have used guns for hunting for almost 70 years of my life but I still think you are both bat **** crazy.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 01:18 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
I have used guns for hunting for almost 70 years of my life
but I still think you are both bat **** crazy.
Your rationale is that every citizen is fully IMMUNE
from the predatory violence of either man or beast, right??

Robbery is IMPOSSIBLE, right?????

David
RABEL222

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 07:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I havent noticed that bat **** crazy people have had an effect on lawbreakers.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 09:34 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
I havent noticed that bat **** crazy people have had an effect on lawbreakers.
Well, u study the issue really closely over time
and let us know what u "notice".
0 Replies

ronc0011

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 09:49 am
The Browning 50 is by no means the only round capable of that kind of range. the 338 Lapua is an extremely long rang round . Many shots on record out to 1200 yards In fact I was just watching a show on history channel highlighting a Marine Corp. sniper making a shot at 1500 yrds with a Remington 700 in .308 / 7.62 That's an amazing shot 70% skill 30% luck.

The 338 Lapua and also the .416 Barrett are both sniper rounds developed for military use and capable of extreme ranges

Learning to control the reflex action of anticipating the shot is something even the most seasoned shooters struggle with constantly. They spend lots of range time to build in that muscle memory otherwise their shots tend to go low and to the right (for a right hand shooter). because they are anticipating that movement of the gun when it goes off. Their muscles naturally pull away from the anticipated direction of the recoil to compensate.

Long range shooting is more of a sport than a practical matter. In the normal world you typically can't even see 1,000 yards much less shoot someone at 1,000 yards. That is a skill that takes lots of training and even more practice.
0 Replies