Do you boycott certain businesses?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
If it's irrelevant, then you know nothing of US history.
I believe that u r merely PRETENDING
to be too stupid to understand,
in an effort to distract from your ignorance.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Here, you can argue with Abe Lincoln.

From Wiki:
Quote:
United States Declaration of Independence
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States Declaration of Independence

1823 facsimile of the engrossed copy
Created June–July 1776
Ratified July 4, 1776
Location Engrossed copy: National Archives
Rough draft: Library of Congress
Author(s) Thomas Jefferson et al. (Engrosser: Probably Timothy Matlack)
Signatories 56 delegates to the Continental Congress
Purpose To announce and explain separation from Great Britain[1]

The Declaration of Independence was a statement adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, which announced that the thirteen American colonies, then at war with Great Britain, regarded themselves as independent states, and no longer a part of the British Empire. John Adams had put forth a resolution earlier in the year, making a subsequent formal declaration inevitable. A committee was assembled to draft the formal declaration, to be ready when congress voted on independence. Adams persuaded the committee to select Thomas Jefferson to compose the original draft of the document,[2] which congress would edit to produce the final version. The Declaration was ultimately a formal explanation of why Congress had voted on July 2 to declare independence from Great Britain, more than a year after the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War. The Independence Day of the United States of America is celebrated on July 4, the day Congress approved the wording of the Declaration.
After ratifying the text on July 4, Congress issued the Declaration of Independence in several forms. It was initially published as a printed broadside that was widely distributed and read to the public. The most famous version of the Declaration, a signed copy that is usually regarded as the Declaration of Independence, is displayed at the National Archives in Washington, D.C. Although the wording of the Declaration was approved on July 4, the date of its signing was August 2.[3] The original July 4 United States Declaration of Independence manuscript was lost while all other copies have been derived from this original document.[4]
The sources and interpretation of the Declaration have been the subject of much scholarly inquiry. The Declaration justified the independence of the United States by listing colonial grievances against King George III, and by asserting certain natural and legal rights, including a right of revolution. Having served its original purpose in announcing independence, the text of the Declaration was initially ignored after the American Revolution. Since then, it has come to be considered a major statement on human rights, particularly its second sentence:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
This has been called "one of the best-known sentences in the English language",[5] containing "the most potent and consequential words in American history."[6] The passage came to represent a moral standard to which the United States should strive. This view was notably promoted by Abraham Lincoln, who considered the Declaration to be the foundation of his political philosophy, and argued that the Declaration is a statement of principles through which the United States Constitution should be interpreted.[7] It has inspired work for the rights of marginalized people throughout the world.

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:59 pm
It will appear to be unamerican to those brainwashed mainstream right wings...their brains have not been tapped with facts and education...its almost like saying its unamerican for a black group to boycott a restaurant owned and operated by the KKK on the principals of the KKK...one day it will look the same to the mainstream...but it will take decades for to relearn behaviors when it comes to minority rights...and there will be those who never will through extensive layers of indoctrination and brainwashing of hate in the name of christian jihad..its all they know.
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 06:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
Anyone who says boycotting and coming out against those funding or speaking against equality, doesn't work...is ill informed on history of civil rights...and by saying it doesn't work...become part of the cog in the wheel of progress...smarten up...get the facts...know your history...or...shut the **** up...simple right?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 06:06 pm
I saw a poll that suggests the boycot is so far hurting, except in the midwest. It's still too early to tell the long range effect.
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 06:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hopefully it will only be a temporary christian buzz that would wear off shortly thereafter and reality will set in...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 08:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Here, you can argue with Abe Lincoln.
No. I 'm arguing with U, C.I.
about your falsely claiming that certain words were in the Constitution
and then not having the wisdom, nor the honesty
to admit your mistake, hoping to save face
by distracting attention from your errors.

The next time that Abe Lincoln misquotes the Constitution, I 'll argue with HIM.

