McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:11 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

MM, I'm not a Dem and I think he should release his taxes. I generally don't fall for the "you must have something to hide, otherwise.... " line but in this case I think it's real. The man wants to be POTUS. Let us see what's there in 2009.

Why fall for it in this case? I think you guys are afraid that Obama has messed things up bad enough that you think Romney may actually win the election.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:13 pm
@mysteryman,
So... the President should use his position to dig up dirt on his political opponents?

Really?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 09:13 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

what of absentee voting, where most of the fraud has actually been found to occur?

What about it? Voter ID requirements would have little effect on it. Is it impossible to fix one thing without having to fret and frown about every single thing revolving the election process?

We all have a horse we like to flay. Cyc has Diebold, you have absentee ballots, CI has what ever boogieman haunts him at the moment... Lets just get one part fixed, then move on to next one.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:20 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't have "boogieman haunts." Where did you dream that up?
RABEL222

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 12:26 am
What would be wrong with letting anyone who wants to vote, vote. If someone thinks that voter dosent have the right to vote put the ballot aside with their name on it and check the ballot later. Making people prove their legal voters is BS because they use signatures in my state just as when I use a credit card. Conservatives are one step below commies in their desire to keep the populace under their thumb. They are tools of the rich.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 12:48 am
@RABEL222,
They're not even tools for the rich; most are not in the 1%. They are zombies who have been brain-washed to follow orders of their leaders. They are essentially brain dead. If that were not so, they would not be voting to increase their own taxes, increased tuition for college for their children, privatize social security, make Medicare into a voucher system that'll cost them over $6,400/year, have men in their party control their women's bodies, and give up their own freedoms.

What other reasons are there?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 10:27 am
Insane, dangerous conservative with no grasp of reality. He warns of a civil war if Obama is re-elected because the president will overrule Congress and turn the US over to the UN. Texans are a special kind of stupid.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/texas-judge-warning/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:
(CNN) -- An elected county judge in Texas is warning that the nation could descend into civil war if President Barack Obama is re-elected, and is calling for a trained, well-equipped force to battle the United Nations troops he says Obama would bring in.

The comments by Lubbock County Judge Tom Head, who oversees emergency planning efforts, were broadcast by CNN affiliate KJTV. He made similar remarks on radio station FOX Talk 950.

Saying that as the county's emergency management coordinator he has to "think about the very worst thing that can happen and prepare for that and hope and pray for the best," Head told radio host Jeff Klotzman that he believes "in this political climate and financial climate, what is the very worst thing that could happen right now? Obama gets back in the White House. No. God forbid."
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 11:31 am
Is it something in the Texas water?
DrewDad

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 11:33 am
@jcboy,
The water in Lubbock is nasty.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 11:35 am
@MontereyJack,
Moonshine? Cool
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:30 pm
@jcboy,
Talk about "pie in the sky," here's Romney's latest promise to create jobs.

Quote:
HOBBS, N.M. (AP) — Seeking to reset his economic message, Republican Mitt Romney pledged Thursday to create 3 million jobs and more than $1 trillion in revenue by ramping up offshore oil drilling and giving states more control over energy production on federal land.

Romney, reviving a long-elusive goal pushed by presidents and presidential candidates for decades, said his plans would make the U.S., along with Canada and Mexico, energy independent by 2020.

"This is not some pie in the sky kind of thing," Romney told voters in Hobbs, the heart of New Mexico's oil and gas industry. "This is a real achievable objective."

Several questions for Mr Romney.
1) How long will it take to create those 3 million jobs? * Romney always seems to miss these very important details.
2) Why are all those oil reserves being held by the oil companies not active today?
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/wy/programs/energy/og/leasing/protests/2012/may/Appeals.Par.42771.File.dat/ExhP.pdf
3) Does Romney have some secret as to why the oil companies are not making those reserves active for all these years of high gas prices?

Just another Romney lie. Unfortunately, many Americans will believe those lies.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:15 pm
@DrewDad,
No, not at all. I was simply pointing out that if people like Harry Reid were really interested in the truth, instead of throwing around unsubstantiated charges and "anonymous sources", they can legally look at Romney's taxes without his approval or knowledge.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:17 pm
@mysteryman,
You wrote,
Quote:
they can legally look at Romney's taxes without his approval or knowledge.

Who are "they?"
mysteryman

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If you had read the link I posted, you would see that many people in Washington D.C. Can look at Romney's taxes anytime they want.
That lists I includes, but isn't limited to, the president, vice president, president of the senate, all the chairmen of the various tax and finance commitees,and several other people. Read the law I linked to,its actually kind of frightening how many people have access to your tax records.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's two:

The Rich
Conservatives
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's number three:

Your moronic, zombie countrymen
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:05 pm
@mysteryman,
Translate this for us.

Quote:
(c) Disclosure of returns and return information to designee of taxpayer
The Secretary may, subject to such requirements and conditions as he may prescribe by regulations, disclose the return of any taxpayer, or return information with respect to such taxpayer, to such person or persons as the taxpayer may designate in a request for or consent to such disclosure, or to any other person at the taxpayer’s request to the extent necessary to comply with a request for information or assistance made by the taxpayer to such other person. However, return information shall not be disclosed to such person or persons if the Secretary determines that such disclosure would seriously impair Federal tax administration.

Also,
Quote:
(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.
mysteryman

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The first part means that the Secretary can show the taxpaers tax return to anyone that the taxpayer authorizes.

The second part means that the comittees that look at a tax return may only do so in a closed session.

How hard is that?

Of course, you ignored the rest of the statute, didnt you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:36 pm
@mysteryman,
Nobody is ignoring anything; besides, you can post them at will. You do see how that works!

Any disclosure of a taxpayer's name must have the consent of the taxpayer for such returns to be shared by any committee.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:45 pm
@mysteryman,
If it got out that someone looked at Romney's tax return for political reasons, the backlash would be pretty harsh. Romney should probably start that rumor.