H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 02:34 pm
@ehBeth,
That's seals it.

ehbeth, you are one of the more under informed people posting on A2K... you are a waste of my time.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 03:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
All 3 of the markets closed down today, the DOW is down below 13,100 at the moment.
In Feb of 2008 it was just over 15000, Bush was president then.
Based on the averages for the last 10 years, the DOW is nowhere near what it was under Bush.
So your claim that the market is performing better now than under any republican is bogus, and it took less then 2 minutes to get the evidence to prove it.

http://www.macrotrends.org/1358/dow-jones-industrial-average-last-10-years
Rockhead

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 03:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
oh the irony.

please stop the irony.

it huuuuuurts....
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 03:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

That's seals it.

ehbeth, you are one of the more under informed people posting on A2K... you are a waste of my time.

This is one of the funniest posts I’ve ever read on here. This guy is a fool! Laughing
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 03:20 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

All 3 of the markets closed down today, the DOW is down below 13,100 at the moment.
Based on the averages for the last 10 years, the DOW is nowhere near what it was under Bush.
So your claim that the market is performing better now than under any republican is bogus, and it took less then 2 minutes to get the evidence to prove it.

Um, Feb. of 2008 was at the absolute HEIGHT of the mortgage bubble, which then subsequently burst and tumbled prices to a gigantic extent. So, it's not really accurate to look at that one moment and say 'this is when things were best,' or 'this is what solid growth looks like.'

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 03:30 pm
@MMarciano,
Did you just learn about waterboy? LOL Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk

Some people love to be very selective about how they interpret history to show how stupid they are! When GW Bush left office, our country was losing 800,000 jobs every month, and the DOW on the indices were
Quote:
Stock Market Closing Prices - 12/31/08

Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DJIA ) Close - 8776.39 Up 108
Nasdaq Stock Market Close - 1577.03 Up 26.33
S&P 500 Close - 903.33 Up 12.69

Today's close: DOW 13,093 (up 49%), Nasdaq 2,982 (up 89%) , and S&P 1,414 (up 57%).

Some people have no clue of the "real" world around them.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 03:34 pm
@MMarciano,

You must be one of the sheep that the flock left behind.
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 03:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
Romney seems to be getting Desparate now. Hes tried to modify his lie about the Chrysler "Move to China" after the Jeep divisions CEO told him to shut up.

Hes a,so trying to have economic news both ways.

Mitssy in a tizzey?

You guys need a real candidate, if you had Obama as a GOP youd be bursting at the seams singing his praises. As it is, youve got Thurston Romney and his right wing bitch (who, by the way is really really quiet lately--could it be that Ryans having second thoughts now that Romenys trying to suck off the moderates?)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 03:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
lots of my holdings in S&P long term indices ,I was advised to dump in late 2008 when **** hit the fan and kept going. ( I have a wealth management guy at Vanguard). He said to not worry about that cause th losses would outweigh the wait. He was roght and Im back . Other investments of more recent vintage have done maahhvelously.

OBAMAs been good for the Stock Market IMHO . Im sure spurt's gonna try to ignore or deny but he cannot.
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:01 pm
@mysteryman,
man are you trying to pull some **** over us. When Bush left office in 2009 the S&P was at 8000 as the "Bubble " broke and the Great Recession became obvious to the outgoing GOP.

http://www.forecast-chart.com/images/index/tsx-composite-november.gif
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:03 pm
@farmerman,
S&P went from 1540 at end of Clinton terms and then, after 8 years of Bush, it as down to 8000
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:03 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Let's see.... Right before Obama was elected:

November 3, 2008, Dow closes at.... 9,319.83

God, you're a tool.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:09 pm
Brutal anti Mittens ad.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:22 pm
@farmerman,
My funds have been up as much as 15% this year, and even with the past week's downtrend, it's still up by over 11%. I'm not complaining; just enjoying the fruits of our savings. Heck, I've been withdrawing funds from my savings since 1998 when I retired, and I'm still in the plus - after 2008.

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You said that the market is doing better now than "it has under any republican".
I just showed that to be false. Now you are adding the caveat about "since the bubble burst"

If you add that caveat, then you are correct, because there has only been 1 repubs president since then.
However, that was not in your initial statement.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:25 pm
@mysteryman,
Dude, that's a pretty important caveat. That's like saying, "I'm earning more than I ever have, thanks to the unsustainable loans I'm taking out." That's the definition of a Relevant Detail.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:28 pm
@mysteryman,
No, you're still wrong; democratic presidents have done better for "all" Americans vs the GOP. Look at the history by presidents if you are capable.

Here's a link you might want to "study," then return with what you learned.

http://www.eriposte.com/economy/other/demovsrep.htm
McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

mysteryman wrote:

Um, Feb. of 2008 was at the absolute HEIGHT of the mortgage bubble, which then subsequently burst and tumbled prices to a gigantic extent. So, it's not really accurate to look at that one moment and say 'this is when things were best,' or 'this is what solid growth looks like.'

Cycloptichorn

Shocked

So, when Bush was President and then 9/11 happened, where was this kind of understanding?

Wasn't Obama a Senator leading up to that bubble bursting? What was he doing in the Senate to stop it?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:29 pm

Romney is doing far better in Ohio than the majority of people
and the media give him credit for, it's going to be very close.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 04:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
But that caveat was NOT in the initial statement, and it was the initial statement, that the market is doing better now than it has "under ANY repub president" that I was responding to.

I showed that the market was quite a bit higher under Bush BEFORE the bubble burst than it is now.