Iowa Radio Host Says Nuns Should Be “Pistol Whipped”

JTT

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 08:47 am
@ehBeth,
It has always amazed me that one track mind OmSig was, supposedly, a lawyer and that he is also, supposedly, a member of Mensa. Obviously, they'll take any old fool.
ehBeth

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 08:52 am
@JTT,
Mensa's harder to stay out of than to get into.
parados

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 09:51 am
@ehBeth,
Mensa is full of people that didn't have the sense to stay out of it.
OmSigDAVID

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 09:58 am
@JTT,
DAVID wrote:
NO. Thay were radicals.
JTT wrote:

Nothing much has changed since then, Om. Successive US governments have been radical war criminals/terrorists/depraved monsters that have preyed on the poor, the innocent of the world. But this is something that you approve of, right?
I don 't chose to involve myself in the conclusions of your hallucinations, J,
but I approve of most of the history of American foreign policy.

David
OmSigDAVID

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 10:00 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
It sounds like someone is jealous.

David
OmSigDAVID

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 10:03 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Mensa's harder to stay out of than to get into.
Have u tried ?
JTT

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 10:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I don 't chose to involve myself in the conclusions of your hallucinations, J, ...

This cowardly behavior is typical of you, Om. The facts illustrate that you and those like you are the delusional ones. Yet you dishonestly, what's new there, try to suggest it's me who describes this depraved behavior when it's actually American government sources, scholars, American witnesses.

But keep on with your delusions, Sig. I really think it's time for you to change your Depends. It's coming out your mouth.

OmSigDAVID

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:08 am
@JTT,
DAVID wrote:
I don 't chose to involve myself in the conclusions of your hallucinations, J, ...
JTT wrote:

This cowardly behavior is typical of you, Om. The facts illustrate that you and those like you are the delusional ones. Yet you dishonestly, what's new there, try to suggest it's me who describes this depraved behavior when it's actually American government sources, scholars, American witnesses.

But keep on with your delusions, Sig. I really think it's time for you to change your Depends. It's coming out your mouth.
When we first met a few years ago on a grammar-related thread,
I did not yet know that u r mentally ill. It took a while for that to show thru your posts.

Now that u have made that plain,
I feel a little funny in arguing with a crazy man,
but I must admit that on seldom odd occasions,
u have said something that is actually true.
ehBeth

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
oh yeahhhhh

not a lot of fun to be had there
Lustig Andrei

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:16 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh, fagad'ssakes! Anybody with a high school education can easily pass those dumb entrance tests for Mensa. I've taken two or three at least and always decided against asking to join a bunch of pompous asses who, for some obscure reason,think they're smarter than average. Talk about 'elitism.' That's the classic example.
ehBeth

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:19 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
decided against asking to join a bunch of pompous asses who, for some obscure reason,think they're smarter than average.

you don't even have to ask. On a couple of occasions I was invited to join after inadvertently attending Mensa get-togethers. The parties were too dreary for words.

A walk on the beach with dogs is more intellectually stimulating.
JTT

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,
That's the best that a purported mensan, a supposedly ex lawyer can do, Om, just repeat the same old lines, over and over again.

You continuously and studiously ignore all the central issues, the facts, the truth, in favor of your tangential inanities.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:48 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

A walk on the beach with dogs is more intellectually stimulating.

and the Hare Krishna temple folk served better food

(everyone was looking for members - political parties, religions, Mensa ... we were looking for parties with food Laughing )
JTT

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:54 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Talk about 'elitism.' That's the classic example.

Another great one is the Pet Peeves of English threads, Merry? Haven't I see you there clucking and snickering with the peevists?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:54 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Over the last 3O some-odd years in Mensa,
I don 't remember seeing pomposity.

HOW did u come by that information ?

David
OmSigDAVID

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 12:04 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

oh yeahhhhh

not a lot of fun to be had there
We have all kinds of activities.
Any member can begin a new SIG,
based on his interests and concerns, advertize it,
and its success will be determined by how many members attend it.

Any member who wishes to IMPROVE UPON an extant SIG
can begin his own, executing such changes.

Incidentally, Beth: some of the FMs
started dancing SIGs, including belly-dancing. U like that ?

I started the Opulent Mensan SIG,
which is a NY fine dining group, for the most part.
We travel too.

We r going to Reno next week.
Some of my people r there now.

David
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 12:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Over the last 3O some-odd years in Mensa,
I don 't remember seeing pomposity.

HOW did u come by that information ?

David

You must hang out with a different group of eggheads from the ones I've met. But, then,most of my contacts were in Boston and that's Harvard/MIT and 200 other colleges and unis country where the level of academic hubrys and self-adulation is not only endemic but can become positively overwhelming and nauseating.

Out of all the Mensa people I've ever met there was only one I actually liked. And, interestingly enough, he was a Harvard Law grad, Phi Beta Kappa in his undergraduate work at B.U. and practicing mostly criminal law (first Amendment a specialty) in Pittsburgh, PA. He was a member who never attended a single Mensa meeting (according to him) and maintained his membership only for the newsletter and professional contacts. Unfortulately, he passed on a couple of years ago.
ossobuco

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 01:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Fun post, Beth, and I assume completely true.

Sounds like Hollywood Blvd. back in the day, not that I knew that scene personally (I was already older) except for repeated presence at a vietnamese restaurant, but I heard a lot about it, off and on. The daughter of my husband's family's friends, the daughter he and his brother both had crushes on, was recruited to the Children of God there, and the family never saw her again.
0 Replies

parados

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 02:14 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:
It sounds like someone is jealous.

David

I agree with Groucho. I wouldn't join any society that would accept me as a member. That might be good sense on my part. But does it make me jealous? No. If I was jealous I would have joined.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 05:48 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Re: raprap (Post 5025094)

Quote:
-american-nuns-kidnapped-raped-murdered-by-american-trained-salvadoran-death-squad/

Does that really happen - does the US actually train death squads? It all seems so unlikely, impossible really.

I remember watching that great moral leader [sarcasm intended] Pat Robertson on The 700 Club as he defended that particular atrocity by that Salvadoran death squad. At first, I couldn't believe my ears. What a vicious hypocrite! Evil or Very Mad