What is a grandparents role today?

Wildflower63

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 12:22 pm
Interesting info! That sounds very logical as to why we seem to desire grandchildren. Nature did it!! I feel it is valuable for kids to spend time with grandparents. I only had one grandma to spend time with. She is a widow. My parents were struggling to get by. My grandma was older and financially stable. She would take me to dog shows, show me how to make things from crafts to cooking, take me shopping and a lot of other things my parents were too loaded with responsibilities to do.

I learned a lot from her. She grew up on a KY farm and didn't know that money existed until she was 12 years old. When they had chicken for dinner, they grabbed one from outside. They saved the feathers for pillows, mattresses, and blankets. They had no electric or indoor plumbing. How unimaginable to me! My kids laugh because she claims she 'trades' at a store and other funny terms they don't understand why she phrases things in such a way. It is kinda funny!

I feel that she offered me something very valuable, her time. I did have a better life because she participated in it. I plan on doing the same, if I ever get grandchildren! It isn't looking good. My kids are claiming they don't want kids at all with good reasons as to why, which you can't really argue with.

If they change their minds someday, I feel spending time with grandchildren not only gives them a better life, but will help my children a lot with parenting and providing for them with today's two income family.

Can I identify with the whale comment!! What's the deal with this turning 40 and weight gain? I feel like a whale every time I look at my clothes that fit me for years, but don't anymore. On top of that, I feel like a dinosaur or some old relic of the past.

Why do I have to put up with this lousy aging stuff on top of periods? I'm a tad too old to be having any more children anyway. The thought of raising teenagers in my late 50's makes me want to hang myself in the basement. I can't see too well anymore and suddenly need vision correction. This aging stuff sucks!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 10:27 pm
Yeah it does.
0 Replies