DrewDad

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 10:30 pm
@snood,
Republican's lost the election as soon as Romney won the nomination.

Now we're just watching the jackals pick apart the carcass.
snood

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 10:39 pm
@DrewDad,
I'm just chicken, I guess... but I'm not willing yet to say anything's in the bag.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 10:51 pm
@snood,
I'm not so much chicken as an observer of how polls are running; too close to call. The only poll that might be favorable to Obama is the electoral votes that shows a fair spread.

Obama needs to keep attacking Romney's lies and innuendos; he'll get a lot of help from Romney himself who doesn't know how to tell the truth.
JPB

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 05:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The only poll that might be favorable to Obama is the electoral votes that shows a fair spread.

That's the only one that matters in the end. This election will be decided by 3% of the voters in 8-10 states. If the conservatives stay home in those states then it's an easier deal. If the progressives stay home then it's a harder deal. Otherwise, it's a matter for whichever way the swing voters in swing states swing.

Romney hasn't changed a bit. He's still an empty suit. But, as Grover told the base... we just need someone to hold the pen that signs the bills that Congress is going to put in front of him.
snood

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 05:58 am
Romney's Biggest Lie so far:

Recently in Ohio, Republicans tried to significantly cut back the window for early voting from five weeks to three weeks. They failed to keep the law on the books, but the Republicans managed to ban early voting on the weekends, except for military veterans who can continue to vote on Saturdays and Sundays.

However, the Obama administration filed a lawsuit against Ohio to restore weekend voting for all registered voters. Soldiers would retain weekend voting privileges, and voters would once again be allowed to vote on those days. Once again, the Democrats are trying to make voting easier and the Republicans are trying to strip people of that fundamental right.

Over the weekend, Mitt Romney, while clearly benefiting from Republican voter purges and Voter ID laws meant to discourage minority and working class voters, accused the Obama Justice Department of somehow trying to disenfranchise military voters. In other words, the Democrats are the ones who are trying to disenfranchise people -- and they hate the troops, too!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/the-biggest-mitt-romney-l_b_1757637.html
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 11:28 am
Was Romneycare A War On Religion?

Quote:
Mitt Romney continues to attack President Obama for policies he supported as governor of Massachusetts with a new ad Thursday morning that accuses the administration of waging “a war on religion.”

The commercial claims that an Affordable Care Act regulation requiring employers and insurers to provide preventive health benefits like contraception undermines religious freedoms — but fails to note that houses of worship and religious nonprofits are exempt from offering birth control, or that Obama’s rule closely mirrors a measure included in Romney’s own health reform in Massachusetts. “President Obama used his healthcare plan to declare war on religion, forcing religious institutions to go against their faith,” the ad says, before drawing a parallel to the Soviet Union:

As governor, Romney greatly expanded access publicly-financed contraception through his 2006 health care reform law. The state’s Commonwealth Care, established under Romneycare, offers subsidized, low or no-cost insurance to low-income residents and provides primary and preventive care that includes “family planning services” and prescription contraceptives. In 2005, Romney also “signed a bill that could expand the number of people who get family-planning services, including the morning-after pill” and asked the Department of Health and Human Services to require Catholic hospitals to issue the morning after pill to rape victims.

In fact, the Obamacare rule Romney is now characterizing as an affront to religious liberties is very similar to a 2002 state law he tacitly supported. Like more than two dozen states across the country, Massachusetts required insurers that provide outpatient benefits to cover hormone replacement therapy and all FDA-approved contraceptive methods — well before Obamacare became law. The Massachusetts rule exempts “an employer that is a church or qualified church-controlled organization” from the mandate, but prohibits institutions such as hospitals, universities, and nursing homes from denying their employees birth control coverage.

Romney, who was running for governor in 2002, remained mum on the requirement (as it was debated and ultimately passed unanimously in the Senate and in a 140 to 16 vote in the House) and pledged to maintain the status quo on family-planning related policy throughout his gubernatorial campaign.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 03:59 pm
@snood,
Dream on with Erickson
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:03 pm
@JPB,
Partisan hyperbole is expected, but I suspect you might actually believe that Romney is somehow an automaton without a will of his own.

If not, why make these absurd comments?

Unable to resist the feeding frenzy?

snood

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Dream on with Erickson

So, you're liking the Mittster's chances are you, finn?
jcboy

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:08 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
trust me, but you can't see my taxes...

