McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 02:00 pm
@snood,
The problem is that you just don't like the answers so you keep bringing it back up until someone finally says something like "Yes snood, we are actually only interested in making sure that poor brown people can't vote for Obama."

That ain't gonna happen because we see the need for it despite what you think the actual answer is.
parados

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 02:04 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

The problem is that you just don't like the answers so you keep bringing it back up until someone finally says something like "Yes snood, we are actually only interested in making sure that poor brown people can't vote for Obama."

That ain't gonna happen because we see the need for it despite what you think the actual answer is.

Does "it" refer to "making sure brown people can't vote for Obama"? It sure looks like that is a strong possibility based on the grammar.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 02:47 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

What is the need for it, McG? What has happened or what set of facts are you citing that causes the need to make stricter voting ID laws?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 03:22 pm
@snood,
McG wrote,
Quote:
because we see the need for it despite what you think the actual answer is

Typical conservative stance on all issues. It doesn't matter who it affects and why, but once they get some idea, they all follow in lock-step. They don't have any idea of the US Constitution, bigotry, and the control over American lives with their stupidity.

They complain about government waste, then they implement unnecessary legislation where none is needed.

They don't know whether they're coming or going, or understand what's up or down. Useless.

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 04:19 pm
@snood,
To aid the republicans?
What happens if Obama wins? Does that mean that the new voter laws made no difference?
And what if the voter turnout is higher than expected? Will you say the laws made no difference?

It really sounds like you are already trying to make excuses for if Obama loses the election. You will say that the new laws are what made the difference.

You can't have it both ways.
parados

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 04:22 pm
@mysteryman,
What you have proposed is a false dichotomy MM. It isn't an either/or.

What will really matter is how many people are prevented from voting, don't you agree?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 04:22 pm
@mysteryman,
mm wrote,
Quote:
What happens if Obama wins? Does that mean that the new voter laws made no difference?

Are you really that naive? Yes, you are!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 04:24 pm
@mysteryman,
IMO, issues of voter suppression and the integrity of our democratic process go far beyond a single election.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 04:46 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

To aid the republicans?
And what if the voter turnout is higher than expected? Will you say the laws made no difference?

It really sounds like you are already trying to make excuses for if Obama loses the election. You will say that the new laws are what made the difference.

You can't have it both ways.

MM,
I'll try this ONE LAST TIME....

I am not making up the news stories that cite studies that show there is no in-person voter fraud going on, and pointing out that there must be some other motive for the GOP pushing voter ID laws.

The Republicans have themselves admitted on more than one occasion (the most famous of which was by PA House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R-Allegheny) ) that they believe the new laws will give Romney a better chance.

IT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE which side is pushing the new laws, or which side stands to profit the most from them. The only people that don't know that are people who are NOT paying attention, or are willfully ignorant. Are you either of those tyoes of people? You sure are acting like it.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/karoli/shameless-republican-brags-about-voter-id-w
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:01 pm
@snood,
Yes, he's willfully ignorant. With all the facts out there, why does he continue to question the purpose of those laws? Willfully ignorant is the only answer.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:38 pm
So Republicans think it's "mean-spirited" to put up a billboard welcoming convention goers to Tampa by declaring that the mayor and entire city council is Democratic. Aww cry me a river bigoted hate-mongering Republicans. I think it's mean-spirited to work so hard to discriminate against gays and women.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg256/scaled.php?server=256&filename=tampab.jpg&res=landing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:39 pm
@snood,
You link to 13 seconds of a speech?
What was the context? What else did he say? Where was he speaking and who was he speaking to?

If I was to try and use that short a clip to make a point, you would have your panties so far in a knot that they would never come loose.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:43 pm
good stuff here.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:44 pm
@McGentrix,
what of absentee voting, where most of the fraud has actually been found to occur?
mysteryman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:48 pm
I found out something today about the dems.
They have been busting their asses and screaming bloody murder because Romney won't release his taxes.

That is pure partisan fraud in the part of the dems, and Harry Reid knows it.
He can see Romney's tax returns anytime he wants, and so can the president for that matter.
Also several members of congress can look at them anytime.
However, even knowing this, they would rather use it as an attack on Romney instead of actually going by the law.

And if you think I am wrong, simply read the law...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/6103

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:50 pm
@mysteryman,
In what exact context would that comment have been appropriate?

mysteryman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Without knowing the context of the speech, how it was edited, or anything else about it I can't answer that.
JPB

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:53 pm
@mysteryman,
MM, I'm not a Dem and I think he should release his taxes. I generally don't fall for the "you must have something to hide, otherwise.... " line but in this case I think it's real. The man wants to be POTUS. Let us see what's there in 2009.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:54 pm
@mysteryman,
Oh yes, you can answer it.

You're the one who suggested that context mattered.

In what context could that comment be appropriate?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 06:57 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

What was the context? What else did he say? Where was he speaking and who was he speaking to?

who could he have been speaking to, to make that an appropriate comment?

and seriously man - you're too smart for me to believe that you can't find all of the context, location etc etc out yourself

you pull this on FB all the time

do the work yourself for once
0 Replies