Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:12 pm
@snood,
Care to wager?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:16 pm
@JPB,
That you have no idea of what he stands for is despositive of absolutely nothing except your personal assumptions.

It is entirely the same as someone saying: I have no idea what Obama stands for and therefore he must be a quisling.

I doubt you would be tolerant of such a position.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:18 pm
@JPB,
No need to assume, it clearly was.

I have no idea at all how you reconcile your claim that you "tend to sit on the right side of the center line" with your assertion that you favor Obama over Romney.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Care to wager?

Ladrokes are giving odds of 2/5 on Obama winning and 15/8 on Romney.

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/politics/us-presidential-election/2012-us-presidential-race-e212304268

Oh, even though I can place a bet, you're not allowed to bet on the outcome of presidential elections. Don't ask me why I think it's something to do with you having more freedom than us.
engineer

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:28 pm
@izzythepush,
200 to 1 on Tim Tebow for VP! You got to take that!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks Snidely.

Here's the same bet I previously offered Cyclo, and won twice in two contests:

Obama wins and Finn posts a "discussion" on A2K entitled:

"Even a Brit knows more about American politics than Finn."

If Romney wins, you post a "discussion" on A2K entitled:

"I know nothing about American politics."

If you want to negotiate the titles, present your counters.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 07:02 pm
Romney's had a real bad run of polling lately - 3 national polls in last two days have shown him 7, 7, and 9 points behind Obama. What more, two of those polls (CNN and Fox) both showed Romney -11 with independents.

To put it simply, these are not good numbers for the challenger. We are less than 90 days from the election at this point and there's just not a ton of time left for the narrative to swing back Romney's direction. What can he do to make that happen?

- Choose a game-changer VP. Most agree that this isn't going to happen, b/c it would be a big risk. At this point, there are really only two options that would work here - Ryan and Rubio. Instead, I think that Romney will play it safe and pick Portman in an attempt to snag Ohio.

- Carpet-bomb the airwaves with anti-Obama and pro-Romney ads. This definitely will happen. But will it be successful? Too many ads can sometimes have a real negative effect; I remember in 2010, Meg Whitman ran something like a billion ads here in CA, and it backfired tremendously - people were totally sick of them.

- Pivot to the center in order to capture the independent vote. This runs the real risk of alienating his mouth-breathing base. But what else can he do? And what else are they gonna do, vote Obama? This will probably happen as well.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 09:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Care to wager?

Well, right now I'm relatively confident in Obama's chances, but I don't think I want to allow you to reduce this election into something as trite and throwaway as a wager whose ante can only be paid in trite and symbolic cyber gestures.

I see this as a contest between a substantive, principled man with a vision on the one hand (Obama) and an empty suit who will say anything to be elected (Romney) whose supporters either can't or won't muster any convincing argument for him.

No, Finn. I don't want to take your bet on this. I want you stop sniping from the side and mount and maintain a defense of, and argument for your candidate.

Care to do that?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 09:34 pm
@snood,
I believe another way to say it is "Romney is all hat and no cattle."

His lies are legend.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 09:45 pm
@snood,
Oh noble snood, you truly are Obama's paladin.

What a laugh.

Laughing
snood

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 09:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So, no defense and no case for Romney. No suprise - there's no there there.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 10:22 pm
@snood,
Here is all the defense and case for Romney I need:

He is not Obama.

roger

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 10:26 pm
@JamesMorrison,
Welcome back, James.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 10:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's good that it's all you need.

Cause it's all you got.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 10:55 pm
@snood,
Yes it is, but perhaps you might explain, logically, how this is the weakness you have implied.

Do yourself a favor and look up the defintion of "glib."

I doubt it with stop you from posting glib comments, but at least it masy make a dent in your Obama carapace,
snood

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 11:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh irony. Snotty Finn condescends to suggest I need a dictionary to understand what glib means. Ha!

No matter...The way I see it things are as they should be, Finn.

In a time when the only thing your side could muster to run against Obama is a walking falsehood, it would be unsettling if you weren't being small and bitter.

...it just feels right somehow. Very Happy
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 12:19 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Yes it is, but perhaps you might explain, logically, how this is the weakness you have implied.

Because running as the Anti-Obama worked for the primary, but it isn't enough for the real election.

People want to know what Romney would do if he were to win. So far, what he's proposed is "make things easier for the rich" and "get rid of Obamacare, even though most people like the provisions of Obamacare."

Meanwhile, he's getting attacked by his own base.

This guy is an embarrassment for the GOP.

JPB

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 05:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Easy. I'd like a Gary Johnson (fiscal conservative, social moderate) but would support a left of center moderate (I don't see Obama as nearly the liberal you do) than someone who is pandering to the far right just to get elected.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 06:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Here is all the defense and case for Romney I need:

He is not Obama.

You and 58% of the people who plan on voting for Romney. He's got nothing except he's not Obama. 35% of those planning on voting for Romney indicate they are pro-Romney (can't find the poll to link - read it last night so it's recent). Fortunately, the fact that he's got nothing is enough for most independents to vote for Obama - especially in swing states.
JPB

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 08:40 am
@JPB,
And the polls are all starting to swing towards Obama.

Quote:
*** It’s not an even race – Obama’s ahead: The Olympics are wrapping up and, at the end of July, when the Olympics began, we wrote that we were basically at halftime of the general election -- and Obama had a narrow lead. Well, it’s a little bigger than that now. (People may want to quibble, but you can’t dismiss every poll on sampling.) There’s clearly movement toward the president and clearly problems for Romney personally. We had found it in our polling for the last month and it hadn’t shown up everywhere yet. Now it has. The latest evidence: three new polls out today – from CNN, Fox, and Reuters/Ipsos – all showing President Obama leading Romney by seven points or more and at or near 50%. (CNN 52-45%, Fox 49-40%, Reuters/Ipsos 49-42%). What’s more, Romney continues to have an image problem. In CNN, Obama’s fav/unfav is +14, Romney’s -1. And in Fox, Obama’s +12, Romney’s +1. (Ipsos didn’t ask fav/unfav.) Source