David

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 09:03 pm
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
JeffreyEqualityNewma wrote:
It will appear to be unamerican to those brainwashed mainstream right wings...their brains have not been tapped with facts and education...its almost like saying its unamerican for a black group to boycott a restaurant owned and operated by the KKK on the principals of the KKK...one day it will look the same to the mainstream...but it will take decades for to relearn behaviors when it comes to minority rights...and there will be those who never will through extensive layers of indoctrination and brainwashing of hate in the name of christian jihad..its all they know.
I am a very rightwing guy (voted for Barry Goldwater n Ronald Reagan)
who supports freedom of homosexuals to marry
and who deems boycotting anyone for any reason
or for no reason to be perfectly American.

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 09:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I was once a "right wing guy" too, but they no longer represent their primary thesis; they're now on discrimination of gays and women, don't tax the rich, control women's vagina, and require government picture ID's to vote.

I don't know where your heads at, but it certainly isn't as a true conservative.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I was once a "right wing guy" too,
Do u have a bridge for sale ?
Did u ever vote for a right wing candidate for political office ??
I bet u did not.

cicerone imposter wrote:
but they no longer represent their primary thesis;
Are u accusing us of rejecting the views
of George Washington & James Madison as expressed in the Constitution??

cicerone imposter wrote:
they're now on discrimination of gays and women,
First and foremost, I continue to support
the freedom of laissez faire capitalism,
( e.g., I have vocally defended the right of any citizen
to discriminate against ME, for any reason or for NO reason,
the same as when a lady rejects my social overtures).
In my personal dealings, I never discriminate against gays or women.
I bear them good will on a VOLUNTARY basis.
Liberty of volition is important in the Land of the FREE and the Home of the Brave.

cicerone imposter wrote:
don't tax the rich,
C.I., u misrepresent my position
and after misrepresenting it, then u condemn the invention of your straw-man fantasy.
Our position has been and IS that everyone shud be taxed at the SAME, EQUAL RATE.
The "equal protection of the laws" philosophy shud be applied in taxation.
The 16th Amendment does NOT authorize discrimination based on financial success.
Discriminatory rates of taxation are naked USURPATION of power by government.
I favor repealing income taxation
and fully funding all governments in America
from sales taxes, at exactly the same rate for all purchasers.
That way each taxpayer personally, freely determines how much
he will pay in taxation.

cicerone imposter wrote:
control women's vagina,
I usually recognize their autonomy, but your comment is not specific enuf
for me to give a comprehensive reply.

cicerone imposter wrote:
and require government picture ID's to vote.
That is a superb idea (requiring picture id. to defeat leftist fraud),
as long as such id. is actually available to any voter.

cicerone imposter wrote:
I don't know where your heads at, but it certainly isn't as a true conservative.
I voted for Barry Goldwater & Ronald Reagan.
How much MORE conservative do u want me to GET ????????

Your criticism is false, and unfounded in fact.

I challege u to identify where I 've gone rong
so far as being a "true conservative". (This shud be fun.)

I fully adhere to the Original Intendment of the Constitution, as amended, per its Article 5.

David
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 10:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
David, I didn't read your last post; it's full of bull ****!@

The republican party used to be for a) small government, b) less intrusion into private lives, and c) and anti-slavery.

Today, the republican party stands for cutting government funding for schools, police, libraries, and our infrastructure, but will fund all the unnecessary wars started by republicans. As for "less intrusion into private lives," they've really gone bonkers; they now support controlling women's vagina and pregnancies, and advocate the discrimination against gays and lesbians. As for "anti-slavery," the republican governors in over ten states now require photo ID's that discourages and presents a voter's tax on the poor and mostly minorities.

You know nothing about "true" republicanism.

You're the one who needs to buy that bridge; you've bought everything else the republicans have been offering up for the past three decades.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 03:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
David, I didn't read your last post; it's full of bull ****!@
U have made yourself an OBVIOUS LIAR.
IF u did not read my post,
THEN it is IMPOSSIBLE for u to have judged its quality (as u did).

U bring shame on yourself, C.I.

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 03:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
If I'm the liar, then why are you challenged so often with your claims about so many topics on a2k?

1. Declaration of Independence; necessary to declare independence as a country.
2. Constitution: is based on the Declaration of Independence. *without which would make no sense.

