What would it take for you to vote for the other guy?

Chumly

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 10:26 am
What would it take for me to vote for the other guy? I guess I would have to be able to vote first (I'm Canadian).
RABEL222

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 04:08 pm
@Chumly,
I thought one of our problems according too conservatives was illegals voting. You should fit right in.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:13 am
He would need to change his name back to Barry, and get Bar Mitzvahed. Assuming he won't do that, I'll vote for the Mormon guy, who at least thinks of non-Mormons as "Gentiles."
djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:21 am
i always vote for the other guy
djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:24 am
@djjd62,
and a few times the other gal

an election or so back the green party woman was a real cutie
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:49 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

He would need to change his name back to Barry, and get Bar Mitzvahed. Assuming he won't do that, I'll vote for the Mormon guy, who at least thinks of non-Mormons as "Gentiles."

It should be noted that this post was submitted as the USA's entry in this year's international "Dumbest Reasons to Vote for a Political Candidate" award contest, held annually in Montevideo, Uruguay.

It came in fifth.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:05 pm
@joefromchicago,
What is the biggest mystery for this voter is that according to the NYT, the electoral vote now stands at Obama 217 and Romney 206.

I really can't understand how this can happen when Romney alienates minorities, women, and the younger generation.

Quote:
Hispanic vote grows, shifts to Democrats

HISPANIC VOTE GROWS

By Jill Lawrence, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Hispanic voters surged this week and swung their support to the Democratic Party, helping flip four states to winner Barack Obama in a trend that poses challenges for Republicans in future elections.
Obama made huge gains nationally, according to surveys of voters leaving the polls. He won 67% of the Hispanic vote — 23 percentage points higher than President Bush's showing in 2004.

Dramatic rises in Hispanic participation, support or both put Obama over the top in Florida, Nevada, New Mexico and Colorado. The trends were similar in Arizona and Texas, though the two states went for Republican John McCain. The group also made its presence felt in Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina.

Quote:
Why Asian Americans will vote Democratic this November (Rep. Mike Honda)
By Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.) - 10/27/10 12:21 PM ET

Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) are a community to be reckoned with in American politics, John Feehery correctly posited in The Hill's Pundit Blog publishing of "Asian American Republicans" on Oct. 25, 2010. There are currently over 16 million Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the US, and our community's rate of naturalization and political participation is drastically increasing. Feehery errs, however, when he argues that the Republican Party is the one that draws the support of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.

As vice chair of the Democratic National Committee and chair of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus, I know that he is irrefutably mistaken.

Firstly, AAPIs are trending Democratic by a landslide. In 2008, 62 percent of AAPIs supported President Barack Obama, while 35 percent supported Sen. John McCain, according to national data. These Democratic leanings are even more evident when the community is broken down by ethnic subgroup -- for example, more than 90 percent of South Asians voted for President Obama in 2008.

How can Romney be so close on electoral votes?

From Yahoo Answers.
Quote:
Why do young people vote democrat and old people vote republican accrording to some survey?
6 years ago Report Abuse

Mel
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Probably because young people believe the media to be truth and most of the media is liberal. With age comes wisdom and the ability to think for yourself and research your beliefs and support the party that most closly resembles your beliefs. Not to mention younger people are concerned with what directly affects them at the moment so they are more likely to take the view of the democrats (liberals) wheras older people concern themselfs with a broader perspective of whats going on and how actions will affect the future and how money affects things. Just a guess on my count though, Im in the "young" catagory and not only republican, but (for the most part) a Bush supporter.

Quote:
Do women vote democrat or republican more?
Thanks in advance
3 years ago Report Abuse

Ashlee
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Most women vote Democrat.

Woman here. I vote Democrat.

Yes, some women do vote GOP. People like "iluvmyhubby" ... because hubby tells them to vote Republican. Do as hubby says.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 05:42 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I'll vote for the Mormon guy, who at least thinks of non-Mormons as "Gentiles."

How should Mitt think of non-Mormons?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 05:46 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Why do Mormons consider Jews to be "Gentiles"?
Foofie

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 11:59 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Why do Mormons consider Jews to be "Gentiles"?

As Jimmy Durante used to say, "Everyone wants to get into the act!"

Have you noticed that there are people that subscribe to the Ten Commandments? Have you noticed that there are people that read the Old Testament? Well, put the "Gentile thing" in that category, in my opinion.

Once again, Jews as innovators show non-Jews that something should be adopted (aka, "taken over").

P.S.: Are you aware that one of the negative stereotypes for Jews is that "Jews take over"? Now that is classic "projection" from Psych 101!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 10:14 pm
If some Republican dirty tricks operative releases massive quantities of LSD into the air conditioning system at the Democratic Convention and all the delegates go gaga and nominate Michele Bachman as their candidate, then I'd vote for Romney.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 11:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
MJ, Quit giving them ideas; they're not totally innocent of bad gamesmanship.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 11:29 pm
Too true, ci, too true.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 12:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
When we see the GOP trying to institute laws that requires voters to have government issued picture ID's, and the conservatives don't see the problems inherent in such action, just proves they are all tainted.

Even after it's been proven that voter fraud has never been an issue in those states they are implementing this requirement.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 12:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Another thought; republicans are so fraudulent in most things they do in government today, it's a wonder so many Americans believe in their goals to destroy this country of the free.

They don't compromise in congress to get anything done for the American people.

Their primary goal is to make our first black President a one term President even after taking over from a republican president that left our country and the whole world in a financial crisis, and they continue to complain that employment is not high enough - when the whole world is in recession. Republicans fail to understand that what's happening in Europe affects our country too! That's beyond the control of President Obama.

There's no cure for st......
Miller

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 07:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

they continue to complain that employment is not high enough -

Unemployment went up to 8.3 percent today.

And some retirement and after tax annuities are now refusing to take any more contributions and may even just close their doors.

With 4 more years of Obama, unemployment could top an nationsl average of 9 percent.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

...Their primary goal is to make our first black President a one term President even after taking over from a republican president that left our country and the whole world in a financial crisis, and they continue to complain that employment is not high enough - when the whole world is in recession...

In my opinion, it's mostly the Democrats that are making the President the "first black President." I believe many Republicans just like the conservative values that they hope a Republican candidate will have, regardless of the candidate's complexion. There were Black advisers under Bush. Weren't they Republicans?

If you haven't noticed, outlawing abortion would save many Black babies from annihilation. All conservative values are not antithetical to the Black community.

Sorry, for proving your argument bogus. Don't feel too humiliated.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:38 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie, You're one of the most ignorant posters on a2k, and wonder why I even bother, but here are the facts.

Quote:
McConnell: Stopping Obama’s re-election still ‘single most important’ goal'

By David Edwards
Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:30 EDT

Nothing "bogus" on my part; I know how to read and comprehend what I read.
Evidently, you don't.

Maybe, a video will help you comprehend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc
Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Foofie, You're one of the most ignorant posters on a2k, and wonder why I even bother, but here are the facts.

Quote:
McConnell: Stopping Obama’s re-election still ‘single most important’ goal'

By David Edwards
Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:30 EDT

Nothing "bogus" on my part; I know how to read and comprehend what I read.
Evidently, you don't.

Maybe, a video will help you comprehend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

Not interested Your Westcoastship.
joefromchicago

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:43 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
In my opinion, it's mostly the Democrats that are making the President the "first black President."

I think his father had a lot more to do with that.