Thank you for sharing that...
JLNobody

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks, dear. I count on you.
JLNobody

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye, you know, of course, about rhabdomyalysis (sp?), a possibly deadly sideeffect of some statins?
I'm fortunate not to experience side effects--and I do need my statins. My cholesterol count in 1989 was 321, but with lovastatin I've dropped to normal (around 180). Still my triglycerides are a little high and I cannot use Niacin to lower the count--I flush something terrible.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 09:28 pm
@Linkat,
You're welcome. Last thing I want to do is put anyone off of pasta e fagioli.

Just don't eat a quart of it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 09:29 pm
@JLNobody,
And I, you.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 11:05 pm
@JLNobody,
Even flushless niacin?
JLNobody

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:15 am
@roger,
No, I havn't heard of that.
JLNobody

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:27 am
@ossobuco,
Sure, if I'm dressed. I don't recall such a photo.
roger

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 08:24 pm
@JLNobody,
It's fairly common, now. If it is flushless, it will say so on the front of the package. It will be a fairly prominent announcement.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 08:26 pm
@JLNobody,
I hope she will post it. Right now, her computer is on the fritz.
JLNobody

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 09:49 pm
@roger,
Poor Osso, that's terrible. I just purchased a PC notebook--used: I'll receive it in about three weeks. I'll use it mainly for writing to myself. I'll stick with my MAC for internet work, despite my incompetence in its use.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 10:58 pm
Mac she's got; motherboard she hasn't.

They don't make the replacement anymore, but she knows somebody who knows someone who has. I believe it's a computer up for salvage. With all these informal connections, it might take a little while. Ever try to shop for computer services without a computer?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 10:11 pm
@roger,
Ah, I'm back, better than ever.

Well, after I figure out all the changes.

I doubt, Roger, that JL was talking about an old photo of him - taken by the Dys..
but if he was, I probably have it somewhere (but who knows, now with my computer mishugas going on.)

later -
OK, I do, it's on my photobucket plethora. Will post if JLN says ok.

I'll post later when I'm less euphoric - re the capitulation of my computer to my presence ordering it about.

I also ran across - looking through my stuff while being sans computer - some photos JLN sent me and probably an other or two re his paintings.
I wish I were swift at setting up websites. Strong work.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 10:27 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Sure, if I'm dressed. I don't recall such a photo.

So post already.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 11:32 pm
@roger,
It was Dys that took the photo. I think JL was appropriately dressed. But was Dys?

It's a lovely photo, and I'll put it on here if JL says ok.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 01:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Sure, I'd like to see it, but don't give my name--I'm still paranoid Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 06:02 pm
@firefly,
I ordered that stuff from your Amazon link. Two bottles. Well, regardless of whether it does anything or not, ya gotta give them an A+ for packaging. The box these two dinky little bottles arrived in measures 19 1/2" X 14" X 3 1/4". Sure glad I didn't order more; the post office would likely have balked.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 06:23 pm
Generally, products such as this work best with a program, rather than simply adding to the regular diet. Which is why they often fail to help. I have not considered C0Q10 such a long time, I have no further suggestions.
roger

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 06:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Absolutely. With the quantity of bubble pack in that massive box, they could have safely shipped nuclear warheads, or at least a few cannisters of nerve gas.
0 Replies