Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 09:48 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Wait, Mitt Romney is pandering?

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 09:48 am
@Cycloptichorn,
What's the name of people who regularly lies to get people's approval, but can't really deliver on them. Anyone?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 09:50 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I had to check out that love for Israeli healthcare (thought it might have been another one of those crazy Onion commentaries), but no ... the evidence is all over the place.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/07/30/romney-praises-health-care-in-israel-where-strong-government-influence-has-driven-down-costs/

on the plus side, that makes Israel a country other than Canada that American conservatives can move to if Obama is re-elected Laughing
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 09:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
Republicans?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 09:57 am
@Ragman,
Okay, what do you call republicans who constantly lies? *BTW, not all republicans are liars. However, it makes one wonder why so many support a known liar like Romney.

What does Romney bring that makes him such a good GOP candidate?

It's a mystery to me!
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:36 am
JERUSALEM (AP) — Mitt Romney told Jewish donors Monday that their culture is part of what has allowed them to be more economically successful than the Palestinians, outraging Palestinian leaders who suggested his comments were racist and out of touch with the realities of the Middle East. His campaign later said his remarks were mischaracterized.

"As you come here and you see the GDP per capita, for instance, in Israel which is about $21,000, and compare that with the GDP per capita just across the areas managed by the Palestinian Authority, which is more like $10,000 per capita, you notice such a dramatically stark difference in economic vitality," the Republican presidential candidate told about 40 wealthy donors who ate breakfast at the luxurious King David Hotel.

Romney said some economic histories have theorized that "culture makes all the difference."

"And as I come here and I look out over this city and consider the accomplishments of the people of this nation, I recognize the power of at least culture and a few other things," Romney said, citing an innovative business climate, the Jewish history of thriving in difficult circumstances and the "hand of providence." He said similar disparity exists between neighboring countries, like Mexico and the United States.

Yep, I want this man representing me in the middle east, or anywhere else for that matter.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:54 am
@IRFRANK,
Romney is dumber than a parrot; he doesn't have the brains to be a dog-catcher.

Just shows he is a racial bigot with no clue about Israel/Palestine or intelligence.

Glad he can win the Jewish supporters.

They belong together.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:24 am
Quote:
Temple Mount Tackiness
By Jeffrey Goldberg

Jul 29 2012, 8:48 AM ET 594

Today is Tisha b'Av, the ninth of Av, a Jewish day of fasting and mourning. It is on this day that the First and Second Temples were destroyed. The Western Wall, in Jerusalem, is a retaining wall of the Second Temple. It is, especially on this day, a locus of prayer and reflection. It is also, on this particular Tisha b'Av, the location of a very important photo opportunity for an American presidential candidate.

How vulgar is this?

Very.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/07/temple-mount-tackiness/260460/

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:32 am
@Cycloptichorn,
What Romney has done at the Western Wall is an insult, but you wouldn't know that by the reaction from the Jews.

parados

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
I usually let the people that should be offended decide whether it is offensive or not.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:39 am
@parados,
True; but I calls em like I sees em.

Quote:

July 30, 2012, 11:28 AM306 Comments
Romney Comments on Palestinians Draw Criticism
By ASHLEY PARKER
JERUSALEM — Mitt Romney found himself on the defensive yet again on his overseas trip, this time after offending Palestinian leaders with comments he made at a breakfast fund-raiser here on Monday.

Speaking to roughly four dozen donors at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, Mr. Romney suggested that cultural differences between the Israelis and the Palestinians were the reason the Israelis were so much more economically successful than the Palestinians. He also vastly understated the income disparities between the two groups.

He's an idiot, playing political games with the Jews.

Jews should be familiar with racial bigotry.

Besides, it's been my understanding that the Palestinians and Jews are genetically connected.

DUH!
IRFRANK

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Besides, it's been my understanding that the Palestinians and Jews are genetically connected.

He didn't say it was genetic. He said it was cultural. Either way, it was a poor thing to say.

I'm sure he thinks his success is a result of his hard work and intelligence, and superior culture. Doesn't have anything to do with being born on third base.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:58 pm
@IRFRANK,
You're right; but I'm saying it's genetic. Culture and race may not be related, but culture is a man-made pseudo designation that creates more problems for the human race than most other societal issues.

FACTS: 1. We all belong to the human race. 2. We all originated from Africa.
3. How close are humans related to other animals?

One more thing; Romney said "culture makes all the difference."

I challenge that statement. I say it's the genes and environment.

Palestinians have not had the same opportunities as the Jews in Israel.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 01:26 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

I usually let the people that should be offended decide whether it is offensive or not.

That's something a lot of people don't seem to be able to grasp.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 01:50 pm
@snood,
Funny coming from someone who's so sensitive about race and bigotry.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 01:51 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

is this some kind of 'if a tree falls in the forest' approach?
parados

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 02:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Hardly. I simply see no reason to decide how other people should react before they do so. It happens far too often where someone not in a group decides that said group should be offended.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 02:18 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

<snork>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 02:26 pm
@parados,
So, when minority groups seek equal rights because they are denied equal rights, it doesn't matter to you because they are offended?
parados

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 02:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When a minority group chooses not to be offended I see no reason to be offended for them.