cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 10:51 am
@JPB,
Thanks, JPB, I needed that "assurance" for now!
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 12:32 pm
10 mentions of death squads, McG; if your still keeping count.

Quote:
Limbaugh said, “So they say now in the Huffington Puffington Post that Mitt Romney’s Bain Capital way way back when it was originally founded was seeded with money from Latin American death squads. Let me ask you a question. What the difference in that that and the Democrats being funded and underwritten by Planned Parenthood and NARAL? If they’re not death squads, I don’t know what is. How many abortions every year? 1.73 million or something. Is the kind of stuff they are talking about Sneardly, the way we fight back. Okay so you say Romney’s Bain Capital founded by death squads, although that’s a dubious claim. What do you call Planned Parenthood, if that’s not a death squad? Who could disagree?”

source

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 12:37 pm
@revelette,
Planned Parenthood death squad? Please explain?
revelette

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 01:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Planned Parenthood death squad? Please explain?

Rush said it was a way to fight the claim of Bain getting it's foundation money from people with ties to death squads in El Salvador.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 01:16 pm
@revelette,
Why do you even "listen" to Rush? He's a crazy person who has no common sense or logic.
revelette

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 01:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't. I just read his stuff on various left wing web sites who do. However, I wouldn't underestimate his influence, he hasn't remained on the air for 24 years because no one listens to him.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 01:36 pm
@revelette,
No question, his influence is huge. Just shows how brainless those listeners are; they repeat many of the stuff Rush says that are not only wrong but outright lies.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 02:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wrong CI! He is a crazy person who knows he makes millions of dollars by pandering to the lunatic fringe.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 03:02 pm
@RABEL222,
About the same conclusion; they're all crazy.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 03:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Does Romney ever tell the truth?

Quote:
Bill Clinton calls Romney’s welfare claims 'not true'

DES MOINES—Former President Bill Clinton is pushing back against Mitt Romney's claim that President Barack Obama is trying to reverse bipartisan welfare reforms he signed into law in 1996. In a television ad released Tuesday and later at an event outside Chicago, Romney criticized a recent Department of Human Services directive that relaxed federal work [...]

Well that clinches it, Romney must be a liar because as we all know there is no one more dedicated to truth than Bill Clinton.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 03:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You are really ignorant about life, aren't you? It's not that Clinton challenged Romney, but you offer nothing to refute anything Clinton said.

You do understand about ad hominems don't you?

Here; listen to Maddow. You might learn something important.
http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/08/07/13163204-the-scandal-behind-romneys-new-attack-ad?lite
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 03:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well that clinches it, I must be ignorant about life, (whatever the hell that means), because as we all know, CI is a bodisattva.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 04:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Life" is all inclusive.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 04:37 pm
Here's a great piece by Brad DeLong, detailing the absolute and total failure that is the Romney economic plan:

http://delong.typepad.com/sdj/2012/08/things-wrong-with-hassett-hubbard-mankiw-and-taylor-the-romney-program-for-economic-recovery-growth-and-jobs.html

He explains in detail the several incorrect assumptions, factual errors, and outright lies inherent in Romney's plan. It's impossible to score his plan and impossible to argue with it, because at it's heart, there is no 'there' there at all. It's like a hope for expansion, not a plan for it.

Cycloptichorn
JPB

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 05:01 pm
This just makes my head spin. And some folks are ready to vote for him for President?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/08/opinion/canellos-kleinbard-romney-taxes/index.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 05:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Pretty much supports what I've been saying all along.
1. Romney never provides detail on how he's going to increase employment or our economy.
2. Most of their challenges about Obama can be answered by facts: over 92% of professional economists agree that the stim bill helped our economy.
3. FACT: The Obama spending binge never happened.
http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-05-22/commentary/31802270_1_spending-federal-budget-drunken-sailor
4. From the NYT.
Quote:
2011 Obama Jobs Bill: Blocked by Republicans
After Republicans took control of the House in January 2011 following their big midterm victories, the debate in Washington focused on spending cuts, not stimulus. But with economic growth stalling in the late summer of 2011, unemployment still stubbornly high and the risk of a “double dip’' recession rising, Mr. Obama went before Congress in September to push for a $447 billion package of tax cuts and new government spending.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 05:11 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

This just makes my head spin. And some folks are ready to vote for him for President?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/08/opinion/canellos-kleinbard-romney-taxes/index.html

I've been wondering when that story would hit the MSM. I've known about it for a few months now.

I think that one of Obama's goals in the debates has GOT to be clearly and simply breaking down the several nefarious steps Romney took to ensure his businesses profited. I know Obama has the skill to transmit this information, but will he do so? If more people understood just how douchey Bain and Romney were, and the things they were willing to do in order to make profits, it would make it very, very hard to vote for the guy.

Cycloptichorn
snood

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 05:33 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

JPB wrote:

I've been wondering when that story would hit the MSM. I've known about it for a few months now.

I think that one of Obama's goals in the debates has GOT to be clearly and simply breaking down the several nefarious steps Romney took to ensure his businesses profited. I know Obama has the skill to transmit this information, but will he do so? If more people understood just how douchey Bain and Romney were, and the things they were willing to do in order to make profits, it would make it very, very hard to vote for the guy.

Cycloptichorn

I think an even more effective strategy would be to just choose the most severe of Romney's flipflops and the most blatant lies and get him to try to defend them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 06:46 pm
@snood,
I've been writing to President Obama that the only way he's going to win this election is to continue challenging Romney's lies and innuendos. Communication is going to win this election, not $$$$$$$$.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 09:05 pm
Romney's refusal to stand for anything might be catching up to him. Witness the latest flap where his supporters are apopleptic because a spokeswoman of his simply mentioned his Massachusetts healthcare in a positive light.

"... Coulter did not let the Romney campaign off the hook, and tore into Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul for her “completely idiotic response” to the ad and called for the Romney campaign to immediately fire her. ..."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ann-coulter-explodes-at-romney-spokeswoman-for-response-to-priorities-usa-ad-she-needs-to-be-fired/

"...Now conservatives are freaking out about it. Conservatives' main gripe with Romney all the way back to the primary season was his implementation of Obamacare on a state level and the thought that he would be an ineffective messenger on repealing the president's legislation.

Influential conservative blogger Erick Erickson tweeted this afternoon that Saul's slip-up may have been the moment that cost Romney the election. ..."

http://www.businessinsider.com/romneycare-andrea-saul-mitt-romney-obamacare-bain-capital-2012-8