DrewDad

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 05:49 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Regardless of what the desired outcome is, the actual outcome of these voter ID laws is to votes

Obviously, this should read "suppress votes."
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 06:15 pm
@DrewDad,
Of coarse they are; but I'll keep asking, where are all the fair-minded conservatives to speak out against such action by the GOP?
engineer

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 06:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

It is the position of most of those on the Right that those who are removed or attempting to remove never should have been there at all, so they are not disenfranchised.

Kind of hard to make that argument when politicians try to stop college kids from voting.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 06:39 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh please.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
When Hawkeye says something stupid he's being sarcastic. You'll notice he's sarcastic one hell of a lot.
djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 04:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Of coarse they are; but I'll keep asking, where are all the fair-minded conservatives to speak out against such action by the GOP?

they're at a tea party with the moderate Muslims who refuse to speak up for the actions of the hardliners, ironic ain't it
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 04:52 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
When Hawkeye says something stupid he's being sarcastic. You'll notice he's sarcastic one hell of a lot.

hey, that's my gig

i should sue
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 05:03 am
@djjd62,
Yeah, but we can tell when you're being sarcastic. Hawkeye has to point it out, usually after he's been called stupid.

Maybe you're not as good at it as he is.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 09:24 am
@izzythepush,
His sarcasm comes across the wrong way. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 01:46 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

It is the position of most of those on the Right that those who are removed or attempting to remove never should have been there at all, so they are not disenfranchised.

Kind of hard to make that argument when politicians try to stop college kids from voting.

Not just college kids, all of those who would vote for Obama are systemically being marginalized by new Republican state laws, and the political Supreme court is doing nothing about it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 01:48 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I see it that way too! Disgusting; each member of the Supreme Court swore they would uphold the Constitution. They just watch as our democracy is destroyed to win one election.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Electoral votes today, September 23.
From Electoralvote.com.

Quote:
Obama 328
Ties 4
Romney 206
engineer

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 06:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Don't forget the dash in that name: http://www.electoral-vote.com/
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 07:02 pm
@engineer,
Okay.

Here's the latest news on Romney from 60-Minutes.
Quote:
Mr. Romney said he would consider means-testing for Social Security benefits for future retirees, and he put some distance between his plans for reshaping Medicare as a voluntary voucher program and the proposal by his running mate, Representative Paul D. Ryan, to reduce payments to the health care program by some $700 billion.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 10:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are woefully inconsistent in your arguments.

On the one hand you argue that only the stupid will vote for Romney (and chortle how this spells doom for him) and on the other you argue that most of your fellow Americans are stupid.

If your thinking had even a modicum of consistency you would be predicting Romney will win by a landslide.

But of course you are not which is indicative of why your posts are nothing more than bile rendered virtual.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 10:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Not really; the most recent poll on electoral votes say Obama is way ahead.

Rather than generalizations, why don't you challenge what I specifically say.

Romney and Ryan are out to cut Medicare, social security, and ObamaCare.

How many Americans depend on those programs to survive? 50%, 75% of retired folks?

From my vantage point, those voting for Romney looks pretty stupid; they're willing to cut their own throats for the sake of "party."

Romney promised creating 12-million jobs in his "first" term. Do the math; there's a world recession going on, and presidents do not "create" jobs - that's unless it's government jobs. You should know what the GOP have been doing to government jobs.

That's your answer.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 11:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm challenging the conclusion you've drawn (Obama wins) which is based not on what you have written but on your personal preference.

Here is what you have written ad nauseum:

Americans are largely stupid, and only stupid Americans will vote for Romney.

It doesn't take a learned scholar of logic to conclude from your assertions that Romney will win.

Face it CI, you need to re-examine your postulations:

Are Americans, by and large, stupid?

Are those who will vote for Romney stupid?

Will Obama win?

It's not that tough an intellectual exercise CI, even someone in the initial stages of dementia should be able to handle it.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 11:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You wrote,
Quote:

Americans are largely stupid, and only stupid Americans will vote for Romney.

It doesn't take a learned scholar of logic to conclude from your assertions that Romney will win.

You have no concept of logic. As a matter of fact, you're one of the stupid ones.
There is no assertion in my statement. Only idiots like you interpret what's not there.

As I've already posted the latest poll on electoral votes which has Obama with a huge lead. Your memory also fails your stupidity.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 11:49 am
Today's swing state polling:

Quote:
Colorado: Obama 51%, Romney 45% (Public Policy Polling)

Florida: Obama 50%, Romney 45% (American Research Group)

Iowa: Obama 51%, Romney 44% (American Research Group)

Michigan: Obama 54%, Romney 42% (Rasmussen)

North Carolina: Obama 49%, Romney 45% (Civitas)

Nevada: Obama 51%, Romney 44% (American Research Group)

Wisconsin: Obama 53%, Romney 41% (We Ask America)

Great news... for John McCain!

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 12:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I think the 47% of freeloaders are voting in this election.
0 Replies