which animal would you like to take as a pet?

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 04:16 am
Nowadays, with the heavy work pressure, people feel like to feed the animals to release the pressure and make the spare time more colorful ,so which animal would you like to take ? most commonly , a cat or a dog ? for my own , i prefer to the dog , as the dog has many features similar to our human-beings,such as serious and loyal to our master and so on , so dear friend, what about your opinion?Would you like to share with me?Warmly welcome to have a discussion !!!

dalehileman

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 12:14 pm
@alice12345,
The dog is smarter and apparently more responsive (even to suggest a sense of humor), more human as you say but can be a danger if not just a nuisance to its neighbors, and just as a child, requires more care

The cat, if spayed, is less bothersome to its community but not terribly smart, and it’s accused of being aloof

The pig is as friendly but smarter but unfortunately for him, also ugly; and doubtless would eat a whole lot more, be much more difficult to care for in many ways
roger

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 12:16 pm
@dalehileman,
Sense of humor; definately. Canine humor can be on the heavy side, but it's definately there.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 01:19 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
The cat, if spayed, is less bothersome to its community but not terribly smart,

Depends on what you consider smart. In some ways you could consider a cat smarter. The cat will not in most cases walk on a leash - I consider that smart - I mean does a human want to walk on a leash - don't blame a cat he wants to be free.

When a dog gets into trouble, you are yelling at him (or in some cases about to smack him on the nose) - you call him, even though he knows he is in the doghouse (pun intended) - he will come. A cat being smarter will take off - the cat knows he will be scolded or hit or nothing good is going to come on answering to your call so smartly he takes off out of reach.

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 04:19 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
The cat, if spayed, is less bothersome to its community but not terribly smart, and it’s accused of being aloof...

You're obviously not a cat owner, or had any /much experience with them.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 04:46 pm
@Reyn,
Quote:
You're obviously not a cat owner
Why Rein do you so presume
Reyn

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 07:51 am
@dalehileman,
Because a cat owner knows that cats are are smart and wiley.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 10:00 am
@Reyn,
Rey I didn’t realize how controversial

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/kittykorner/2011/10/cats-might-be-smarter-than-dogs/
dalehileman

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 10:24 am
@dalehileman,
The Freudian interpretation might be pertinent, where dog represents male and cat, female; eg, wily
roger

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 10:27 am
@dalehileman,
Trust me, Dale, an unneutered tom cat is conspicuously male.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 10:43 am
@roger,
Rog the Freudian aspect is largely independent of the creature’s sex, it merely notes that in man y ways feline behavior more nearly typifies the female psych and dog, male

Sure, it’s controversial
Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 12:51 pm
@dalehileman,
I have owned both cats and dogs and love both.

Honestly I think in general people tend to like dogs more because they are not like people. They are loyal to a fault, they want to please you, they are loving, and no matter what (you can kick the thing) and they will still adore you.

Cats are more like most people - they want you to be loyal to them, they want you to please them, they do want pleases them, and no matter whether they claw you or bite you they still get you to feed them and care for them.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 03:25 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
people tend to like dogs more
Evidently they’re about neck & neck

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=do+people+prefer+dogs+or+cats&oq=do+people+prefer+dogs+or+cats&gs_l=hp.3..0j0i8i30j0i22l2.2874.10845.0.11077.29.21.0.8.8.0.357.2890.0j20j0j1.21.0...0.0.vs5kv14-Rtk&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=c6c71ebb4be7d8a&biw=1588&bih=841

But my input concerns certain subconscious correlations as cited by Freud

Incidentally—also OT-- how do you condense a link and shouldn’t it happen automatically
ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 03:32 pm
@dalehileman,
Freud already!

Osso rolls her eyes.

(Do not call me Oss one more time or I'll yell at you)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 03:41 pm
@dalehileman,
You insert the link between these -

[url=the lengthy razzmataz] and then what you want to say about the link and then [/url].
Easily done by clicking on the URL button, and then inserting the razzmataz as I described.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 06:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks Buco, I’d like to try it but not sure what you mean by “URL button” nor how to insert “razzmataz” etc except by spelling it out
ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 06:41 pm
@dalehileman,
Don't call me buco either. You in particular are not allowed.

The URL button is at the near top of the screen of the BBC code Editor, which I remember your being pointed to early on, I think more than once.
You can see the words Open BBCode Editor above the reply box.

To insert what I call razzmataz, that is, the URL, copy and paste it and put it into
the sequence I told you -

[url= - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -]name it, for example, How to make taffy[/url].

I hope you understand that as I plan to avoid responding to you in the future.

space007

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:19 am
@alice12345,
I have a dog and a cat, my brother has a bird.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 07:10 am
@space007,
wonder what freud would think about the bird pet ownership
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 10:12 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I hope you understand that as I plan to avoid responding to you in the future.
Thank you OB for your patience and yes, no, please don’t feel obliged to reply or even to read my posts