Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 03:46 pm
@snood,
Why don't you...take a walk around the block.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 04:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
But the castigating is so tame. Mr Gingrich's problem was his pants. When ladies come to play such a dominant role in the election process it is necessary for those males with ambition to look good in their trousers. That is one of the reasons, possibly the principle one, why most public speakers are more comfortable behind a lectern.

Ladies, especially in a liberal society which believes they need help to control their own bodies, help always ready at hand and eager to go, tend, by dint of experience, to relate trousers to underpants in a coherent manner.

Mr Romney falls well short of Mr Obama in that important respect. Mr Obama has what we call a "swinging dick" walk.

Of course, ladies won't admit that so what they do is learn off by heart some of the simpler arguments they hear in favour of the candidate who impresses them the most and give the impression to those who don't know ladies very well that their intelligence runs along the same tracks as those of men.

jcboy

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 05:43 pm
Great article! the utter lack of knowledge that they would lose. Keep watching FAUX NOISE!

Adviser: Romney "shellshocked" by loss

Quote:
Mitt Romney's campaign got its first hint something was wrong on the afternoon of Election Day, when state campaign workers on the ground began reporting huge turnout in areas favorable to President Obama: northeastern Ohio, northern Virginia, central Florida and Miami-Dade.

Then came the early exit polls that also were favorable to the president.

But it wasn't until the polls closed that concern turned into alarm. They expected North Carolina to be called early. It wasn't. They expected Pennsylvania to be up in the air all night; it went early for the President.

After Ohio went for Mr. Obama, it was over, but senior advisers say no one could process it.

"We went into the evening confident we had a good path to victory," said one senior adviser. "I don't think there was one person who saw this coming."

They just couldn't believe they had been so wrong. And maybe they weren't: There was Karl Rove on Fox saying Ohio wasn't settled, so campaign aides decided to wait. They didn't want to have to withdraw their concession, like Al Gore did in 2000, and they thought maybe the suburbs of Columbus and Cincinnati, which hadn't been reported, could make a difference.
spendius

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 05:53 pm
@jcboy,
That's a bit like saying that it rains because the moist air blowing in from the sea precipitates when it is forced upward by the rising ground.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:15 pm
@spendius,
You wrote,
Quote:
the moist air blowing in from the sea precipitates when it is forced upward by the rising ground.

So, why does it rain in deserts?
spendius

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Because conditions over the sea are such that the air gets overloaded with moisture and even small increases in altitude are sufficient.

But those are freak conditions which is why deserts are deserts.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:34 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Quote:
"I don't think there was one person who saw this coming."

Their entire campaign was math challenged, then.

I suppose anyone with brains bailed before election night.
jcboy

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:01 pm
@DrewDad,
"Is this just math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?"

I think that line should live on forever. Seriously, when someone on Faux Noise has to ask Karl Rove this question, you know the Republican Party has completely departed from reality. Cool
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:55 pm
@jcboy,
They "departed from reality" long time ago. Mr. Green

They used to be the party of smaller and more efficient government and less government intrusion into private lives. That basic premise of the party has long been lost.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 08:01 pm
@jcboy,
I know, I really, really love that line.

I agree with Jon Stewart that it should be Fox News' new slogan.

http://cdn.theatlanticwire.com/img/upload/2012/11/08/Screen_Shot_2012-11-08_at_8.15.11_AM/large.png
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 08:04 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

That's a bit like saying that it rains because the moist air blowing in from the sea precipitates when it is forced upward by the rising ground.

LOL..... I guess that explains why in the US the midwest is a desert then. All the moist air is precipitated as it rises to get over the mountains.

You should stick to Tristram Shandy Spendi. At least there you are like an unwound clock and can be right twice a day.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 08:35 pm
@spendius,
"Lectern". Good. I am truely amazed at the number of people who refer to someone addressing an audience from behind a "Podium". The mental image is interesting, though.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 04:34 pm
@roger,
Hey! Somebody finally woke up the Supreme Court. They're going to "investigate" discrimination against minorities in voting.

From the NYT.
Quote:
Justices to Review Racial Protections in Voting Rights Act
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: November 9, 2012 at 3:48 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Friday it will consider eliminating the government's chief weapon against racial discrimination at polling places since the 1960s.

Acting three days after the election, the justices agreed to hear a constitutional challenge to the part of the landmark Voting Rights Act that requires all or parts of 16 states with a history of discrimination in voting to get federal approval before making any changes in the way they hold elections.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 04:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
???
I read the article differently.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 04:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, they're going to investigate eliminating the federal oversight of states with a history of voting rules that discriminate against minorities.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 04:45 pm
@JPB,
That's even worse! They are a bunch of yo-yos who belong in retirement homes - and not in the SC. They've gone senile!

They can't even interpret the true purpose of those new voting laws established by the majority GOP states.

I hope Obama gets a chance to select very liberal SC judges during the next four years.

Beyond that, liberals can still win by "out-voting" the conservatives like 2012.

Most or all of the voter fraud found was the republican party.

That's evidence - that the SC will ignore.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 05:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey! Somebody finally woke up CI!

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 05:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I can even surprise the likes of you! LOL
spendius

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 06:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What's your current position on gold futures and the market reaction to the election result ci?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 06:10 pm
I don't yet know the details of the case that the SC may consider. I would caution against reading too much into it. As I recall it applied to 16 states which, decades ago, violated the voting rights of blacks.
My state of Virginia was, rightfully, among them. We, I think, have moved on but there is still a bunch of paper pushers who have oversight on this one group.
Is there still discrimination against people with regard to voting? Damn
straight. Gerrymandering is perhaps the most obvious, but there are other, more subtle ways: Burdensome voter ID rules, long lines at polling places,
limited early voting.
I am not sure that the original voting rights act is still relevant today.