goodness the country is changing about gays!

hilbert

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 02:46 pm
I live in a rural area in what's nearly the most red state in the country, Texas. I even live in the most red part of Texas, rural East Texas (like the Old South in many ways).

My home is in a gated community called a "Property Owners Association" (POA). I think there might be other liberals like me around, but I haven't met any of them. My POA is governed by an elected "Board of Directors".

One of the Board of Directors members is an openly gay man and lives with another man. His sexual orientation is overlooked by other members of my POA who keep electing him to the Board since he provides a valuable addition to the Board and the ability to solve association problems.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,174 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:34 pm
@hilbert,
Yes in deed but we still have a long way to go! When some can't come up with real facts...they just MAKE IT UP!

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/hold-noms-robert-george-accountable-for-the-anti-gay-regnerus-hit-job/politics/2012/06/18/41654

Quote:
NOM’s documents described a repugnant strategy of “driving a wedge” between African-Americans and gays, and of fanning hostility between them.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 08:49 pm
@hilbert,
hilbert wrote:

I live in a rural area in what's nearly the most red state in the country, Texas. I even live in the most red part of Texas, rural East Texas (like the Old South in many ways).

My home is in a gated community called a "Property Owners Association" (POA). I think there might be other liberals like me around, but I haven't met any of them. My POA is governed by an elected "Board of Directors".

One of the Board of Directors members is an openly gay man and lives with another man. His sexual orientation is overlooked by other members of my POA who keep electing him to the Board since he provides a valuable addition to the Board and the ability to solve association problems.

Well, it's nice that your neck-of-the-woods is changing. However, your thread is old news in NYC. Doesn't Texas have bigger fish to fry than focussing on gay liberation?
0 Replies