0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 04:19 pm
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/6382/large/plan.png?1347983893

Cycloptichorn
IRFRANK

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 04:21 pm
@mysteryman,
Absolutely not. My wife and I paid 23 percent. Romney paid 15. Fair? We can't afford a tax accountant. People that make millions have a much better ability to pay. A progressive tax rate makes complete sense to me. I have no problem paying a higher rate on the second million in income. The middle class pays most of the taxes in this country. People making 50 to 250 k.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 04:56 pm
Quote:
Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez (R) — who Mitt Romney quoted in a speech on Monday — has joined a growing number of Republicans in backing away from the former Massachusetts governor’s claim that 47 percent of Americans are dependent on government and won’t vote for Republicans anyway. Asked if she was offended by the remarks, “Martinez said New Mexico has many people who are living at the poverty level and their votes count just as much as anyone else.”

source

RABEL222

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 05:14 pm
@mysteryman,
I did. Ducking the question?
mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:04 pm
@RABEL222,
No, I'm not ducking the question.
Like Romney, I do believe that there are people that do like to play the victim, that do want something for nothing.

Look at some of the demands from the occupy crowd, some of the things they wanted.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:06 pm
@revelette,
I have a cartoon with Romney peering into a toilet bowl with about 10 shoes filling the bowl and he says
"I dont remember eating that"
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:07 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
What's interesting is you didn't seem to disapprove when the dems took this same approach to the Obamacare law.
Don't you remember Nancy Pelosi saying that we had to vote for the bill before we knew what was in it.

So why should any candidate release a jobs plan before they get elected?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:31 pm
What I find interesting is that the left is crucifying Romney for his statement, but they defended Obama for these statements...

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2012/09/18/the_25_most_obnoxious_quotes_from_barack_obama/page/full/

Rockhead

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:40 pm
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:40 pm
This is interesting:

Quote:
Coming into the convention out of primary cash, the Romney campaign borrowed $20 million with general election money it couldn’t spend yet as collateral.

The campaign is now $11 million in debt.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/09/not_quite_sure_what_to_make_of_this.php
snood

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:44 pm
@sozobe,
But that won't stem the tide of SuperPac - financed ads, will it?
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:17 pm
mysteryman sez:\

Quote:
What's interesting is you didn't seem to disapprove when the dems took this same approach to the Obamacare law.
Don't you remember Nancy Pelosi saying that we had to vote for the bill before we knew what was in it.

So why should any candidate release a jobs plan before they get elected?

This is the usual Republican crap, taking a quote out of context and essentially lieing about what it meant.

At the time, the House had passed a bill. The Senate had not. the Senate did not even HAVE a bill, because they were still trying to be bipartisan with the Repubs and get something that could get 60 votes and be filibuster-proof. The Repubs of course were totally stonewalling. Which meant the Senate had nothing passed. And until they actually did write something that at least a majority agreed on and passed it, the House and Senate couldn't sit down and reconcile the two bills. THAT was what Pelosi was talking about: RECONCILIATION OF THE BILLS. She was in the House, the Senate didn't even have a bill yet, until they'd written one and passed it, the House wouldn't know what was in it and couldn't start any reconciliation. Eventually they just gave up on getting the Repubs to do anything to solve the healthcare mess and figured out a way to pass it by simple majority, so Pelosi and the House could see what was in the SENATE bill, which is what she was talking about.

Get your facts straight, mysteryman. Tell your cohorts to get theirs straight too.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:52 pm
@IRFRANK,
That's how badly skewered our politics have become. The mystery in all this is why conservatives who are paying more in taxes are supporting more tax cuts for the wealthy.

There's no ....
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 09:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
And the dems/left never get their facts wrong, lie, or twist their opponents words?

If Romney releases his jobs plan, and doesn't win the election, would Obama be man enough to admit the plan wasn't his if it worked, or would he take the credit?

Here is a classic example of dems/ the left twisting what someone said, outright lying about what was said, and repeating it enough so that their followers believe it...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/09/17/woodward-gets-scarborough-apologize-misreporting-mcconnells-make-obam

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 09:31 pm
I don't see that as misrepresentation at all. Mitch McConnell is basically saying, "All Obama has to do is to do everything the Republicans want, and nothing anybody else wants, and then we won't want him to fail." Which is of course complete crap. Republicans consistently opposed any and all attempts Obama made to compromise with them (see discussion of Pelosi above, see the republican creation of the debt ceiling crisis, see Republican rejection of expiration of the Bush tax cuts or any increase at all in any taxes, see their rejection of their own aggreed-upon plan for budget cuts if they couldn't come up with a plan for the budget, which they didn't).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 09:48 pm
@mysteryman,
mm wrote,
Quote:
And the dems/left never get their facts wrong, lie, or twist their opponents words?

He'd have a heck of a time trying to prove Obama lied, because the promises he made during his campaign were not lies when it was caused by the defeat of all the legislation that would have helped our economy.

I can stipulate for sure that Romney's promise of creating 12-million jobs during his first term are not only lies, but damn lies!

Look at the math; no president can turn around any economy in any great recession on a dime, so what it means is that Romney is going to "create" over 333,000 jobs every month.

No way, jose.

Anybody want to buy a bridge I have for sale?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:35 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Pointing fingers and saying "you do it too!" is pretty childish. And it doesn't erase the fact that he did say that stuff. Nor does it change the fact that it was pretty damned obnoxious.

Part of the campaign is "being Presidential." Romney's failing at that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 05:01 am
@snood,
Right, not at all. Not a huge deal, just interesting, in terms of how the campaign is being managed.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 05:10 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
What I find interesting is that the left is crucifying Romney for his statement, but they defended Obama for these statements...

Or in other words, you have no argument, so you resort to finger-pointing. Shame on me for expecting better of you. I should have known.