cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 09:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you know what Ann Romney's biggest fear is if Mitt wins the white house?

Read it here.
http://news.yahoo.com/ann-romney-biggest-fear-mitts-mental-well-being-000852783.html

Should Americans be worried?
ProdigiousPlatypus

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 10:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ann's true concern is that she doesn't want Mitt to move into the White House because she doesn't want to downsize.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 10:48 pm
@ProdigiousPlatypus,
Poor Mitt, can't handle downsizing into the white house; but the title will make him "bear it."
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 11:56 pm
@ProdigiousPlatypus,
ProdigiousPlatypus wrote:

Ann's true concern is that she doesn't want Mitt to move into the White House because she doesn't want to downsize.

governors mansions and university leader mansions now go unused often because those who hold those offices are unwilling to slum it. Old houses are small by current standards, these houses have often been minimally maintained and have rarely been updated, and over the years the living standards of the elite have undergone massive expansion even as the masses standard of living have stagnated. this would be ideal opportunity to discuss what has gone wrong with america, but of course all it is used for is a small bore bitch session about someone who is not liked.

Pity.
snood

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 12:50 am
Ann Romney: biggest fear is for Mitt's "mental well-being"

In an interview Thursday with television station KTVN, Mrs. Romney was asked what her biggest worry was should Mitt Romney be elected to serve in the White House.

"I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being," she said. "I have all the confidence in the world in his ability, in his decisiveness, in his leadership skills, in his understanding of the economy. ... So for me I think it would just be the emotional part of it."

http://news.yahoo.com/ann-romney-biggest-fear-mitts-mental-well-being-000852783.html

Hey, if his very own wife is worried about it, maybe we should be worried about it as well...?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:07 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Ann Romney: biggest fear is for Mitt's "mental well-being"

In an interview Thursday with television station KTVN, Mrs. Romney was asked what her biggest worry was should Mitt Romney be elected to serve in the White House.

"I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being," she said. "I have all the confidence in the world in his ability, in his decisiveness, in his leadership skills, in his understanding of the economy. ... So for me I think it would just be the emotional part of it."

Hey, if his very own wife is worried about it, maybe we should be worried about it as well...?

i have to agree....this has got to be one of the worst political wives in recent memory.....did Mitt ever bother to think this through? You dont go into battle with the wrong wife, that is one of the major rules of the game. Biden breaks down and cries constantly but you have never once have heard his wife say that she is worried about his lack of emotional strength.

so they both suck, it is not just him. not a shocker but good to know.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:36 am
In the end, it’s Mitt

With Republicans everywhere wondering what has happened to the Mitt Romney campaign, people who know the candidate personally and professionally offer a simple explanation: It’s the candidate himself.

Slowly and reluctantly, Republicans who love and work for Romney are concluding that for all his gifts as a leader, businessman and role model, he’s just not a good political candidate in this era.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81772.html?hp=t2_3
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 02:27 am
@snood,
Quote:
Slowly and reluctantly, Republicans who love and work for Romney are concluding that for all his gifts as a leader, businessman and role model, he’s just not a good political candidate in this era.

are they going to wonder about the process and the people who picked the wrong guy? maybe wonder about reforms? D's should not gloat here, they should be taking lessons on how fucked up this nation is.
sozobe

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 06:35 am
@ProdigiousPlatypus,
(This made me laugh... welcome to A2K!)
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 09:22 am
Interesting that the party that CLAIMS they want to prevent voter fraud is the same party that is caught red-handed performing widespread voter fraud. Oh, Governor Scott, your blatant attempts at getting Mittens elected are going to be foiled.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/28/florida-voter-registration_n_1923690.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Quote:
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — What first appeared to be an isolated problem in one Florida county has now spread statewide, with election officials in nine counties informing prosecutors or state election officials about questionable voter registration forms filled out on behalf of the Republican Party of Florida.

State Republican officials already have fired the vendor it had hired to register voters, and took the additional step of filing an election fraud complaint against the company, Strategic Allied Consulting, with state officials. That complaint was handed over Friday to state law-enforcement authorities.

A spokesman for Florida's GOP said the matter was being treated seriously.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 09:26 am
@jcboy,
We all know how GW Bush won; fraud perpetrated by the SC. So, what makes people think the GOP is going to clean up their act? Wanna buy a bridge I have for sale?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 09:56 am
@jcboy,
The interesting thing is the Republican National Committee is who recommended the company to the Florida Republicans.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:18 am
Bunch of crooks the whole lot of them!

Clearly mental illness combined with the deadliest recipe of racism.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/28/virginia-man-kills-family-and-himself-over-fear-obama-would-be-re-elected/

Quote:

A Virginia man allegedly killed himself and his family earlier this week in part because he was upset by the thought of President Barack Obama being re-elected.

“He felt that our God-given rights were being taken away,” a family friend identified as “Maggie L.” told The Daily Mail. “He didn’t like where the country was going.”

The friend said Albert Peterson, a defense contractor, had a history of paranoia and was also affected by a favorite uncle’s recent suicide. On Wednesday, The Washington Post reported that Peterson, his wife Kathleen and their two sons, Matthew and Christopher, were found dead in their home.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:30 am
@jcboy,
That goes to show that people have different perceptions of the same environment based on their politics and religion, and it's almost impossible to change their mind-set.

From my vantage point, I see our economy improving at a very slow pace - but improving. The value of our home and investments have been improving also.

I see the world with a positive lens although our politics in this country has shown the wear and tear of how the GOP is treating this election with their voter suppression laws, taking away women's rights to their own bodies, and slamming those who are included in the 47%.

Maybe, this will be a wake-up call for those who have a conscience, and show their displeasure by their votes. I hope so.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
I hope so too. But have serious doubts!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 10:53 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Maybe, this will be a wake-up call for those who have a conscience, and show their displeasure by their votes.

that would be voting 3rd party, and no I dont think we are sufficiently educated nor sufficiently pissed off to get there. but we will.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 11:04 am
@hawkeye10,
One big problem is that the other people who threw their hats into the ring were no great shakes, either.

Time and again, they tried to find a candidate to support other than Romney... and all of the others were worse.
JPB

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 11:09 am
@DrewDad,
GWB now out-polls Romney on favorability/unfavorability. That says a lot!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 11:22 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

GWB now out-polls Romney on favorability/unfavorability. That says a lot!

no it does not...ex's tend to go up, and those who are not doing anything to piss people off tend to have much better fav/unfav numbers than do those who are working to make a difference. Bush has been abnormally absent from leadership since he left office.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 11:35 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

One big problem is that the other people who threw their hats into the ring were no great shakes, either.

Time and again, they tried to find a candidate to support other than Romney... and all of the others were worse.

you seem to not understand how the process works...the first phase of this election happened a couple of years ago when prospects auditioned for the wealth holders and the handlers...everyone from that group then tried to get voter interest and fail to do better than Romney because

1) some of them were worse

2) Romney's "I am jello" routine works in the early stages even though as we see with mister flip flop shape shifter it does not work when people need to actually seriously consider who the joker is who sits in the oval office.

it was the shifting done by those who control the money and the talent that went bad, everything we have seen since is the bad result playing out through the other half of the election process.