The Family Research Council is a hate group.

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 05:05 pm
It isn't right for people to shoot at them. But, we should be able to acknowledge hate groups as hate groups. They make up and spread stories about homosexuals to spread fear and hatred leaning to violence.

I don't think it is right that they face violence. But truth is truth and they are a hate group.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 05:21 pm
Quote:
"...one of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the 'prophets' of a new sexual order." —"Homosexual Behavior & Pedophilia," a FRC publication, July 1999, http://www.frc.org/misc/bl057.pdf

Quote:

"Gaining access to children has been a long-term goal of the homosexual movement." —"Homosexual Behavior and Pedophilia," FRC publication, July 1999, http://www.frc.org/misc/bl057.pdf

Quote:
“While activists like to claim that pedophilia is a completely distinct orientation from homosexuality, evidence shows a disproportionate overlap between the two. … It is a homosexual problem.”
— Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, FRC website, 2010
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 05:29 pm
@maxdancona,
I have no doubt that you're quite right in labeling them as you have. The problem arises when you realize that they believe this **** that you quoted in your 2nd post. It's not "blind" hate in the sense of unreasoning prejudice; it's real hate based on real fear. These fools are terrified that if homosexuality gains the legitimacy that is being sought, their crazy pedophiliac predictions will actually come true. They actually believe that most gays are also pedophiles. Nuts. But there you have it. How do you deal with it?
RABEL222

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:08 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
You cant reason with someone who is blind to the facts.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 08:05 am
Max, et.al.,
What is the definition of a "hate group"?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 07:08 pm
@slkshock7,
A group that labels people who aren't pedophiles as pedophiles just because they don't approve of their behavior is a hate group.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 05:48 am
@maxdancona,
A group that labels people who aren't homophobes as homophobes just because they don't approve of their behavior is a hate group.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 07:02 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
How do you deal with it?

I wish I knew. I'm not sure if I believe that they're just frightened fools or if they are truly wicked people.

I've been reading about them for a while and my feeling moves more toward wickedness as time goes on.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 07:31 am
@CoastalRat,
Coastal Rat,

Did you read the quotes from the Family Research Council? Do you see how they are slandering homosexuals as pedophiles?

Calling someone a pedophile is a damaging claim. The claim is that homosexuals as a group are responsible for the rape of children. I can't think of a worse charge to make against people.

Calling someone a homophobe is perhaps mean, but this hardly compares to making false claims about the actual abuse of children.

I would also point out that not every group or person that opposes same sex marriage has been labeled a hate group by the SPLC. In fact being a hate group has nothing to do with opposition to homosexuality.

It has everything to do with spreading the vicious lie that pedophilia is a "homosexual problem".
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 09:04 am
@maxdancona,
I get it Max. It is ok for one side but not the other. I get exactly where you are coming from. But you gave a definition of a hate group that quite frankly can be used to describe ANY group utilizing our free speech rights to condemn something they disagree with. If you wish to be consistent in that definition, then you must apply it to any and all groups. That is the point of my posted definition of a hate group.

I choose not to agree totally with the FRC on this issue because I don't believe in applying labels to groups of people. While my experience with some of the homosexuals I've known in my life would indeed support the pedophile claim, it does not hold true across the board to all homosexuals.

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 11:57 am
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57495092/lawyer-ordered-to-pay-$4.5m-to-gay-u-m-student/

Sometimes a win against those who would mis-use the First Amendment.

Joe(i love seeing results like this)Nation
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 04:06 pm
@CoastalRat,
No CoastalRat, you don't get it. In fact it seems from your response that you didn't think at all about the topic, or even read the responses in the thread before you typed your knee-jerk response.

The definition of hate group I gave was quite specific and doesn't apply to "ANY group utilizing our free speech rights". In fact, as I have said, it doesn't even apply to every group that opposes homosexuality.

The issue is that they are making a very serious claim that is both damaging and factually incorrect. There isn't much worse than being called a pedophile.

There is a big difference here between political disagreement and hate speech. There are very few groups that are saying vicious lies about a group of people in this way.

How is the claim that pedophilia (which we all agree is a horrific crime) is a goal of homosexuals not an example of hate speech?

I am really surprised that anyone with any sense would defend this.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 05:04 pm
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:
While my experience with some of the homosexuals I've known in my life would indeed support the pedophile claim

you must move in unusual circles as that is not evidenced by the research

the numbers vary - but the estimates range as high as 95% of paedophiles being male heterosexuals

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

http://www.robincmiller.com/gayles4.htm

Quote:
In 1978 psychologist Nicholas Groth screened 175 men who had been convicted in Massachusetts of sexual molestation of children and referred by a court for psychological evaluation. He found not a single gay man in this sample. Every one of the perpetrators was either an exclusive heterosexual, a bisexual with a predominantly heterosexual orientation, or a fixated pedophile with no sexual interest in adults.[4]

His conclusion? That "the adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater risk to the underage child than does the adult homosexual male."