Because he is nothing more than a fraudulent lying bastard. Cool
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:13 pm
@jcboy,
Trust me; I'm not hiding anything! I just don't want to reveal all the ways I don't have to pay taxes, and how I've accumulated several million dollars in my IRA/401K accounts - even though there are annual contribution limits.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:27 pm
You know, I expect so-called "political consultants" who do nothing other than appear on TV as one the many Mouths of Sauron, to swallow hard and claim that Harry Reid is being factual, or the Murdering Romney ad didn't cross the line. After all, this is how these folks make a damned good living.

What I have a hard time understanding is how the average registered Democrat and/or dedicated Lib on A2K can rationalize their dishonesty. After all, you're not making money parroting Obama Campaign talking points, you have no hope of being invited to a White House Halloween Party, and you can't possibly think you are winning votes for The Expected One.

It's hard for me to imagine that you truly believe this ****, but your apparent lack of motivation for defending it makes me wonder. Could you actually be the drones you appear to be?

After the Murdering Romeny ad and the attendant revelation of Obama Campaign lies, it is astounding that any of you can express outrage over the perceived lies of Romney.

It's quite telling that whenever you even come close to acknowledging lies ("Mis-speaking" in classic weasel-speak) they are associated with "Obama Supporters," or "The Obama Campaign," and yet any perceived or proven falsehood is instantly attributed to Mitt Romney.

If you actually had any influence on the populace, this dishonest dichotomy might infuriate me, but you don't and so it's merely bemusement that I feel.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are a member of the 1%!

So how much did you voluntarily pay the government in augmented taxes this year?

You Capitalist Swine!

You've benefited off the sweat and blood of the workers, accumulating wealth by virtue of the manipulations of The Market by vulture capitalists.

I hope you enjoy all of your world travels, knowing the 99% are paying for them.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Who in hell said I was in the 1%? You're too dumb to have to answer to.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You did you old fool, by bragging about the millions you have.
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 05:19 pm
@roger,
roger wrote: "No, it does not mirror the dream act. The dream act required honorable military service or college graduation. It also provided a path to citizenship."

Damn good point, I stand corrected. Obama's actions were even worse than I gave him credit for.

JM
JPB

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 05:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I actually believe that he's set his goals on being President of the United States. I think his path for the past 6 - 8 years has been toward that end. I don't think he has any grand plans or ideas beyond winning the election and, actually, beyond his will to be President I have no idea what he stands for. I think he's a dweeb who has managed to become a Very Rich Man on the backs of others. His approval rating as gov of MA was abysmal. I believe that he didn't run for a second term because he would have lost the election and losing wasn't part of his grand plan.

If I had any inkling what he actually feels about anything then I'd weigh in on those feelings/ideas, but since he's been a master of making money for himself and has flip-flopped on everything else, I have nothing else to judge him on beyond his approval ratings in MA.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 05:27 pm
@JPB,
According to the latest polls on electoral votes, it's looking good for Obama.

http://www.pollheadlines.com/electoral-map.php

I'm not ready to predict a win for Obama, because we still have about 88 days before election day, and **** can happen.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 05:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
This wasn't a reply to any particular post so I'll assume it was addressed to the A2K community at large. I'm not a registered Democrat or a dedicated Lib. I tend to sit on the right side (perhaps barely) of the center line. Fortunately, I don't live in a swing state and I haven't been inundated with ads. I hang up on pollsters. I read a broad spectrum of news reports (sans Fox News other than the local folks) and I make my own opinions. And, yet, I wouldn't vote for Romney under any circumstances. I don't plan on voting for Obama either (Gary Johnson will get my vote), but if I lived in a swing state then I'd be out there stuffing mailboxes and ringing doorbells for Obama.
JamesMorrison

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:00 pm
@parados,
parados wrote: "Actually, he was supposed to be the 41st vote so the GOP could filibuster. (The vote to end debate and avoid a filibuster was 60-39) He put his constituents ahead of the GOP. "

Gotcha!
So, given that the GOP could filibuster the Senate, the Dems still passed Obamacare didn't they? So my statement pointing out the Dems had two years to pass anything they wanted negates the 'GOP as obstructionist' argument stands... still. My mistatement regarding the 51st was just so irresistable to you that you could not help but respond and thereby bolster my argument further! You have committed a random act of truth! Good for you!

JM