Iowa Radio Host Says Nuns Should Be “Pistol Whipped”

parados

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 07:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Tell us truthfully, Mr. Parados:
can u only "YAWN" again, unable to find anything of interest in all of these subjects??

My point David, which you seem incapable of understanding, is I can do any of those things without joining Mensa. I can do them with a wider range of people that are probably a lot more interesting.

Oh boy... A backgammon tournament where they don't use the doubling cube, gammons or backgammons? Wow. What excitement!! Next thing they'll be playing Monopoly where you can't charge rent on your hotels.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 08:40 am
@parados,
DAVID wrote:
If someone has already made the arrangements to explore them, then Y shud I do it alone??
Am I required to be fanatically un-social ?
Am I required to re-invent the wheel ?
I don't think so.

parados wrote:
1. You wouldn't be doing it alone.
You would be joining a group dedicated solely to that activity.
That is the function of a Special Interest Group;
e.g., coin collectors collect coins & discuss them, while the SCUBA SIG goes under water.

parados wrote:
It would not be a derivative of another group.
In your mind, the derivation is significant??
I wonder Y that IS ?

parados wrote:
2. You wouldn't be doing it alone. You would be part of a group.
Yeah; that 's how it is NOW.
It seems to be working well; no complaints about it.

parados wrote:
3. Nothing to invent. It only means you are finding a group that is interested in something.
Yeah. Its ez.
I just advertize it in the social calendar of the local Mensa newsletter.

parados wrote:
4.No, you don't think it seems.
I 've been hearing a lot of EMOTION in your voice, Mr. Parados.
I just can 't imagine the reason for that. Yeah, I just can 't think of anything to explain that.
U 've told us that u read the entire Encyclopedia Americana
by the time u were 16. I fully believe u.

Quote:
Mensa offers good places to find chicks.
parados wrote:
That must be why women join. Rolling Eyes

I'm guessing that even in Mensa many are willing to open their mouth [HOW many women is that sharing ONE "mouth", Mr. Parados??]
and remove all doubt.
(Let's see if you are smart enough to understand that reference..)
Notwithstanding your speculation,
chicks have many intellectual interests too, like guys do.

If u look at the AG Program, u 'll see that thay r very respectably represented.

David
parados

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 08:59 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Except you are restricting your group members to less than 2% of the population. If I wanted to deal with coin collectors, why would I place such a restriction on it? Some of the most knowledgeable about coin collecting are probably not Mensa members.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the concept of paragraphs David. My last paragraph has not about the women in Mensa. But I do have to admit, it does seem to apply to you.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 09:38 am
@parados,
Quote:
parados wrote:
Except you are restricting your group members to less than 2% of the population.
NOT for the SIGs; we don 't restrict, if we don 't wanna.
Mensa has no authority over the Mensan SIGs.
If I wanna run an activity for the Opulent Mensan SIG,
I am FREE to invite anyone I damn well please, and I DO.
Mensa is a very libertarian organization.
Libertarians (of whom I am one) r disproportionately well represented over the lesser 98%.

parados wrote:
If I wanted to deal with coin collectors, why would I place such a restriction on it?
I dunno. For sure WE don't.
I can even invite non-Mensan guests to plenary social meetings of Mensa
(not including the business meetings).
I HAVE invited muggles to some of the Annual Gatherings before.

parados wrote:
Some of the most knowledgeable about coin collecting are probably not Mensa members.
U might well be right,
but experience has shown
that we have a fairly decent reservoir of knowledge among the membership.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 03:18 pm
@parados,
DAVID wrote:
Tell us truthfully, Mr. Parados:
can u only "YAWN" again, unable to find anything of interest in all of these subjects??
parados wrote:
My point David, which you seem incapable of understanding,
is I can do any of those things without joining Mensa.
Is there an ADVANTAGE to that?? U wanna economize on the dues?
U'd remain free to conceal Mensan membership, if such be your choice.
(Some folks have been disinclined to intimidate the boss.)

parados wrote:
I can do them with a wider range of people that are probably a lot more interesting.
Really? I see.
I know that u r very good with statistics, Mr. Parados.
Tell me: HOW did u assess that probability ?

parados wrote:
Oh boy... A backgammon tournament where they don't use the doubling cube, gammons or backgammons? Wow.
What excitement!! Next thing they'll be playing Monopoly where you can't charge rent on your hotels.
Well, here we can AGREE.
I join in your lack of interest in Backgammon,
but I will not stand in the way of others who have fun with it.

