I'm pretty sure I love a friend of mine who's the same sex

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 05:39 am
@Setanta,
You're damn right I'm afraid of homogenized milk, it's full of bac door teria!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:17 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:
First off it was humour, dark but still humour.

Dark humor? Is that where you act like a total dick and then, when you're called on it, claim it was just a joke?

eurocelticyankee wrote:
Plus do you really believe any of this ****?. Do you not notice the same MO, one post, always a stupid sexual problem, from incest to what ever. Anybody who encourages these pathetic posts is worse.

People come here asking the same sorts of questions because they probably find this site through a search engine. Some of them are trolls, but many of them are sincere and earnest. If you think they're all trolls, then just ignore them. If you respond to them (as you are doing on this thread), then you're just encouraging them -- and, as you point out, that makes you even worse than the trolls themselves.

eurocelticyankee wrote:
Joe, I want to sleep with my aunt but she had an operation and now she's my uncle, what'll I do Joe???. What'll I Do????

I'd suggest you just go **** yourself.

eurocelticyankee wrote:
I've stayed away from WA2K for a while and all these stupid posts were one reason why, I think I'll stay away altogether and leave it to you Joe to sort out all these serious sexual problems.

For someone who is staying away altogether, you certainly post a lot.
sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:25 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

eurocelticyankee wrote:
Plus do you really believe any of this ****?. Do you not notice the same MO, one post, always a stupid sexual problem, from incest to what ever. Anybody who encourages these pathetic posts is worse.

People come here asking the same sorts of questions because they probably find this site through a search engine. Some of them are trolls, but many of them are sincere and earnest. If you think they're all trolls, then just ignore them. If you respond to them (as you are doing on this thread), then you're just encouraging them -- and, as you point out, that makes you even worse than the trolls themselves.

This was what I was all set to say, but joe got there first, and said it well.

That's how Google (plus the SEO wizardry of the site owner) works. People search for something, and A2K turns up as a result of their search, so they post, so the same thing is more likely to turn up on A2K when the next person searches for it, and then we have a bunch of posts from new people on (roughly) the same topic.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:54 am
@joefromchicago,
What a load of self righteous crap. Why don't you pair of saints go **** yourselves, as you put it. I'd say I do more in a week for hard up and messed up people than you two goody two shoes do in a year.
Two self righteous pricks.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 09:03 am
@eurocelticyankee,
You've been on this site for close to two years, and I'm sure, during that time, I've seen many of your posts, but I never realized until now what a complete and utter cock you can be. I find that both surprising and disappointing.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 09:18 am
@joefromchicago,
Joe, you're entitled to your own opinion, just don't let it overwhelm you.
0 Replies

rather-confused

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 10:49 am
Thank you sozobe for answering my question(s), and thank you Joe et al for trying to to talk some sense and courtesy into eurocelticyankee, pity he didn't acknowledge it.

Yes, I came across A2K through Google by searching a slightly more generically phrased version of my question, registering, and asking my question. It's a shame that the first response was someone claiming I was making it up and trolling. At least he acknowledged later on that I wasn't quite as poor quality as the 'other nonsense'... though that's still more of an insult than a compliment.

George,

I find it strange that you didn't see from my level of language that I wasn't "an average troll", not even a troll, just somebody wanting to know an answer to something. The way I see it, people have knowledge about sexuality from two sources. 1) They learn from their own experience 2) They learn by asking others. Given that I said I haven't had any experience, my only quick source of sexuality knowledge would be asking other people. The PHSE people at school aren't there at the moment as it's the holiday (so nobody is there), and I wouldn't want their judgement or flapping mouths, so my first port of call was the internet. Despite nearly being 50, you seem to be a lot louder, critical, and outgoing than most people that age when faced with a computer and social universe at their fingers. Despite me only being 17, I share a similar level of cynicism and world-weariness as you. I escape to the internet as a moderate haven away from the frustrations of my everyday life (I'm not asking for your life story as an "oh, you think YOUR life is bad? Check out mine", my life is had for me). However, I would never even consider being as harsh and critical as you were, immediately assuming what I was asking was complete bollocks. I'm not an allegedly 16 year old girl wondering about dealing with my 15 year old boyfriend's enormous penis in a few misspelled sentences unlike some OPs. I asked a fairly simple question with a relatively lengthy amount of background information and details to save people answering the time and bother of asking for basic details. Perhaps my forgetting to upload an avatar made you think I was trolling. Perhaps it was the username that rather pertained to a specific genre of questions such as those of sexuality, suggesting that I wasn't intending on staying around. After my treatment from you, no, I don't intend on spending long on here - at least not under this username. Perhaps I'll return some day under my typical guise, as the rebuttals directed at you from the other members in this topic have given me some faith in the A2K community.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 10:56 am
@rather-confused,
I'm sorry your initial experience here hasn't been totally positive, R-C. In my experience, an initial round of newbie-hazing by the established members of this forum is not at all uncommon. Please don't let it color your perception of the rest of the A2K community. Sozobe, for instance, is one of the good ones -- you can rely on her to give solid advice.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 11:31 am
@rather-confused,
Quote:
I find it strange that you didn't see from my level of language that I wasn't "an average troll", not even a troll, just somebody wanting to know an answer to something.