Simple concept for most; but you have difficulty with spacial ideas. 1 is the basis for 2. 2 is the extension of 1.

If there is no 1, 2 would not exist. They are part and parcel of the country that is now called the United States of America.

The Constitution is the extension of the Declaration of Independence; there is no way to "separate" the two.
oralloy

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 11:57 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
MontereyJack wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Yeah. Maybe 15 or 2O years ago, I heard that the firm
that sells Sara Lee cake had donated $$ to propagate anti-freedom
efforts, to curtail, or to end by law, my right to personal defense
from predatory violence; i.e., if I bawt their cake (as I was doing),
I 'd thereby contribute to the subversion of the 2nd Amendment
and thereby subversion of my own right to exist.
I had a choice to make. I never got into boycotting.
( I DID get into financing pro-freedom efforts.)
In 2008, the USSC supported the pro-freedom side of the argument, anyway.

Thank you for telling me about SaraLee, David. I like their frozen cakes, and now I think I'll have to buy them more often because of their freedom-from-gun-violence position.

Bon appetite; we freedom-lovers have the USSC on our side.

WE WON.

U suppressionists lost in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. Multiple be the chuckles!!!!!

When Obama wins and Scalia bursts a blood vessel in mid-rant, those who favor original intent will have the chance to reconsider the defective Heller and restore the 2nd Amendment to its true original intent, which was clearly talking solely about arms in relation to militias, not any neo-revisionist individual right. You, sir, are engaging in revisionist activism of the worst sort.

No. Obama and his supporters don't favor original intent, for either the Second Amendment or for the Constitution.

If you favored original intent for the Second Amendment, you would be complaining that the government does not have a proper armed militia as the Second Amendment demands.

It is rather silly for you to happily accept a circumstance that violates the Second Amendment, and then claim you favor its original intent.

And if you favored original intent for the Constitution as a whole, you would not be complaining so much about the Supreme Court's recent rulings, since the Ninth Amendment protects the right of citizens to carry guns while they go about in public.

The fact that the Supreme Court found the right in the Second Amendment instead of in the Ninth is a trivial matter.

And no, no revisionist activism on OmSigDAVID's part. All he is doing is defending freedom as the Framers intended all Americans to have.

That said, your post does make crystal clear a vital point:

Barack Obama hates the Constitution and wants to take our freedom away!

I will be sure to remember that point this November when I am in the voting booth. I deem it especially important to vote only for those politicians who receive an endorsement from the NRA in the coming election.

The NRA is very good at determining the views of politicians, and often provides endorsements even for local candidates, so voters can make their entire ballot an exercise in the defense of freedom.

Speaking of Scalia, did you hear his recent comment that he was open to the possibility that American civilians have the right to have Stinger Missiles?

Quote:
SCALIA: We'll see. I mean, obviously, the amendment does not apply to arms that cannot be hand-carried. It's to keep and bear. So, it doesn't apply to cannons. But I suppose there are handheld rocket launchers that can bring down airplanes that will have to be -- it will have to be decided.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday/2012/07/29/justice-antonin-scalia-issues-facing-scotus-and-country/print

Very nice! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 12:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
That is really foolish.
I don't wanna get involved in the stupidity of ad hominem rancor with u,
but your post grossly distorts history.
In the HELLER case, the USSC sets forth the evolutionary history of the 2nd Amendment.
We know what the filosofy of the Founders was. Thay were not shy nor bashful
about telling us. Their freedom-loving writings survive in abundance.
( I cud easily re-produce them here n now, if I were less lazy.)
Thay dreaded and opposed what we now call "police forces"
(which did not exist in the USA at the time, nor in colonial times),
preferring that everyone defend himself, individually, as thay had been doing.

For defense from bears, cougars, street criminals, packs of dogs and Indians, each citizen was left to his gun,
the same as his clothes protect him from the cold of winter. James Butler Hickok began to hunt at age 9.
Annie Oakley 's mother sent her out to hunt at age 8.
She became an expert shot. Yes ?

