cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 04:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
What's a real irony is how all those Romney gaffes on his recent international tour has been downplayed by the conservatives as "not important." The Brits are too sensitive. Playing to the choir in Israel just for the money, and saying "kiss my ass" at a Polish sacred place.

Yea, they've been playing this "game" of putting down Obama since the inauguration, and now they want a holiday because their guy is sloppy when it comes down to foreign affairs.

Finn is blind to all that!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 04:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You do know that Harry Reid is a Senator and Majority Leader?

Which Republican Senator or member of the House has publicly stated Obama is a Muslim or asserted he is not native born?

The former is clearly not true. I don't buy that he's a Christian either, but his religious beliefs are immaterial. For now at least, they can't get him arrested.

I've state more than once in this forum that I don't care where he was born except to the extent that it might indicate his mendacity. Whether or not everyone believes his birthplace has been proven, his mendacity certainly has: When it mean't money in his pocket he was A-OK with his publisher identifying him as Kenyan born. He either was born in Kenya and is lying now or he wasn't and he was lying then.

He has associated with terrorists, so no problem there. You consider that a lie?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 04:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

You do know that Harry Reid is a Senator and Majority Leader?

Which Republican Senator or member of the House has publicly stated Obama is a Muslim or asserted he is not native born?

Is this ******* serious? They use the exact same construction that Reid has: they say 'they don't know' if he is a Christian or is native born, or that 'they've been told' that there are documents or proof out there that he's not Christian or was born in Kenya. It's always a question in their minds. That's what gets the point across to the various dogs they are whistling to.

If you want specific people, you should really start with Sen. King of Iowa, the most odious person in politics today.

Quote:
He has associated with terrorists, so no problem there. You consider that a lie?

Oh really? Which ones would that be? I don't seem to recall any of the people that Obama supposedly 'palled around with' being, yaknow, convicted of anything at all. And certainly there were no victims actually killed by their group.

So, I'm going to have to go ahead and consider that a lie, yes. And one that nobody in America gave a **** about last time around, thank goodness.

Cycloptichorn

engineer

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 04:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Reid is jumping on the "Taxer" bandwagon the way many righties jumped on the "Birther" bandwagon and in many ways the issues are identical and so is the candidates' lack of response to it. Obama delayed for months releasing his birth certificate, allowing the story to gain steam and making people wonder what he was hiding. Likewise, Romney could nip this attack in the bud by releasing his tax returns (even though like Obama there is no requirement to do so and he finds it personally distasteful), but every day he delays he makes people wonder if there is some truth to it. You figure he would have learned from Obama's missteps.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I sometimes despair that you may be drooling over your keyboard in your dotage CI.

What Romney said about the London Olympics was entirely reasonable. Was it politically clever? Not at all, but then you only expect politicians to lie when it suits you. this wasn't a "gaffe," but it probably was political error.

What was the "gaffe" in Israel? You don't even cite the comment so many left leaning commentators assumed to be one. "Playing to the choir" is just what you insist he should have done in the UK, and "just for the money?" Unless you are prepared to level the same criticism against Obama, you should shut your trap.

Finally, Romney never said "Kiss my ass" in Poland you fool.

I'm not blind but you may be senile.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:05 pm
@engineer,
You, like Cyclo are equating The Majority Leader in the US Senate with "rightie" riffraff.

Do you mean to?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Bill Ayers
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Bill Ayers

What was he convicted of, again? Right.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, What do you think about the repubs disenfranchising American voters by creating a faux handicap of a government issued photo ID?

parados

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

I can name one without needing Google search just because it was in the news the last couple of days.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/08/01/619371/steve-king-birther/?mobile=nc

But then with a google search here are some others
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/05/congressman-apologizes-saying-obama-just-not-american/52448/

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/05/30/congressman_jeff_miller_s_office_sends_birther_twitter_poll_deletes_it_.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:10 pm
@parados,
parados, Don't bother; Finn is deaf and dumb when it comes down to facts.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
What Romney said about the London Olympics was entirely reasonable.

No it ******* wasn't you arsehole. The Olympics are going really well, and we've done a bang up job. You're just pissed off that New York didn't get it.

Btw, sensitive or not, Romney has gone down as a total twat across the political spectrum. Stick with Obama, better the devil you know.

Honestly, where the **** do you get Republican presidential candidates from? a ******* freak show? Why not try the radical position of putting a normal person up for nomination?

Sheesh, it's not rocket science.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Oh, so that's the criteria?

Please.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How is a government issued photo ID a handicap when it is free and the State (ie. SC) is willing to pay the transportation costs of anyone applying for same?

You want to fly in an American airport: You need a government issued ID

You want to drink in an American bar: You need a government issued ID

You want to dive a vehicle on American roads: You need a government issued ID

You want to pay with a check or credit card in benighted American communities: You need a government issued ID

You want to vote in America?

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Romney screwed up on two fronts; 1) he told the world that London's security was wanting, and 2) he insulted the Brits.

And, he wants to become president of this country: What's worse is that many Americans believe he's better than Obama.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Oh, so that's the criteria?

Please.

It's not yours? If not, then you have very little defense when Romney is accused of being a tax cheat. Wouldn't you agree?

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:42 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
We're not sure whether Romney is a "tax cheat." We just know that he has something to hide when he declares no more tax returns will be shared with the American people.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Now izzy, calm yourself down lad.

Gosh, you sound like an Ultra-Patriot from the woods of Idaho...on Meth.

The Olympics are going really well and I'm very happy for that fact but when Romney was asked the question, they hadn't started and the issues he very delicately raised were far bigger news in your own country.

I didn't even know New York was in the running you jingoist, and I couldn't care less where they are held.

Rule Brittania! Ey Izzy?

Should we compare medal counts?

Cool
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 06:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You don't know he's a tax cheat and you don't know he has anything to hide.

Fact, plain and simple.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 06:07 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
No, you utter partisan hack.

When was Romney ever legally charged with tax evasion?