In the same year, researcher David Newton reviewed the scientific literature and found no reason to believe that anything other than a "random connection" existed between homosexual orientation and child molestation.[5]

Later research has confirmed these findings:

In 1988, renowned sex researcher Kurt Freund at the Clarke Institute of Psychiatry in Toronto studied two groups of paid volunteers and found that gay men responded no more to male child stimuli than heterosexual men responded to female child stimuli.[6] He later described as a "myth" the notion that gay men are more likely than straight men to be child molesters.[7]

In 1992, alarmed over claims made during a campaign for an anti-gay state constitutional amendment in Colorado, two physicians reviewed every case of suspected child molestation evaluated at Children's Hospital in Denver over a one-year period. Of the 269 cases determined to involve molestation by an adult, only two of the perpetrators could be identified as gay or lesbian. The researchers concluded that the risk of child sexual abuse by an identifiably gay or lesbian person was between zero and 3.1%, and that the risk of such abuse by the heterosexual partner of a relative was over 100 times greater.[8]

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2233661

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/statistics/can/stat_sexAbuse.cfm#statelocal

tons of links to research here

http://www.cwru.edu/med/epidbio/mphp439/Pediatric_Sexual_Assault.htm

revelette

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 07:05 am
Quote:
Family Research Council head defends Akin

The Family Research Council offered strong support for Todd Akin on Monday afternoon.

“This is an effort to try to direct attention away from … Claire McCaskill, who has been supportive of Planned Parenthood — an organization that’s been under investigation for criminal activity,” FRC President Tony Perkins said in between meetings of the RNC platform committee.

Perkins lashed out at Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) for saying Akin should get out of the race.

“He should be careful because based on some of his statements there may be call for him to get out of his race,” he said of Brown. “He has been off the reservation on a number of Republican issues, conservative issues I should say. His support among conservatives is very shallow.”

Connie Mackey, the president of FRC Action PAC, said Republicans trying to ease Akin out lack “backbone.”

“We feel this is a case of gotcha politics,” she said. “He has been elected five times. That community in Missouri, they know who Todd Akin is. We know who Todd Akin is because we’ve worked with him up on the Hill. He’s a defender of life. He’s a defender of families. This is just a controversy built up, it looks as though, to support his opposition. Claire McCaskill on the other hand has supported Planned Parenthood all these years…Todd Akin is getting a very bad break here. We support him fully and completely.”

Mackey added that she’s not agreeing or disagreeing with his statement.

“I know nothing about the science or the legal implications of his statement,” she said. “I do know politics, and I know gotcha politics when I see it.”

source

So she does not know if a woman has a built in mechanism inside her body which would prevent unwanted pregnancies from rape?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 07:11 am
@revelette,
Quote:
Family Research Council head defends Akin

“He should be careful because based on some of his statements there may be call for him to get out of his race,” he said of Brown. “He has been off the reservation on a number of Republican issues, conservative issues I should say. His support among conservatives is very shallow.”

awesome. I like it when the 'conservatives' are explicitly defining the differences between themselves and Republicans. They were shyer about it four, five years ago. Split, baby, split.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 06:50 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
but the estimates range as high as 95% of paedophiles being male heterosexuals

Interesting given the public record of the priesthood of the catholic faith as it never seems to be little girls that are being harm but little boys instead.

Now in any case given that straight men outnumber gay men in the general population by something around 19 to one you would assume that most pedophiles would be heterosexuals.

Anything near equal numbers between gay and straight would be one hell of a red flag concerning gay males and the likelihood of being pedophiles is concern.

BillRM

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 06:59 am
@ehBeth,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1556756

he proportions of heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles among sex offenders against children: an exploratory study.
Freund K, Watson RJ.
SourceDepartment of Behavioural Sexology, Clarke Institute of Psychiatry, Toronto, Ont., Canada.

Abstract
Previous investigations have indicated that the ratio of sex offenders against female children vs. offenders against male children is approximately 2:1, while the ratio of gynephiles to androphiles among the general population is approximately 20:1. The present study investigated whether the etiology of preferred partner sex among pedophiles is related to the etiology of preferred partner sex among males preferring adult partners. Using phallometric test sensitivities to calculate the proportion of true pedophiles among various groups of sex offenders against children, and taking into consideration previously reported mean numbers of victims per offender group, the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1. This suggests that the resulting proportion of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually. This, of course, would not indicate that androphilic males have a greater propensity to offend against children.

parados

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 11:05 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1.

So this research shows 92% of pedophiles to be heterosexual.
BillRM

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 12:49 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So this research shows 92% of pedophiles to be heterosexual.

Did you forget something like that the gay population is only 3 to 5 percents of the total population?
parados

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:02 am
@BillRM,
Are you arguing that only gays have had any kind of sexual encounter with someone of the same sex?
Are you also willing to argue that only heteros have had any kind of sexual encounter with someone of the opposite sex?