Your posted ideas r Looney Tune fantasy.
James Madison ran many marksmanship competitions, giving prizes.
Thomas Jefferson wrote to his 12 year old nephew cautioning him
to always take his gun with him, when he goes out for a walk; nothing about licensure.
1OO% FREEDOM, not licensure; "equal protection of the laws"
as it was expressed later, in the Constitution. Gunnery licensure was unheard of.

On the Aristotelian square of logical opposition, the 2nd Amendment
is an E proposition: a UNIVERSAL NEGATIVE proposition.
"A well regulated militia [i.e., a private militia] being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." NO exceptions; no apologies
[All emfasis has been added by David.]

If a man were too dangerous, take care of the man.
Forget his tools.

No, sorry, you're the reinterpretationist. Pre-US English Common Law, which is the law we were under, and formed the foundation for US law, is rife with examples of gun control law, as is post-Constitution 18th and 19th century America, since the 2nd Amend. ONLY applied to militia. The 2nd Amendment, AS IT SAYS SPECIFICALLY, is about the militia, which was NOT private but was always under the authority of the civil government, both Colonial and Republic. It was the enforcement arm of civil authority and was directed by that authority.

Unless you can point to a proper armed militia for the Second Amendment to apply to, it is pretty silly to try to argue that the Second Amendment applies only to that militia.

But regardless, the Ninth Amendment protects the right of American citizens to carry guns as they go about in public. So even if you were in a position to credibly argue that the Second Amendment applies only to the militia, that would not change anything regarding the people's right to carry guns.

MontereyJack wrote:
It's function was in lieu of a standing army, and as such had organizational and euqipment needs, and a need to avoid cooptation by any faction, which had happened in England, and which the 2A was designed to prevent.

Nonsense. Cooptation by factions is not even remotely what the Second Amendment was designed to prevent.

The Second Amendment was designed to prevent the federal government from either disarming or disbanding the militia.

MontereyJack wrote:
It had NO relation to individual rights.

Wrong again. It clearly protects the right of individual militiamen to own military weapons and to keep them in their own home.

MontereyJack wrote:
It's only the NRA and similar revisionists in the 20th century who redefined it to fit their own agenda. And you.

The right of ordinary citizens to carry guns when they go out in public is more properly found in the Ninth Amendment.

However, placing it under the Second is trivial. It is the same right no matter which amendment it is classified under.

MontereyJack wrote:
And, I might add, we do NOW have police, and they are constitutional, and they are the legal arm of enforcement.

The existence of the police does not in any way supersede the requirement that the nation maintain a proper armed militia.

Nor does it obviate the right of the general citizenry to carry guns when they go out in public.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 12:07 pm
I've decided oralboy is correct.

first I'm going to start driving by my m-1 abrams tank anywhere I wish.

then I will look into a slip over to the lake for the nuclear submarine that I intend to purchase.
oralloy

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 12:22 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
I've decided oralboy is correct.

Your use of name-calling is a strong indicator that you are unable to compose an intelligent argument.

But yes. I am indeed correct. Thank you for noticing.

Rockhead wrote:
first I'm going to start driving by my m-1 abrams tank anywhere I wish.

Expensive vehicle there. I bet it is expensive to keep it fueled as well.

Still, I cannot fault you your taste in transportation.

I advise caution regarding "driving it anywhere" however. It may cause excessive wear and tear on roads by putting more weight on them than they are designed to support, and that may greatly agitate local authorities who are responsible for the upkeep of such roads.

Rockhead wrote:
then I will look into a slip over to the lake for the nuclear submarine that I intend to purchase.

Unlikely that you could afford such a purchase, much less safely operate it all by yourself.

I recommend that you stick to having fun with your tank.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 12:39 pm
we so need a sarcasm smiley...
oralloy

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 02:30 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
we so need a sarcasm smiley...

I'd like them to come up with a frown.

Many times I'd like to frown at something that I disapprove of, but there is no appropriate emoticon. The closest things available are anger, sadness, and outright sobbing. But none of those are really the right thing when all you really want to do is frown in disapproval. 2 Cents
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 02:35 pm
@oralloy,
I agree.

But this Mad sorta looks like a frown. I've actually used it for that purpose.
0 Replies