jcboy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 10:25 am
@revelette,
While it probably offends everyone but me, I found the message loud and clear.

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 10:38 am
re jc:
damn! I hope that goes viral. Samuel L. da Man.!
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 10:46 am
@jcboy,
Not sure what he was talking about. Unless there is some kind of words describing what someone is saying or transcript, I can't really hear youtube loud enough to know what they are saying.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 10:52 am
@revelette,
Too bad, because I saw that video yesterday, and Samual knows how to deliver his message (and that little girl too!).
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 11:11 am
@jcboy,
A mountain-sized THANK YOU Dear JC for the vid! Very Happy
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 11:12 am
@jcboy,
Loud and clear
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 11:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
I loved it! It's all over facebook . Excellent video.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 11:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
Well, what was the gist of it? Or does it get lost in just describing it? (born with a significant hearing loss, I don't imagine anything is wrong with the link or video)
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 12:48 pm
@revelette,
Maybe, somebody else who's viewed it more recently can describe it for you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:13 pm
@revelette,
This isn't a complete transcript (I don't think) but has a lot of it:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/27/samuel-l-jackson-wake-the-fk-up-for-obama/comment-page-2/

It's a riff on his reading of "Go the **** to Sleep" (written by someone else).
jcboy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:20 pm
@sozobe,
Thanks Soz, I was having a hard time finding the script online. Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:41 pm
@jcboy,
The current edition of TIME magazine has a art (stained glass) picture of Romney with the heading "The Mormon Identity," and sub-titled, "What Mitt Romney's faith tells us about his vision and values."

I think they're trying to resuscitate Romney's dropping voter polls, and whatever they claim is in direct contradiction to his "47% speech." I'm assuming this without even having read the article.

I doubt very much nobody outside his family really understands who this guy is, because he's contradicted almost everything he's claimed as his position.

What do "you" think?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:57 pm
@jcboy,
The language doesn't offend me, but the idiotic and outlandish claims about conservatives do.

The Liberal reaction to this idiotic video is classic: A "cool" movie-star who happens to be black and can't compose a sentence without an expletitive, wildly goes off on the Republican candidate for president and they swoon.

Good production values though, which, along with cool star-power, is all it takes to impress a shallow audience.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Good production values though, which, along with cool star-power, is all it takes to impress a shallow audience.

So you liked it then?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 02:01 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh, yet another example of that dry British wit.

How droll.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 02:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I haven't read the Times article yet but I think he's running scared as he should!
Ya know what makes me happy? Knowing Obama is looking out for my best interests as best he can within the politically corrupt jihad of Washington.

I think maybe he was part wrong when he said Washington can't be fixed from the inside, he is a brilliant strategist, with every initiative he has taken on he works from the bottom up tackling the real problems rather than just band aiding them such as this particular case of lobbyists not being able to serve on government boards and keeping corporatists and special interests groups from hijacking the system from people who pay taxes who are part of the real working class and not the privileged class!
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 02:30 pm
@jcboy,
I try to balance the goods things Obama has done against the several things that turns my stomach - such as his authorization to assassinate suspected US citizens of being a terrorist, and his expansion of the Afghanistan war by 50,000 troops - many whom are committing suicide when they return home.

However, I did go to 7-11 this morning to select the Obama cup for my free coffee.

The reason is, nobody knows who Romney is; I surely don't! I'd rather select a candidate I know rather than someone nobody knows.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 06:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Another update on our economy; according to the DOL, over 6-million jobs were added under Obama. When one considers the fact that he took over when the increase in unemployment was increasing at a break-neck speed, it's almost a miracle of what Obama has accomplished in the middle of the Great Recession.

All this while the GOP has been cutting government jobs to complain that Obama isn't creating enough jobs.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 07:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Look who's submitting fraudulent voter registration forms in Florida?

http://news.yahoo.com/voter-registration-problems-widening-florida-154156242--election.html

The irony of ironies; no voter fraud was found in the past, but with new GOP voter suppression laws, they're the same people who's submitting fraudulent voter registration forms.

Go figure. LOL Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 09:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's the straight dope on the federal deficit; note that GW Bush's unfunded two wars and tax cuts plus the Great Recession is responsible for most of the current debt that the GOP is trying to blame Obama for.

http://news.yahoo.com/where-did-mammoth-us-budget-deficits-come-211927495.html

Unfortunately for the GOP, most Americans now favor Obama over Romney to fix our economy. I think they're beginning to catch on that the blame game is rather lopsided, and our economy is showing signs of slowly improving on most important fronts.