Re-iterating again:
at 1:30 PM on Friday, I was intensely drawn to 5
simultaneously scheduled presentations. It broke my heart that I cud not attend all of them.

In any case, permit me to re-iterate my earlier question to u
concerning whether out of ALL of those topics offered for discussion,
u found NOTHING of interest to u, Mr. Parados???
Nothing ??

David
parados

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 04:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Let's play a statistical game.

In order to get into Mensa you have to be in the top 2% of IQ.
Many in that top 2% don't join Mensa.
Let's for arguments sake, say 1% of the population is in Mensa.

That means you are not going to see 99% of the population at a Mensan SIG.

What do you think is the probability that 1% of the population will be more interesting than the other 99%.
spendius

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 05:25 pm
@parados,
Quote:

As long as you pay the fees. The ability to ante up the cost of the test automatically signifies your excellence.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 06:13 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Let's play a statistical game.

Many in that top 2% don't join Mensa.
Let's for arguments sake, say 1% of the population is in Mensa.

That means you are not going to see 99% of the population at a Mensan SIG.

What do you think is the probability that 1% of the population
will be more interesting than the other 99%.
OK, let's put it this way: he who stands the HIGHEST, can see the farthest.
Do u opine Nikola Tesla to have been "more interesting than the other 99%."??
How about Al Einstein? Was he more interesting to u??
Do u find Isaac Newton to have been of much interest?
Will u dispute that thay were more intelligent than the rest of the populace?

Do u imagine that the top 2% of the population make most of the best discoveries,
or maybe the bottom 2%, or some 2% in the middle??

OK, now that I have answered YOUR question,
will u answer mine, to wit:
out of ALL of those topics offered for discussion at the Annual Gathering,
u found NOTHING of interest to u, Mr. Parados??????????????
Nothing???

Inquiring minds wanna know.

David
parados

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 08:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Now you are confusing being the most intelligent with being the most interesting. Don't you understand anything David? Intelligence makes someone intelligent. It doesn't make them interesting nor does it make them more interesting than another person with less intelligence.

I would find Tesla interesting if I was interested in electricity. If I was interested in horse breeding, he would probably be one of the most boring idiots around. (I would also suggest not talking business with Tesla.) If I wanted to talk Physics, Einstein would probably be quite interesting. If I wanted to play a game of backgammon or discuss the history of Greek theater, he would probably be quite boring.

Quote:

Do u imagine that the top 2% of the population make most of the best discoveries,
I can do math, but it seems you can't. I refuse to restrict myself to any 2%. Why not allow yourself to mix with 100%? Sometimes people that claim to be smart are really quite stupid. I find that boring.
Lustig Andrei

Wed 11 Jul, 2012 08:41 pm
@parados,
Quite a number of the most boring (and often quite stupid, imo) people I have met all had PhDs.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 12 Jul, 2012 01:15 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Now you are confusing being the most intelligent with being the most interesting.
Don't you understand anything David?
Yes, I don't, Mr. Parados.
I don't understand anything.
I have never understood a thing. <sarcasm>

parados wrote:
Intelligence makes someone intelligent.
It doesn't make them interesting nor does it make them more interesting than another person with less intelligence.
I prefer not to confer with fools; that 's Y I speak to U.

parados wrote:
I would find Tesla interesting if I was interested in electricity. If I was interested in horse breeding, he would probably be one of the most boring idiots around. (I would also suggest not talking business with Tesla.) If I wanted to talk Physics, Einstein would probably be quite interesting. If I wanted to play a game of backgammon or discuss the history of Greek theater, he would probably be quite boring.
There is something sparkling (figuratively speaking), magnetic about intelligence in others, especially the young.
I like it in chicks, too.