Look these type posts have been popping up continuously with both good and bad grammar and myself and others have had a laugh with them here and there. What else are you supposed to do with some of the crap that's posted.

Quote:
However, I would never even consider being as harsh and critical as you were, immediately assuming what I was asking was complete bollocks. I'm not an allegedly 16 year old girl wondering about dealing with my 15 year old boyfriend's enormous penis in a few misspelled sentences unlike some OPs.

So I said "Although I still think you're talking bollocks and why you're posting shite like this on this particular web site is beyond me." and this what you call Harsh and Critical?. Are you soft or what, god help you if you ever get any real abuse.

Quote:
After my treatment from you, no, I don't intend on spending long on here - at least not under this username. Perhaps I'll return some day under my typical guise, as the rebuttals directed at you from the other members in this topic have given me some faith in the A2K community.

You know it's funny but I had a feeling that you'd piss off into the sunset now you've had your laugh watching people bitching at each other over you.
rather-confused

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 01:53 pm
Joe: Yeah, as shown in your link, this sort of abuse does seem to be concerningly frequent... I think I probably will join properly sometime in the near future, but try to keep my head down at the start, probably by just helping people with answers rather than asking. "Newbie hazing" is a very accurate label, as most threads I look in started by new members have what could only be aptly described as just that. I have to say, this is the first forum I've ever come across with quite this level of, as you said, "newbie hazing".

George: Wow, you could tell from my username (which was clearly either a) only relevant to my 1 question or b) wouldn't look to reputable when trying to help people by answering) that I was going to "piss off unto the sunset"? I haven't noticed any badge system on this site yet, but somebody should definitely nominate you for the observational skills badge. In case you hadn't garnered, I'm being flippant this time. Here's how I 'do' forums:
The asking role - If I have a question that isn't relevant to any of the forums I am an active member of, I will find the most relevant forum, sign up, post question, thank people for good answers, and leave. Which other than a few kilobytes of space on the forum's server or my user account does them nothing but good - they could get extra traffic because lots of people Google my question, people click on ads on the forum, some people even like the forums, sign up, and become a heavily active and valuable member of the community.

The answering role - I'm not going to be doing web searches for questions I already know the answer to. Therefore, on forums that I have joined from the scenario above with liking a forum and staying, I become a very active member, trying to help people as best I can. I stay for yeas on end and am a recognized member of the community to the extent where I know all the information of the twenty or so most active members so when I bump into them in a thread and they're quizzical, I know their background situation and they recognize me.

Oh, and about the harsh and critical comments. I was under the impression that sexuality, i.e. LGBT sexuality, can be a delicate subject for many. Such as myself. So yes, after I've explained to the internet my real predicament and the first response I get is one labelling it "bollocks" and "shite", yes, I'd call that fairly harsh. I can take a verbal beating on many subjects, music tastes, films, television, opinions on current affairs, technology... I can stand on my own two feet and hold my ground with those. But when it comes to sexuality, a delicate subject for me, I'd rather receive support than abuse.
rather-confused

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 02:12 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I'm sure several people here could aptly use "why you're posting shite like this on this particular web site is beyond me" in relation to your rebuttals.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 02:59 pm
@rather-confused,
rather-confused wrote:

Joe: Yeah, as shown in your link, this sort of abuse does seem to be concerningly frequent... I think I probably will join properly sometime in the near future, but try to keep my head down at the start, probably by just helping people with answers rather than asking.

I hope that you do.

rather-confused wrote:
"Newbie hazing" is a very accurate label, as most threads I look in started by new members have what could only be aptly described as just that. I have to say, this is the first forum I've ever come across with quite this level of, as you said, "newbie hazing".

That's one of the things that sucks around here. Fortunately, the positives far outweigh the negatives. Consider it your baptism of fire.
sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 03:01 pm
@joefromchicago,
I agree with joe (again). You seem thoughtful and interesting, rather-confused, hope you stick around under whatever nom de plume. (Nom de pixel?)
Strauss

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 03:09 pm
@sozobe,
Nom de clavier..
0 Replies

julioso

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 11:48 am
@rather-confused,
This is my first reply, and so a test reply.
0 Replies

julioso

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 12:22 pm
Ah, the troll. Witness how with the internet he defeats utterly the quantity versus quality paradigm in occupation of the old meaning's place by raw, calculated mass- and no youth shall ever love adult again.
0 Replies