ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 07:56 am
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s480x480/310524_367542883321125_802348052_n.jpg

if I were in the American military or a vet, I'd be seriously pissed off

perhaps I feel particularly sensitive to this as I've had American military and vets in my life for the better part of 35 years, but man oh man, Mr. Romney really hit a nerve with me when he poked his finger at the military and vets (maybe he's too stupid to know that he was doing it, but I can't seem to find a way to excuse him for this)
JPB

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 07:58 am
I was watching some interviews with life-long Republican seniors who are SERIOUSLY pissed off.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 07:59 am
@parados,
I was just wondering why so many people seem to think that the only way he can win will be to cheat.
It sounds like they are already coming up with an excuse if Obama loses.

I trust Romney about as far as I can throw him, but that doesn't mean that I am going to accuse him of cheating to win the election, although I wouldn't put it past either candidate if they thought they could get away with it.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:00 am
@mysteryman,
What is Mr. Romney saying that will get people to vote for him? what does he represent that voters want in a president?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:02 am
@mysteryman,
You didn't respond to Parados' question.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:14 am
@ehBeth,
That's totally impossible now, because he's supported both sides of all the important issues, and nobody really knows where he stands.

How anyone can vote for Romney doesn't have their faculties in tact.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:15 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
so there's more stupid stuff to hear from Romney

Am I the only one who feels sorry for Steven Colbert? With real conservatives like Romney, how is a parody-conservative supposed to make a living?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:15 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

I was just wondering why so many people seem to think that the only way he can win will be to cheat.
It sounds like they are already coming up with an excuse if Obama loses.

I trust Romney about as far as I can throw him, but that doesn't mean that I am going to accuse him of cheating to win the election, although I wouldn't put it past either candidate if they thought they could get away with it.

I'm just trying to figue out how big of a hole, and how deeply one would have to have his head down in it, to not see or understand any of the news and stories showing the GOPs determination to subvert and suppress Dem voters.

I'm trying to understand what amount of energy it would take to ignore all of the information that is readily available to all about the voter purges, voter intimidation, redistricting and attempts to make voter id laws oppressively restrictive ALL PERPETRATED BY ONE POLITICAL PARTY.

It takes a tremendous amount of either disingenuousness or willful ignorance to continue to speak and behave as if the two parties are equal in their attempts to subvert the will of the voters.

It is far from the first time you seem to argue, discuss or reason (not sure what to call it) from an indefensible and clueless position that cannot or will not recognize plain facts that happen to indict ONLY ONE SIDE of the political aisle.

It diminishes you and makes you an extremely hard person to take seriously.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:16 am
@ehBeth,
His message is clear; he decries the fact that 47% of American pay no taxes, but he himself also claims that he won't be a good president unless he pays the very minimum.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:18 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

You didn't respond to Parados' question.

...and Finn hasn't replied to my question.
Maybe they have no good answers.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:21 am
@snood,
Maybe they do and are saving them for after the election.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:29 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON -- The attack on Mitt Romney was tough, even vicious.

As expressed at a now-infamous fundraiser in Florida, the Republican nominee's "ideology, pitting the 'makers' against the 'takers,' offers nothing," the writer said. "No sympathy for our fellow citizens. No insight into our social challenge. No hope of change."

"This approach involves a relentless reductionism," the writer argued Thursday in the Washington Post. "Human worth is reduced to economic production. Social problems are reduced to personal vices. Politics is reduced to class warfare on behalf of the upper class."

It was perhaps the most thorough, full-throated denunciation of Romney this year -- and, of course, a conservative Republican wrote it.

The author, Michael Gerson, has impeccable right-wing bona fides: He worked at the Heritage Foundation, served Chuck Colson and Bob Dole, and was President George W. Bush's chief speechwriter.

source
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:49 am
@snood,
Voter ID Laws Take Aim At College-Student Voters

Quote:
In Tennessee, a new law requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls explicitly excludes student IDs.

In Wisconsin, college students are newly disallowed from using university-provided housing lists or corroboration from other students to verify their residence.

Florida's reduction in early voting days is expected to reduce the number of young and first-time voters there.

And Pennsylvania's voter identification bill, still on the books for now, disallows many student IDs and non-Pennsylvania driver's licenses, which means out-of-state students may be turned away at the polls.

In 2008, youth voter turnout was higher that it had been since Vietnam, and overwhelmingly for Barack Obama. This time around, the GOP isn't counting solely on disillusionment to keep the student vote down.

In the last two years, Republican-controlled state legislatures have passed dozens of bills that erect new barriers to voting, all targeting Democratic-leaning groups, many specifically aimed at students. The GOP's stated rationale is to fight voter fraud. But voter fraud -- and especially in-person fraud which many of these measures address -- is essentially nonexistent.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:02 am
@snood,
or maybe you just didn't like the answer you got.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:15 am
@revelette,
What is so interesting about all this voter suppression laws are how conservatives are not challenging them. Are they that desperate to win an election by destroying our democratic republic? And to think they're doing this for a candidate that writes them off as freeloaders.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:21 am
@snood,
I'm not ignoring any of that.
However, and I admit I am not the expert all of you seem to be, all of the reports I have seen from the last 2 presidential elections seem to be registered dems committing vote fraud.

In the 2008 election, it was reported that there were voters from New York spending their winters in Florida, that were registered to vote and voting in both states, and they were registered dems.

http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/is-voter-fraud-a-real-problem/voter-fraud-is-a-proven-election-manipulation-tactic

http://eastaustinvoice.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/democrats-arrested-andor-convicted-of-voter-fraud-specfriggintaculars-blog/

That's only a couple of examples, there are others.
So while I don't discount what you are saying, its hard to reconcile what you are saying with the evidence that shows that there is vote fraud going on and it seems a large majority of it by dems.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:41 am
@mysteryman,
You suffer from myopia.
snood

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:45 am
@mysteryman,
Facts, mysteryman - facts. I asked Finn for a source besides up his ass that says Peggy Noonan voted for Obama. He did not answer that.

He could either provide a source (or a snotty non sequitur, which is more likely), or he simply does not reply to the question.
How can you twist that to say I got an answer I didn't like?
mysteryman

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:57 am
@snood,
I did not see that question, so I apologize for my remark.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
but can you deny what I posted?
0 Replies