which animal would you like to take as a pet?

dalehileman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 10:48 am
@dalehileman,
[url=How to make taffy]http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=do+people+prefer+dogs+or+cats&oq=do+people+prefer+dogs+or+cats&gs_l=hp.3..0j0i8i30j0i22l2.2874.10845.0.11077.29.21.0.8.8.0.357.2890.0j20j0j1.21.0...0.0.vs5kv14-Rtk&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=c6c71ebb4be7d8a&biw=1588&bih=841/url]

Alas, that didn’t work

How to make taffey

dalehileman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 11:51 am
@dalehileman,
How to make taffy
dalehileman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 12:25 pm
@dalehileman,
For the participant wishing to know how it’s done

http://able2know.org/topic/192964-1
roger

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 12:30 pm
@dalehileman,
You can also click the quote button. That will display the entire post, including every single formatting code.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 12:34 pm
@space007,
I had a crow for several yers. Crows are smarter thandogs nd cats combined. They have an ability to recognize themselves in amirror (try that with ther a dog or cat, they will either attack or ply with their reflction ).

My crow would hop around, ould only crap in thetoilet, nd he hd men trek that enabled him to swindle dog or cat food from either of thsoe two.
, I once taught him to pick up dimes. He was so good that he started going around the house stealing change and giving it to me by making these piles on the kitchen tble. If my dad would pick up the change the cro went berserk, scolding until dad put the change back down. I creted a monster , but I always had ice cream money.
sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 12:38 pm
@farmerman,
I love crows! Always wanted to have one. How did this one come to be yours?
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 12:54 pm
@sozobe,
well, rather inauspiciously. He was fledging and sort of plummeted into a bush next to a fence. I went and untangled him and he was startled and knocked stupid for a bit. He then recouperated and my Dad thought itd be cool to keep im and my mom lost the whole thing. (She later learnd to love Murphy (she named it) and was often seen feeing it by hand and talking to it. Murphy was as chatty as a siamese. Hed sort of make muffled caws, chips, and clicks. He was a cool bird. I took him into shw and tell (I was about 9) and still in Catholic school. The nun said that he was EVIL. I cried (what a wussie I was, I shoulda decked the old wombat) The love of my life carried Murphy home(he sat on her shoulder and did NOT ****, I was in heaven and my dad was the one who started calling Sr Consolata a wombat. I hadda look it up and next day I was called to Momma Superior for passing around the name Sr Mar WOmbat. I was sent home to reflect on it and my dad came to school and made the point that none of Gods creatures was inherently evil and he talked a good one about St Francis . Momma Superior couldnt just leave it lie so I was punished and my dad winked at me and gave me a lecture about ho e uck it up and accept things that are not fair and righteous. He was ahead of his time

But I digress.

Murphy was my best bud for quite a while, e had Irish setters who ere, compred to Murphy, about as dumb as ants are to hunabs. Irish setters are about the stupidest of domesticated animals. I think that there was a multi genic (SNP) ffect thatm when they begn breeding Irish setters for looks and conformity, the same gene expressed native intelligence and there as an inverse reltionship, (The prettier the dog, the stupider), Sorta like a lot of humans on tv. They know they will be "kept" so why bother learning any skills
dalehileman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 01:04 pm
@roger,
Aha! thank you Rog, I’d forgotten about that one
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 02:00 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, I had an exceptionally stupid Irish Setter/ Golden Retriever mix.

Murphy sounds wonderful -- how long did you have him?

It sounds like he wasn't caged or anything, he just liked to hang out with you and your family?

Plus, hooray for your dad.
Thomas

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 02:24 pm
@dalehileman,
German shepherd dog. I hail from an old family of dog-racists, and must admit I'm continuing the tradition.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:13 pm
@farmerman,
You had a CROW?!

Well, colour me green.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 03:21 pm
@farmerman,
Great tale of Murphy the Crow and Sr. Mary Wombat.

I had one of those, way past her time (no pleasure in sex during marriage!) 'Tis a wonder some survived..

You know I didn't think our irish setter was dumb. He just had a very short attention span..
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2012 05:31 pm
@sozobe,
I had Murphy for several years. He died by a sef inflicted injury while I was at college.(I could not take him along, no pets in the dorms).Probably close to 9 years or more.
Murphy walked about pretty much free-range. He liked being outside and sitting on the washline. Hed fly at anyone who came in his range . Thi was his way of begging treats. Hed often just gently land on my shoulder and wed walk around.
He could imitate our cat"s chirping sound and meows.

I was devastated when my mom called and told me that Murphy got caught in the washline and was found hanging.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 04:10 am
@farmerman,
I wish I had a crow like yours when I was 9...super ! Very Happy
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 10:52 am
@alice12345,
A Fennec Fox.
Fortunately it's not illegal to have them in Illinois.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 10:15 pm
@farmerman,
Ah, farmer, sorry from here all this time later.
farmerman

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 10:56 pm
@ossobuco,
we learn to live with our losses. Ill allways recall Murphy;s little tricks. He was one sharp dude. Im sure I embellish some of em but he deserved only the best stories, after all he was Irish.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:08 pm
@farmerman,
Of course he was.
0 Replies

CatsBirdsFishRULE

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 12:52 pm
@alice12345,
CATS CATS AND MORE CATS I LOVE CATS!!
0 Replies