DAVID wrote:
parados wrote:
I can do math, but it seems you can't.
U r unwilling even to "imagine" it.

parados wrote:
I refuse to restrict myself to any 2%. Why not allow yourself to mix with 100%?
I do that whenever I go out into the world. I don't think that 's a tremendous, big deal; kind of ordinary.
I don't live in a Gated Community of Mensans.

parados wrote:
Sometimes people that claim to be smart are really quite stupid. I find that boring.
I don't believe that I have ever met anyone who has made that claim.

Mr. Parados, I 'm not going to re-iterate yet again my question qua whether u found ANYTHING at all to be of interest
in all of those scheduled presentations at the last American Mensa AG in Reno a few days ago.

By now, I accept your tacit refusal to address my repeatedly redundant question.
That line of inquiry appears to have exhausted its probative value.
That seems odd; lacking in enuf mental flexibility to admit (tho u have not denied it, either)
what is obvious to most intelligent men, among whom I include u, in my mind.

I believe that u studied calculus, as u said, and that u read
the entire Encyclopedia Americana b4 age 16, as u said, but
I 'd be in default of candor in failing to acknowledge the magnitude
of the dichotomy in your multiple posts between your denotation and your conspicuous connotation.
U allege that u r of Mensa quality I.Q., but that u have rejected Mensa, yet in post after post after post
the tacit roar of emotional misery of exclusion that u project into this thread is most prodigious.
( I bet u came close. )

I suspect that I have hit a sore point, from the tenor of your posts.
(The Parados "doth protest too much, methinks" [Hamlet Act 3, scene 2], tho I don't mind.)

It will not surprize me if u afflict us with acrimonious hysteria, in response.

We 'll see.

Don 't feel too bad. I wish u the best.

David

ehBeth

Thu 12 Jul, 2012 06:27 am
@Lustig Andrei,
100% in agreement with Parados and Lustig Andrei.

Intelligence is no indicator of how interesting a person is to interact with.

OmSigDAVID

Thu 12 Jul, 2012 07:20 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
100% in agreement with Parados and Lustig Andrei.

Intelligence is no indicator of how interesting a person is to interact with.
Did u find any of the presentations of the Annual Gathering
that I posted to be INTERESTING, Beth ?

( I did not actually complete posting the entire convention program,
in that it was rather lengthy; I left out Saturday,
but I don't sense that there is impassioned desire that I fully post the whole thing. )

David
parados

Thu 12 Jul, 2012 07:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
(The Parados "doth protest too much, methinks" [Hamlet Act 3, scene 2], tho I don't mind.)

It seems you are unfamiliar with the meaning of "protest" in that statement.

Actually, it would be you protesting your admiration of Mensa that has been too much if you really want to reference Gertrude in Hamlet.

I have never said I am not interested in topics that members of Mensa might be interested in. I have stated I see no reason to restrict my interest to such a narrow group when I want to explore that interest. It seems you can't even understand that simple concept. My not restricting myself to such a narrow group means I could care less that you have listed their entire agenda. I didn't read it. I don't care to read it. I have better things to do with my time, like make fun of you.

Quote:
I don't believe that I have ever met anyone who has made that claim.
Actually, that description fits you to a T David. You constantly trumpet how you are a member of Mensa. Then you proceed to bore us all with your stupid gun fetish.

By the way, since you never closed your "Sarcasm" code can I assume your entire post after you opened the sarcasm code was an attempt at sarcasm? It would add some intelligence to your highlighting my grammar usage compared to your spelling. Otherwise it shows you are so caught up in being smart that you refuse to act smart.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 12 Jul, 2012 07:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David, I'm not much for attending presentations in areas other than Early Music - and I'm quite fussy about the experts in that area.

I'm more likely to go to concerts or to attend events where I can dance or participate in some physically active way.

Going to mixed-interest conferences doesn't appeal to me. I want high-level experts in my particular areas of interest. For example, I recently went to the International Belly Dance Conference of Canada - 4 full days of classes, workshops and seminars with the world's experts in the tradition. I had 10 hours of classes with Mahmoud Reda - who is, in effect, the Gene Kelly of Egyptian folkloric dance.

So, bottom-line, what I saw wouldn't have appealed to me. Some of the topics were interesting in a general way - but not at the level I'd be interested in. I acknowledge I'm very particular about how I use my time.
0 Replies