Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:33 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:

So, when Bush was President and then 9/11 happened, where was this kind of understanding?

Are you ******* kidding? Bush's approval ratings post-9/11 were 90+%!!! You saw exactly that understanding. And they stayed very high indeed - right up until he decided to abandon one war and start another, for no good reason. That's when his ratings started to tank and slid for another 6 straight years.

Quote:
Wasn't Obama a Senator leading up to that bubble bursting? What was he doing in the Senate to stop it?

Obama won a seat in the Senate in 2004. He had no power to stop anything from happening at all. This is a ridiculous thing for you to write...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:34 pm
bump
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:35 pm
bump
again
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:35 pm
@LionTamerX,

Sandy spread the misery around the north east and the 24/7 barrage of TV news video
currently documenting the tragedy as it unfolds right before our eyes is a brutal anti Obama ad.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't deny any of that.

However, that is not what you said.
You said...
and
Quote:
our stock market is performing better than it did under any republican. WOW

I showed that to not be the case, so mow you are trying to change what you said.
Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:36 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

But that caveat was NOT in the initial statement, and it was the initial statement, that the market is doing better now than it has "under ANY repub president" that I was responding to.

I showed that the market was quite a bit higher under Bush BEFORE the bubble burst than it is now.

The fact that the market was at a higher level doesn't necessarily mean it was 'doing better.' When Bush took office, the Dow was already AT 11k, thanks in large part to Clinton kicking ass. And when Bush left office, it was in the tank. Doesn't really matter if there were good times in the middle, as that's not sustained growth.

Cyclotpichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From survivalandprosperity.com.

Quote:
I call to your attention a study done in December 2006 by Elliott Parker, Ph.D., who is a Professor of Economics at the University of Nevada-Reno. Using data from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis, Dr. Parker first compared the economic performance of Republican and Democratic presidencies from 1929 through the end of 2005. He found that the Real GDP Growth Rate (annual average) was 1.9% for Republican administrations and 5.1% for Democratic administrations during this time. Real GDP Growth Rate Per Capita was .7% for the Republicans and 3.8% for the Democrats. However, the professor pointed out that the years comprising the Great Depression and WWII should probably be excluded from the comparison. So economic performance from 1949 (end of Truman administration) to 2005 was compared, which showed Real GDP Growth Rate (annual average) under Republican administrations now stood at 2.9% and Democratic administrations at 4.2%. Real GDP Growth Rate Per Capita was 1.7% for the Republicans and 2.9% for the Democrats. These results prompted Dr. Parker to conclude that “the economy has grown significantly faster under Democratic administrations, and more than twice as fast in per-capita terms.”

The University of Nevada-Reno economics professor also uncovered the following while conducting the economic comparison between Republican and Democratic presidential administrations from 1949 to 2005:

• Unemployment Rate- Republicans 6.0%, Democrats 5.2%
• Change In Unemployment Rate- Republicans +0.3%, Democrats -0.4%
• Growth of Multifactor Productivity- Republicans 0.9%, Democrats 1.7%
• Corporate Profits (share of GDP)- Republicans 8.8%, Democrats 10.2%
• Real Value of Dow Jones Index- Republicans 4.3%, Democrats 5.4% (in logarithmic growth rates)- Republicans 2.8%, Democrats 4.4%
• Real Weekly Earnings- Republicans 0.3%, Democrats 1.0%
• CPI Inflation Rate- Republicans 3.8%, Democrats 3.8%
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:51 pm
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but Romney's 'closing argument' today was basically a threat: elect me, or the economy gets it!

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/romney-new-recession-warning.php?ref=fpa

Cycloptichorn
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:52 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
plus I'll shoot your dog
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

I see that you have problems distinguishing a threat from a promise.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:56 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
they've (the GOPers) already taken the economy hostage, who's to say they don't kill it if they lose...
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:57 pm

The Romney, Ryan Event in West Chester, Ohio looks HUGE
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 06:46 pm

Earlier:

Romney highlights energy as he makes closing pitch to Ohio voters

http://www.mittromney.com/states/ohio
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 07:09 pm
@Rockhead,
Republican owners of businesses have threatened their workers that unless they vote for Romney, their jobs will be at stake.

This is the party of less government intrusion into private lives, but their whole party practices party politics at every level.

"Forgive them, for they know not what they do." They're too stupid to understand their own origins.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 08:11 pm

Real Change From Day One
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 08:30 pm
http://jewsforsarah.com/wp-content/uploads/154074120.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 08:52 pm

NBCNews

Romney launches final election push with massive Ohio rally
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 06:51 am

Poll: Romney Leads By 6 In Florida
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 06:52 am

Why Romney Will Win Ohio
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 07:27 am

Bottom line: Romney 315, Obama 223.
That sounds high for Romney.
But he could drop Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and still win the election.
Fundamentals.

Barone: Going out on a limb: Romney beats Obama, handily