JPB

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 10:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
And they mostly talk to each other. I've unfriended a couple birther folks simply because I don't want that **** on my screen. I highly doubt they're making an impact outside of their own choir.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:45 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

It's not enough to hate the other guy - you have to be willing to work for your guy. To knock on doors and make phone calls on weekends. I don't see a lot of that for Romney. Just a lot of online Slacktivism - as if complaining was enough.

I obviously can't tell if they're reporting the truth - but they are reporting going out to meetings, canvassing, calling, emailing. Posting photos of meetings etc.

Not so much for Romney, but to vote Republican.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
ehBeth wrote:
my impression, from Facebook, is that Mr. Obama being the alternative is more than enough to keep the conservative/Republican base mobilized. They still hate Mr. Obama.

mobilized.

Doing something (or claiming to). Everyone will find out in a handful of months what's really going on out there.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:48 pm
@ehBeth,
In Texas, a Tea Party member won a senate seat. Not a good sign of things to come.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:50 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
I highly doubt they're making an impact outside of their own choir.

all they have to do is get the choir out to vote and they'll have done their job

again, I have no idea about the truth of the claims of their activity, but if there's any smoke to the fire of their comments/photos there are a lot of them trying to make sure Mr. Obama is president for one term only
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not in any way would I be mistaken for a Teabagger or a supporter. That being said, I can't see how a single Texas Senate race is indicative or predictive of anything but in Texas. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, I see no indicators of an increasing national Teabagging trend, do you?

One ABC News headline read: "Tea Party Movement Looks Stalled; Half Like it Less as they Hear More"
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:01 pm
@Ragman,
True to that extent, but I believe there are other states with a similar makeup of conservatives who will vote for a Tea Bagger. Won't know until those elections are finished.

I hope, I'm wrong.
Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
FWIW, since posting a moment ago, I just read a recent Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper and it seems there's some indication of stronger muscle to Tea Party there. They (Teabaggers) defeated a transportation bill...perceived as a 'big win':

http://www.ajc.com/news/tea-party-notches-a-1488517.html
Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:06 pm
@Ragman,
all those folks that used to wave the stars and bars are now tea party members.

only follows that hotlanta would be full of them...
Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:09 pm
@Rockhead,
Yeah..I hear that. The point was that I was looking to see if Texas was an isolated pocket of Teabaggers and whether or not there is any trend towards them gaining any muscle anywhere. The fact that there's sympathy in parts of GA (former or present-day stronghold of KKK) moved towards Teabagging, didn't shock me.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:10 pm
@Ragman,
whole lotta stars and bars down there as well...

I think the former blue dems are to be included also.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:14 pm
@Rockhead,
Tea Party

the party of hate...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:15 pm
@Rockhead,
The problem is, they hate America and Americans.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
you know, that kinda bullshit line is one that they use as well.

it oversimplifies the positions to a distorted, name calling game...

they only hate some americans. (mostly the darker ones)

and they love an America that isn't, and cannot be...
Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:19 pm
@Rockhead,
Yeah. Partiot-baiting is a classic flag-waving stunt instead of directly addressing of a political issue based on the merit of the issue.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:22 pm
@Rockhead,
In my world, Americans are Americans; not based on the belief of Tea Party birthers or talking bull **** about Obama's Muslim background.

I will not remain silent just because "the other side does it."

I'm going to show their hypocrisy whatever chance I get.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
lighting little unintended fires wherever you go...

I hold myself to a higher standard.

faretheewell.
Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Tea-bagging patriot-baiting smells quite McCarthy-era-esque to me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 02:09 pm
@Ragman,
watch bipolar's page on FB - he really sets off the teabaggers - there seem to be quite a few in the Carolinas generally and I've seen a lot posting in Indiana
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 02:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Some times you have to set fires (breaks) to control the fire from spreading. Especially when your own house is in danger from that fire.
0 Replies