IRFRANK

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 05:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Alaska -- I've been trying to find a place for the far right to go. Sounds good, then they can secede.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 05:20 pm
Let's not pound our chest until after the election. It scares me how many people think the same way as romney.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 05:45 pm
@IRFRANK,
Me too!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 06:32 pm
@IRFRANK,
What's more interesting to me is how all those folks who think like Romney aren't all that rich, and they will be benefiting from social security and Medicare - out of necessity.

Read this article about savings by age and family net worth.
http://www.financialfreedomadvantage.com/average-retirement-savings.html

jcboy

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 06:41 pm
I’m not going to dismiss Romney and I won’t be surprised if I wake up on November 7th to find out he’s our President. I’ll be pissed but not surprised!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 07:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From Wiki.
Quote:
In addition, wealth is unevenly distributed, with the wealthiest 25% of US households owning 87%[2] of the wealth in the United States, which was $54.2 trillion in 2009.[3][4]
jcboy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
So if he actually gives a talk to a gay rights group will he dress up like one of the Village People?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/20/1134341/-Romney-puts-on-fake-tan-to-speak-to-Mexicans

Quote:
Tandering: Romney puts on fake tan to speak to Mexicans
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:50 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

So if he actually gives a talk to a gay rights group will he dress up like one of the Village People?

Only one of them passes muster as far as H&S goes.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 04:39 am
@jcboy,
LOLOLOL - that WAS an all-time TOOL move by "the Hollow Man"

http://girlinczechland.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/village-people1.jpg
revelette

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 06:47 am
@jcboy,
I didn't notice it and I saw it several times on the news. Funny. Maybe he was told that he looks a little wore down and pale, so he went to the spray tanning booth with unfortunate results. Surely he didn't do it on purpose in an attempt to look like what he thought Hispanics look like?
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 08:20 am
Quote:
The space between Mitt Romney's words to high-dollar donors at a private fundraiser and his words to Circle of Protection, a group of faith leaders seeking to preserve government poverty programs, is huge. It's the space between:

Quote:
All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them.

And:

Quote:
Our government rightfully provides a safety net for the hungry, the homeless, the sick, and the elderly and we have the responsibility to keep it intact for future generations.

(See if you can guess which of those was said to wealthy Republicans and which was said to faith leaders who want to help poor people.)

But as big as the gap between those sentiments is the sincerity gap. At the fundraiser, Romney is comfortable. He's among rich people who support him. He's saying something he by all indications believes. In his message to Circle of Protection, he's uncomfortable, condescending, and not doing a good job selling his sincerity. In short: Romney is a lot more believable talking about how 47 percent of Americans are victim-moochers who have the nerve to believe they're entitled to eat than he is promising that "together we'll ensure that those who need our help remain within the circle of protection." It's right there on video, not hard to see.

video at the source
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 08:41 am
@revelette,
One of his Mormon "friend" criticized Romney for his 47% declaration, because that's not what they learned from their faith. Mormons are supposed to care for all those who are poor, handicapped, and unable to care for themselves.

Seems Romney's previous life's lessons means nothing, because now he's running for president.

He's a fu........ fraud.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 02:14 pm
@snood,
He pulls this stunt and he just may get run out of town! Cool

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=mittt.jpg&res=landing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:33 pm
@revelette,
Here's the video:

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 07:13 pm
@DrewDad,
Abandon ship, abandon ship! "oooops, I'm the only one left," says Mitt.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 11:16 pm
Tea Party Groups Attempting to Purge Voter Rolls

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/21/maddow-tea-party-groups-trying-to-steal-election-via-voter-purges/#.UF1GtT_nC6E.facebook

"...In North Carolina, for example, where former Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) and President Barack Obama are tied, 46 percent to 46 percent, according to recent polls, Maddow said that a “self-appointed, supposedly non-partisan tea party outfit” called the Voter Integrity Project has announced that 30,000 voters should be stripped from the polls...

See, THIS is the only reason I'm not feeling overly confident about a win. Not because I fear Romney's prowess as a candidate, not because I think the "undecideds" will swing to Romney after the debates, not because of SuperPac money - backed ad blitzes. I'm worried because these sumbitches are going to CHEAT. And they are going to cheat BIG.
snood

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 11:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

snood wrote:

Noonan Slams Romney Campaign as ‘Incompetent, Small and Tinny’

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/noonan-romney-campaign-incompetent/2012/09/19/id/456727

And we know just how much you love and admire Peggy Noonan.

She voted for Obama in 2008.

No conservative gives her the time of day.

I looked, and I saw where Noonan wrote a couple of positive pieces about Obama during the campaign of 2008.

Here's an article from November 2008 showing where she says she's going to vote for McCain.

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2008/11/03/video-peggy-noonan-for-mccain-afterall/

From what source did you find that she voted for Obama?

Please tell me it was someplace more reliable than that much-used library of imaginary facts up your nether regions.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 07:23 am
@snood,
Do you believe that the only way Romney can win in November will be to cheat?
You don't think its possible that enough of the voters in this country agree with him as to cause him to win the election?
parados

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 07:35 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Do you believe that the only way Romney can win in November will be to cheat?
You don't think its possible that enough of the voters in this country agree with him as to cause him to win the election?

How can he win? 47% that pay no income tax aren't going to vote for him according to Romney.
Then a rather large group that do pay income taxes are going to vote for Obama. Only 3.1% of those that pay income tax need to vote for Obama and he wins. I would guess the limousine liberals make up more than 3% of the US. So how does Romney win without lying or cheating?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 07:45 am
@mysteryman,
Agree with what exactly, mm? what is the Romney message that you think will resonate with voters?

What is he saying that is going to get seniors/veterans (and people who have seniors and veterans in their lives) etc out to vote for the Republicans?